collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467701 times)

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2490 on: May 02, 2020, 03:47:22 AM »
I don’t think I’m really in a financial position to buy a house quite yet, but I was browsing Zillow for fun and found a home in downtown Phoenix that I was absolutely in love with. Like, it was every thing I ever wanted in a home and it was a REALLY good price. Located just minutes from all the stadiums and concert venues in the city. It went off the market within 2 days. It just makes me sick because I’m pretty sure some investor snapped it up and is going to rent it out at some ungodly price. :( I wanted to at least talk to an agent and see if it was a dream within my reach.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: May 02, 2020, 09:31:43 AM »
Setting up a printer for the first time in about 17 years... well, there's an hour and a half of my life I'm never gonna get back! It really shouldn't be that much of a faff just to install a driver. Modern technology indeed... :drunk: But on the plus side, I have free ink cartridges for 5 months, that's certainly not to be sniffed at. I'm not after starting up my own publishing house from the flat or anything, but it's nice to know that if I do need ink over the next few months, I'm covered.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: May 04, 2020, 12:05:50 PM »
MEN! :argh:

Spoiler
Ugh, really! I'm putting this under a spoiler because complaining about my husband to others is something I never do, but I'm so fricken frustrated right now (please forgive me Father)!

So all the barbershops are closed, and they probably won't open anytime soon. My husband has been complaining about his hair non-stop; it's too long, it looks bad, it's in the way, etc. (for the record, I love how it looks and he knows it! :heart: ). So he's been bugging me for weeks if I can cut/shave it off for him, and I've been telling him that it would be a bad, bad idea because I don't even know the basics. His answer to that is a "threat" that he will just shave his whole head then (which would look terrible).

So, fast forward to today. I really wanted to help him, so I told him that I made a serious effort to learn how to cut men's hair (looked up how-to videos and tips online), and that I thought I could do an okay job now (no big risks, just a basic, modest trim). And even that I was going to buy a proper comb and a proper pair of scissors for the job.

...And now he's scared. But does he tell me that? NOOO! He suddenly says things like "if you like my hair like this I can just keep it this way until the barbershop opens again" and "maybe you can just use some of that mousse that you brought to keep it out of my face" (which he REFUSED to let me do before!) So what is this, reversed psychology or something!? >_<

For an outsider this probably sounds cute (and of course I will admit that it is, after I have cooled down  :P :heart: ), like, "First all this big talk, and now he got cold feet, d'aww!", but for now... GRRRRRR!

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: May 05, 2020, 05:24:15 AM »
Wireless blinking mouse!!! Thing is testing my patience & is the reason I phoned my pal in the first place!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: May 05, 2020, 02:34:05 PM »
My (relatively new but we're quarantining together) partner's dad is doing my head in

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: May 06, 2020, 10:33:11 AM »
This morning's storm was accompanied by severe wind - nearly ripped our young broccoli / cauliflower plants out of the ground, tore the shadescreen off my chicken run and rolled one of my smaller coops. (Thank God nobody was killed or injured.)

It's only noon and I already want to go back to bed. :yikes:

Mimic on MLPTP

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: May 06, 2020, 12:56:48 PM »
I've been re-reading a fanfic online that was never finished and I really want the author to finish it.  Though, I don't even know if they're still writing.   :(

Offline Ponyfan

• MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: May 06, 2020, 01:10:18 PM »
I've been re-reading a fanfic online that was never finished and I really want the author to finish it.  Though, I don't even know if they're still writing.   :(

This happens to me a lot when I read fanfiction.  I'll find an amazing story and really get in to it only to be disappointed that the author never completed it.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2498 on: May 06, 2020, 01:12:59 PM »

This happens to me a lot when I read fanfiction.  I'll find an amazing story and really get in to it only to be disappointed that the author never completed it.

Ponyfan

It's one reason why I don't start posting a story in any fandom until I feel fairly confident I've written enough that it has somewhere to go. I have a few unfinished but not many. The thing is people often get a great idea then don't have time to get it all down, and then stuff happens...and they move on and leave it hanging.

I've been there too with reading a great story only to find it has yet to be continued...and was last updated several years ago ><
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: May 06, 2020, 01:36:22 PM »
ack i want and need sleep but random muscle is preventing me from doing so, its super weird and idk what caused it.
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: May 06, 2020, 08:21:05 PM »
Trying to get motivated to finish my second in a three-part series (third is even started & bugging me to write it) on the topic of fan fics. The first part IS finished; the only reason it isn't all up yet is my policy where I post it is wait for a comment then post next bit.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2501 on: May 06, 2020, 09:46:50 PM »

Ponyfan
The Miraculous fandom got me in the habit of just looking for finished fics only...but now I'm treading into less-written territory and unfinished is all that's left. The plight never ends.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponyfan

• MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: May 07, 2020, 10:34:57 AM »
I had an idea for an epic adventure fanfiction but I ran out of ideas and ending up just rewriting the same scenes over and over and lost any inspiration that I had.  :sad: 

I was going to re-read one of my favorite fanfics yesterday but I couldn't find the link and searching for it using what I could remember of the dialogue didn't lead me to the correct one. I guess it was taken down by the author for some reason. 

There's been so much drama in my house today. :sad: :wail:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: May 07, 2020, 10:42:12 AM »
I bought a very cool (and large) OOAK art piece from Japan. *_*; I don't know why I'm so crazy, but I'm pretty sure I'm crazy.

And this is a complaint, because I don't know how to treat myself. I'm not sure it's the right time either. But here we are.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: May 07, 2020, 10:44:09 AM »
I finally got the fabric to sew a dress for my first doll!
...except I have little to no sewing experience at all!
So yeah...kind of confused and worried, but it will turn out fine. Right?
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal