collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467663 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2625 on: June 26, 2020, 08:54:00 AM »
This is definitely an extremely trivial complaint of the highest order but I can't work up the motivation to work on my art at all. It's been about a month that I've been failing to get to any traction now, and it has been an immensely rough month, but I don't want that to hold me back; it hasn't held me back from doing other constructive things, but it has kind of killed off my creative drive. I've tried taking the compassionate route and just trying to do a quick sketch each day, even if I don't feel like doing it, but even that feels like too much aggro at the moment. I really want to go back and study the structural basics of drawing, then use that knowledge to develop a new art style and hopefully make something worthwhile that I could exhibit locally when things are more normal, and I know that goal isn't going to happen without a lot of work and consistent effort, but urgh, I am too all-over-the-place to focus on it at the moment. :/

I can relate. Lockdown has killed my ability to work on anything academic. Creativity is limited to fanfiction at the moment, too.

It's good to know that I'm not alone in this! It seems that loads of other people have been achieving all manner of things during lockdown and I was the only one who didn't have the energy of focus for it.

And my complaint for today is the excessive humidity. It did rain a little bit earlier and that did take the edge off briefly, but now the sun's out again, it's gone back to being very oppressive and claggy.

I would see it like the people who only post the happy moments on facebook. Everyone is having some struggles with lockdown of some sort, I'm pretty sure - but probably want to share the positive things most so as not to bring other people down.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2626 on: June 26, 2020, 09:00:14 AM »
My dad is incredibly frustrating. Last week a biopsy from his arm came back as skin cancer. He never wears sunscreen or a hat or anything that protects from the sun. My sister and I gave him some UV blocking long sleeved shirts for Father's Day. He's out mowing the lawn right now in a tee shirt.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: June 26, 2020, 12:08:16 PM »
This is definitely an extremely trivial complaint of the highest order but I can't work up the motivation to work on my art at all. It's been about a month that I've been failing to get to any traction now, and it has been an immensely rough month, but I don't want that to hold me back; it hasn't held me back from doing other constructive things, but it has kind of killed off my creative drive. I've tried taking the compassionate route and just trying to do a quick sketch each day, even if I don't feel like doing it, but even that feels like too much aggro at the moment. I really want to go back and study the structural basics of drawing, then use that knowledge to develop a new art style and hopefully make something worthwhile that I could exhibit locally when things are more normal, and I know that goal isn't going to happen without a lot of work and consistent effort, but urgh, I am too all-over-the-place to focus on it at the moment. :/

I can relate. Lockdown has killed my ability to work on anything academic. Creativity is limited to fanfiction at the moment, too.

It's good to know that I'm not alone in this! It seems that loads of other people have been achieving all manner of things during lockdown and I was the only one who didn't have the energy of focus for it.

And my complaint for today is the excessive humidity. It did rain a little bit earlier and that did take the edge off briefly, but now the sun's out again, it's gone back to being very oppressive and claggy.

I would see it like the people who only post the happy moments on facebook. Everyone is having some struggles with lockdown of some sort, I'm pretty sure - but probably want to share the positive things most so as not to bring other people down.

If you look at my Facebook it probably looks happy but there are things I'm dealing with right now that I don't feel comfortable posting on Facebook due to having people I've met through work, extended family members etc.. on my friends list.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: June 27, 2020, 03:55:37 PM »
There's a fruit fly problem in my room. The darn things keep on flying right into my face! Why do bugs have to be so annoying in that way? Why can't they just mind their business?

|My Collection|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2629 on: June 27, 2020, 04:39:42 PM »
There's a fruit fly problem in my room. The darn things keep on flying right into my face! Why do bugs have to be so annoying in that way? Why can't they just mind their business?

Do you want the truth? They're trying to drink your tears :shocked:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: June 27, 2020, 11:48:16 PM »
Got a request to do a picture of the apple siblings in blender. Thing is, I need an applebloom and big macintosh model, and no such models exist for blender. So I figured I would import it from SFM (where a lot of pony models are used)  since you can import and export between blender and SFM. I’ve got Big Mac right now, and am trying to work out the problems before I do applebloom. But the textures aren’t loading at all! Big Mac is a grey model that’s fully posable. No red coat, orange mane, eyes or cutie mark. It’s frustrating because I don’t know what I’ve done wrong, or how to fix it since texturing isn’t something I have much experience in.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: June 28, 2020, 12:14:48 AM »

If you look at my Facebook it probably looks happy but there are things I'm dealing with right now that I don't feel comfortable posting on Facebook due to having people I've met through work, extended family members etc.. on my friends list.

Ponyfan

Yes, there is that; I forgot that side of the equation after I quit social media a while back, but the same probably applies to people calling in to radio stations to talk about what they're doing; they probably just want to share in some good vibes rather than getting their frustration out on the air too. Thank you both for your input; having some more perspective on things does help to put my mind more at ease.

And my complaint for today is gloopy, slightly runny porridge. It tasted alright, but the texture was just plain nightmarish.

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: June 28, 2020, 01:48:11 PM »
My watch is now dead after being in the water for about 10 seconds yesterday. "Water resistant up to 50 meters"... right -_-

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #2633 on: June 28, 2020, 03:33:54 PM »
I sold some ponies around the time we moved and forgot to update my collection records. so i thought i still had Baby Buttons, Italy Heart Throb, and Italy Surprise. Now that i've had seller's remorse i need to track those down too.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: June 28, 2020, 06:35:18 PM »

Do you want the truth? They're trying to drink your tears :shocked:

That's certainly an ...interesting factoid! I don't know whether to be amused or freaked out. Lol.

Anyway, I've learned that the reason they've come into our house is that my mom has been bringing lots of fruit home lately.

|My Collection|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2635 on: June 29, 2020, 09:21:42 AM »
Between the pollen and Saharan dust my allergies are going crazy. It needs to storm again and clean out the air.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: July 01, 2020, 01:40:54 PM »
A lot of people walk their dogs at the park I go to for walks, and one dog that was off leash (which is illegal in the area) started circling around me and barking real aggressively. It took a while for it to go back to its owner... good thing it wasn't bigger, I would've freaked out much more, especially since it did it twice :unsure:

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: July 01, 2020, 04:38:15 PM »
I wanted to watch anime on Crunchyroll but the website was having problems.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 04:41:37 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: July 01, 2020, 09:00:38 PM »
too long to get into it but..my parental units (dad and step mom) are yelling and arguing about this beach trip we were supposed to take for my dads birthday, but not they're sort of just ragging on me from downstairs for not wanting to bike? theyre arguing with eachother but i can hear it. it seems really trivial but its making me really upset  :redface: i feel so ashamed! but i didnt really do anything wrong
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 09:06:08 PM by orangepeachmango »

wishlist

Offline RLisa

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: July 02, 2020, 03:03:46 AM »
maybe not so trivial.. but I was going to have an online presentation for a conference today and during my presentation my internet connection was lost. On my screen there wasn't any error message, seemed like I was still presenting, and it's the kind of platform where if you present your screen, you cannot see the audience anymore. So yeah that went well.

currently feeling like

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal