collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467641 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2460 on: April 22, 2020, 01:27:38 PM »
I do not like flat soft drinks.  There is a family member that says they can’t tell the difference so it doesn’t matter to them whether it’s flat or not. Usually this isn’t a problem until that person puts a drink that’s gone flat in the refrigerator and then I find out it’s flat when it doesn’t taste right to me.

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 10:16:49 AM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2461 on: April 22, 2020, 01:39:23 PM »
I am so fed up with conversations about delivery slots, online orders...and being the one who has to come to the rescue to ensure we actually have food.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2462 on: April 22, 2020, 10:01:14 PM »
I went to bed at 11pm Tuesday and woke up at 6pm Wednesday. I've been sleeping a lot lately but usually I can tell when I'm going to be comatose the next day. I was surprised by the time. And I didn't wake up at all that I can remember, which is unusual.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: April 23, 2020, 06:08:16 AM »
I think I have a migraine coming on.

Ponyfan

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: April 23, 2020, 09:48:19 AM »
The whole "Zombie to a billion" thing (Cranberries) still irks me. I complained about it here when they first posted about it, and now I will complain again because apparently they made it to a billion and released the video. :razz:

Call me an old-fashioned purist if you must, but to me this is wrong on so many levels... First of all I hate like/view battles, it's cheap and incredibly shallow. And second, of all the videos you guys made, you had to pick Zombie for this!? Forgive me for the pun, but what's in your head!? I sincerely hope that it was the management who insisted on it...

I don't care about your super duper big honkin' high quality video if it has to be done this way. I'll just stick to the old, barely visible version, thank you.

He knows that they're the fool...

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: April 23, 2020, 09:52:13 AM »
Zombie has a particular meaning as a song and was written with a particular message in mind. I'm not even sure how I feel about the cover version/the rerelease that was going to happen before Dolores passed away...

Having grown up here where the Troubles were a constant thing, I will always see Zombie as a protest against killing innocents to make a political point. But NI is and always will be extremely complex. I feel like Zombie belongs in that context, rather than being repurposed for Syria or other conflicts.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: April 23, 2020, 09:54:22 AM »
Zombie has a particular meaning as a song and was written with a particular message in mind. I'm not even sure how I feel about the cover version/the rerelease that was going to happen before Dolores passed away...

Having grown up here where the Troubles were a constant thing, I will always see Zombie as a protest against killing innocents to make a political point. But NI is and always will be extremely complex. I feel like Zombie belongs in that context, rather than being repurposed for Syria or other conflicts.
Agree fully!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: April 23, 2020, 10:04:05 AM »

Just like Ponybookworm, I couldn't agree more! :worshippy:

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: April 23, 2020, 11:07:45 AM »
Lots of research pictures for an Ancient Rome project, maths and English grammar worksheets etc (set work for home schooling) cannot be printed because or printer decided to be EVIL and just mess with our heads.

Two days of fiddling, wasting paper, jammings, rude words and headache.

I have wasted so much time copying worksheets (using handwriting) to prepare home lessons.

I think we are going to order a new printer tonight...

In other news, I cut a toilet-roll tube in half to make two mini Scuta (scutum = Roman shield) and had a bit of fun painting them; it was a task meant for my kid to do,  but *I* NEEDED the diversion!!!

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: April 23, 2020, 04:27:00 PM »
Lots of research pictures for an Ancient Rome project, maths and English grammar worksheets etc (set work for home schooling) cannot be printed because or printer decided to be EVIL and just mess with our heads.

Two days of fiddling, wasting paper, jammings, rude words and headache.

I have wasted so much time copying worksheets (using handwriting) to prepare home lessons.

I think we are going to order a new printer tonight...

In other news, I cut a toilet-roll tube in half to make two mini Scuta (scutum = Roman shield) and had a bit of fun painting them; it was a task meant for my kid to do,  but *I* NEEDED the diversion!!!

Printers always choose to fail at the worst possible times. They plan for it. Years ago someone made a whole video about printers conspiring against us. It's a fact of 21st century life. Printers hate us.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: April 24, 2020, 12:25:36 PM »
Okay, so I and the chap with whom I do the morning shift have been bending over backwards for weeks to keep stuff ticking over at work - without us two, that place would have gone under - we went above and beyond yet again today and did a ten-hour shift, along with everything else we've been doing for the past 6 weeks, working like dogs, basically... and we've not been paid. To really add insult to injury, we found beer bottles strewn about the office. So the boss turns up during the afternoon shift and has a bash with his buds, and we hear nothing whatsoever from him for weeks; we just turn up, slog our guts out and don't get so much as a "thank you" or even our wages. Well, I'd like to see how he thinks he can get on without an engineer and a wiring technician, because if we don't get paid by the end of the month, then the pair of us are out of the door. :enraged:

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: April 24, 2020, 01:03:06 PM »
Okay, so I and the chap with whom I do the morning shift have been bending over backwards for weeks to keep stuff ticking over at work - without us two, that place would have gone under - we went above and beyond yet again today and did a ten-hour shift, along with everything else we've been doing for the past 6 weeks, working like dogs, basically... and we've not been paid. To really add insult to injury, we found beer bottles strewn about the office. So the boss turns up during the afternoon shift and has a bash with his buds, and we hear nothing whatsoever from him for weeks; we just turn up, slog our guts out and don't get so much as a "thank you" or even our wages. Well, I'd like to see how he thinks he can get on without an engineer and a wiring technician, because if we don't get paid by the end of the month, then the pair of us are out of the door. :enraged:
WOW! How irresponsible can your boss be???
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: April 25, 2020, 05:35:02 AM »
WOW! How irresponsible can your boss be???

Precisely! It's all down to his horrendous attitude; he thinks he can do whatever he wants and never has to face any consequences, whenever someone calls his actions into question, then he will just have a massive tantrum - goodness forbid that anyone threatens his precious ego! On the plus side, when I find another job, I'll be all the more appreciative of it!

As for today's complaint, rather less heated, the laptop is being awkward. I want to organise some sketches for my big art project, but it's stalling and digging its heels in.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: April 25, 2020, 08:07:41 AM »
I tripped over some stuff last weekend. It hurt at the time but I didn't think too much about it after that. Last night I discovered a big bruise in the middle of one of my toes.

Ponyfan

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: April 25, 2020, 10:40:31 AM »
Miniature Sheep, your boss is seriously taking advantage of you, I hope he pays you at the end of the month  :enraged:

My kid had a nightmare at 4am and woke me up, I went to give her a hug and she fell asleep again; I did not  >_< so, as the dawn broke, I slipped out of the house and did a 6k run. As you do... lovely and quiet though, empty streets.

I cooked an afternoon BBQ and hand-cut fries, boxed-up some food for Dad and drove them over to him as "meals on wheels", drove straight home, answered a phonecall from a friend and finally ate my (cold) meal.

I am now upstairs, resting on my bed, because I AM SOOO TIRED!!!! Ach, I shouldn't really complain as I achieved a lot today, but... tired.... so tired...

In other news, our printer is still kaput and my husband did not get round to ordering a new one *sigh*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal