collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467667 times)

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2431 on: April 10, 2020, 01:14:12 AM »
While looking for puppets for inspiration for a homemade comedy variety show I'm working on, found the most stunning horse marionette, super folky-looking, and reportedly from the 1970s, which is my favourite era for design, but now is not the time to be buying puppets. Hopefully it'll still be there when things have calmed down a bit. Kind of wondering if it would be worth contacting the seller to ask if I could pay for it, reserve it, and then they could send it out when it's safer to do so. It's just such an amazing puppet, I love it so much, but there are far more important concerns afoot right now...

I totally would, I was thinking that as I was reading your post. Or at least asking them to hold it for you? What's the worst they are going to say...no?  There is no harm in trying!  Good luck!
Seconded!!! There is a My Little Pony & Friends comic being held for me by a seller & she may fling another goodie in there wi it (or may not but still...) as she can't post anything due to having to self-isolate until this mess is over. At least this way I know I'm getting the comic EVENTUALLY. If your seller is as decent they will have no issue holding an item for you until post-trouble.

Thank you both for your input, I really appreciate it! :hug: I probably would've gotten myself tangled up thinking round in circles otherwise. And happy birthday, Ponybookworm!  :birthday:

As for today's trivial complaint, I spaced out while making breakfast and now there's porridge burnt onto the bottom of one of my pans. It's soaking in some soapy water at the minute but it's still going to be proper palaver to scrub it off later!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: April 10, 2020, 01:24:31 AM »
I fell off my bike and now my knee is all kinds of messed up. It’s scabbing over and every time I bend my knee it just feels all gross and crusty. I hate trying to heal wounds when they’re right where a limb bends, it always feels like I’m messing up their progress when I move.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: April 10, 2020, 12:40:48 PM »
I finally start embracing my baking skills and hubby says he doesn't want it laying around the house because he's going to eat it and get fat  :pout:

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: April 10, 2020, 01:49:22 PM »
While looking for puppets for inspiration for a homemade comedy variety show I'm working on, found the most stunning horse marionette, super folky-looking, and reportedly from the 1970s, which is my favourite era for design, but now is not the time to be buying puppets. Hopefully it'll still be there when things have calmed down a bit. Kind of wondering if it would be worth contacting the seller to ask if I could pay for it, reserve it, and then they could send it out when it's safer to do so. It's just such an amazing puppet, I love it so much, but there are far more important concerns afoot right now...

I totally would, I was thinking that as I was reading your post. Or at least asking them to hold it for you? What's the worst they are going to say...no?  There is no harm in trying!  Good luck!
Seconded!!! There is a My Little Pony & Friends comic being held for me by a seller & she may fling another goodie in there wi it (or may not but still...) as she can't post anything due to having to self-isolate until this mess is over. At least this way I know I'm getting the comic EVENTUALLY. If your seller is as decent they will have no issue holding an item for you until post-trouble.

Thank you both for your input, I really appreciate it! :hug: I probably would've gotten myself tangled up thinking round in circles otherwise. And happy birthday, Ponybookworm!  :birthday:

As for today's trivial complaint, I spaced out while making breakfast and now there's porridge burnt onto the bottom of one of my pans. It's soaking in some soapy water at the minute but it's still going to be proper palaver to scrub it off later!
Cheers & glad I could help!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2435 on: April 10, 2020, 02:21:56 PM »

Hey, happy birthday, Pony Bookworm! Sorry you have to spend it in lockdown :( Hope you had cake!

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: April 10, 2020, 02:50:29 PM »

Hey, happy birthday, Pony Bookworm! Sorry you have to spend it in lockdown :( Hope you had cake!
About to, re smile thread xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Miniature Sheep

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: April 11, 2020, 03:34:28 AM »
I am having no luck with dampening the noise from my typewriter today. I started at the kitchen table with a book underneath it, then folded up a rug and put that between the book and the typewriter, still too noisy. I figured the size of the living room/kitchen and the laminate floor might be contributing to the problem, so I went to the bedroom which is much smaller and has a carpeted floor, still with the book and the rug under the typewriter; that was less noisy but still very clattery. As a last resort, I ended up trying to type with the offending machine sitting inside the wardrobe, hoping that it might be less noisy in there, but nope, still ridiculously loud. Also, even with my small and slight build, there's just not enough room to sit down and type comfortably at the threshold of a wardrobe. :drunk:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: April 13, 2020, 08:35:09 AM »
I have several books at home that I haven’t read yet but one of my favorite series released the next book last week.  Due to the current situation the world is in, it will be a while before I can get the new book.  I know there’s much more important things  right now then getting a new book but I would still like to get the next book in the series.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 08:48:01 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2439 on: April 13, 2020, 02:21:48 PM »
I have a lot of things I want to do and should be doing in lockdown but I'm still not on top of all of them.

And my academic stuff has basically gone out of the window since the middle of march...because right now there are so many other things to focus on that I really don't want to reread and rewrite the same article yet again...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2440 on: April 14, 2020, 04:35:51 PM »
It's 7:30pm and it's still 93 degrees outside :drunk: It's only April!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: April 15, 2020, 04:28:39 AM »
It's 7:30pm and it's still 93 degrees outside :drunk: It's only April!

Where I live it's the opposite, it actually got much colder out of sudden recently.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: April 16, 2020, 01:27:18 PM »
I don't know if this makes laugh or cry (I'll go with both XD ), but I made a fool of myself again this morning. I had an appointment with my GP this at 08:10, and when I got there it looked like a war zone. About ten warning posters on the door, barrier tape everywhere, and no one there except two assistents, as far as I could see through the glass doors. They are automatic sliding doors, and they didn't open... I chalked it up to the war zone, and figured they'd only open the door for people with an appointment, so I rang the fricken doorbell...

...And then I realised it wasn't even 8 o' clock yet, it was only 07:45, so they were still SUPPOSED to be closed. :duh: Luckily I was just ignored, but man, I felt STUPID. :ninja:

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2443 on: April 16, 2020, 03:53:41 PM »
I had a very long depression nap and lost an entire day. What's worse is I woke up on my back and both my legs had gone numb. Now they hurt a lot.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Miniature Sheep

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: April 17, 2020, 01:50:17 PM »
Trying to install a firmware update for my drawing tablet and every time I go into the Wacom Desktop Centre, the laptop digs its heels in and stalls hard; it's not a very good laptop anyway but it really is taking the proverbial mick with all this umming and ahrring that it's doing today. Get it together, Pye! Come on!
(Grumbling at a laptop is totally normal behaviour...)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal