collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467679 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2775 on: August 28, 2020, 02:48:00 PM »
I slept okay for once but I woke with a headache that's persisted all day, plus my implant itches. I have that weighted feeling in my right eye, so the source is the implant. By sleeping for several hours in a row I must've been laying on it. Can't ever have a decent nights sleep ever!

Edit: Argh! I made a new page :shakefist:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: August 28, 2020, 07:28:52 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that BlackCurtains.  :sad:

My hands have been tingling the last few days.  It feels like they are falling asleep but sometimes they feel that way when I am doing something.  My hands also seem swollen. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2777 on: August 29, 2020, 04:02:19 AM »
Thanks, Ponyfan.

I'm sorry about your hands. The same thing happens to my feet sometimes. Try drinking electrolytes, that always helps me when I get that tingly feeling.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: August 29, 2020, 09:04:06 PM »
My eye is itchy right in the corner by the tearduct.....and the more I rub it out seems to being relief for a minute... but then it itches more....vicious circle  :nuts:

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2779 on: August 30, 2020, 03:04:05 AM »
I had to use my rescue inhaler twice yesterday and this morning my throat hurts  >_<

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: August 31, 2020, 02:27:50 AM »
I once again fell into that trap of giving a book the benefit of the doubt, when I should've stuck to my rule of the 50 Page Test (that is, if it's dull or irritating by page 50, I'm not sticking with it). I stuck with it thinking that all the build-up in the really ominous, sparse, slow release of little details might go somewhere interesting, but it didn't. It just fizzled out with the most obvious conclusion, no disercnible character development for anyone involved in the narrative and the conclusion of the story basically boiled down to "Everyone is useless. The end!" Yeah, great job on that. I'm all for subverting established literary tropes but it has to be done with skill, not just a petulant, artless, bait-and-switch. Honestly... :pout:
And now the electric metre is beeping outside, so I'll have to go and stick the emergency on it.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: August 31, 2020, 07:17:45 AM »
I have been waking up extra early for no apparent reason.  I went to bed at 11:30 pm and was wide awake at 2:30 am. My usual relaxing strategies for going to to sleep didn’t work. I finally feel back asleep around 5:30 am.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: August 31, 2020, 08:02:27 AM »
I wanted to rearrange my room this last weekend, but what I had in mind didn't work so I had to put everything back.  When I went to move a large shelf (it was empty thank goodness) it literally fell apart in my hands.  Maybe that was a good thing that it fell apart when it was empty but now I have to go buy a new shelf because I thought it through and I really need the shelves and can't get away with just not having them. 

And it was hot last night and I broke a nail opening my window. 

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: August 31, 2020, 09:32:28 AM »
Left big toe is still hurting, woke me up at 3am (my local time), slept with my leg out of the bed cover. In the morning I had a bad back because my back wasn’t covered.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: September 01, 2020, 06:33:10 AM »
My laundry won't dry with this level of humidity! :mad: On Sunday I washed a load of towels, and I still can't put them away. It sucks, because I only have ONE drying rack, and there's other laundry piling up. :pout:

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: September 01, 2020, 07:13:54 AM »
My laundry won't dry with this level of humidity! :mad: On Sunday I washed a load of towels, and I still can't put them away. It sucks, because I only have ONE drying rack, and there's other laundry piling up. :pout:

Do you have a stair railing or a shower rod you can hang things on? 

My complaint for today is that my parents are supposed to be up hunting for the month.  So I had planned to gut my room, rearrange and clean everything and then put it back.  Well I got started on Friday and since I broke a shelf on Saturday I wanted to put away everything that could be put away last night after work (staying up until midnight to get as much done as possible) so I could buy a shelf today, put it together and then finish up tonight.  However my parents came home yesterday while I was at work (didn't bother to call/text me to let me know) in order to go to a funeral today.  That meant that I had to wait until 7pm to have dinner because they "weren't hungry and didn't know what they wanted" and then I had to be done cleaning by 9 so that they could go to bed.  So I lost an hour of work time waiting for them to decide on dinner and then another three hours of work time because they wanted to go to bed.  Wow.  A whole hour of time to myself to get things done.  So you can imagine that I did NOT get anything finished last night.  And my parents will be back later in the week for the burial part of the funeral because it's going to take three days to transport the body about 50 miles.  So I basically won't get anything done this week, either.  And they brought the dog home so now I will have to completely re-clean the house after they leave next weekend (instead of being able to do something fun and enjoy the house that I already spent 2 days cleaning) because he's already covered the couch in hair.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: September 01, 2020, 10:38:53 AM »
Do you have a stair railing or a shower rod you can hang things on? 

Unfortunately not. :( However, I just "solved" it by draping the towels over the edge of the clean clothes hamper. Luckily it's mostly the bottoms of the towels that are still damp, so I strategically placed them so those parts get some air. It looks ridiculous, but it's the best I can do with what I have. :P

He knows that they're the fool...

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2787 on: September 01, 2020, 12:59:50 PM »

When I lived in London I didn't have any rails or anything to put laundry on. Yeah, we had a drier, but there were things you couldn't put in that. I got very adept at hanging things over the doors of my cupboards and wardrobe to air and dry (with the window open). xD.

I am not sure my complaint is trivial, but universities genuinely haven't grasped the reality of COVID well enough IMO...

Or maybe it's just me and my bad timing.

I finished my PhD too late to get into any kind of postdoc in 2019.
There are not many of these anyway and they are really competitive, but some of the ones I applied for for 2020 got cancelled because of covid.
Now there are some being listed for 2021 but most of them are restricting it to people who submitted after October 2019.

...So I am not sure right now where that leaves me. I'm not worried about getting a non-academic job, if and when it's safe to do so without putting my family at risk. I had one I almost applied for this week but didn't because the logistics of where it was would be problematic given the covid situation. But it's frustrating to want to get back into academia and to have all the doors shut because of timing. :/ I dunno.

I am working on some things of my own around this, and my former supervisor keeps sending me random links to things I know literally nothing about *lol*. But still. It's a bit of a pain :/
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 01:03:31 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: September 02, 2020, 08:38:15 AM »
I found a tokidoki unicorn the other day and it sparked the want to collect.

I swear to God I have some sort of collector / hoarding gene inside of me and I hate it *so* much.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: September 02, 2020, 09:50:43 AM »
I'm having a lot of trouble with my asthma.  I keep using my rescue inhaler and nebulizer but they're not helping much.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal