collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467672 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2415 on: April 04, 2020, 08:17:58 AM »
I lost my favorite lotion somewhere! I have a giant thing of body cream I'll bring in to work, the handwashing is really drying out my hands.
Also, I don't know what sort of sanitizer we have out on the sales floor now, but it's basically water? It smells bad, too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2416 on: April 04, 2020, 12:33:03 PM »
Omg! I feel for all of you! Dry itchy hands is its own level of h*ll I would say :crazy:. I have a really powerful steroid creme I can use so my hands still looks like normal hands, they just itch like crazy. Luckily I have tons of moisturising hand creme and is off for a couple of days not where I most likely will stay indoors and can keep the washing to a minimum.

Ponyfan, I'm allergic to latex and rubberglows as well. We got some latex glows to use at work because the hand sanatizers are almost up but I got red just touching those -_-.

In my case although I have eczema it's not eczema, I think it's just super dry and so raw from all the washing. But if I put hand cream on it it stings and one of them actually brought up a rash on it (would not normally) so I am actually steering clear of doing that right now. I'm using the kind of cream you'd use on a cut and it seems to be helping a bit. But I can't stop washing them for obvious reasons (especially since I'm also spending time in the garden during the lockdown) so I don't know what the solution is.

@Ponyfan, another sane person who doesn't drink milk <3 My family think I'm crazy :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2417 on: April 05, 2020, 09:38:15 AM »
Ugh, I woke up with a complaint today -_-

My pillowcase has dried blood all over it. There's a cluster of moles on the back of my neck that get very itchy occasionally and they've been bothering me the last couple days. Apparently, I scratched at them in my sleep enough to bleed. It's my childhood Popples pillowcase too, I hope I can get the stains out :(

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: April 05, 2020, 10:09:08 AM »
Omg! I feel for all of you! Dry itchy hands is its own level of h*ll I would say :crazy:. I have a really powerful steroid creme I can use so my hands still looks like normal hands, they just itch like crazy. Luckily I have tons of moisturising hand creme and is off for a couple of days not where I most likely will stay indoors and can keep the washing to a minimum.

Ponyfan, I'm allergic to latex and rubberglows as well. We got some latex glows to use at work because the hand sanatizers are almost up but I got red just touching those -_-.

In my case although I have eczema it's not eczema, I think it's just super dry and so raw from all the washing. But if I put hand cream on it it stings and one of them actually brought up a rash on it (would not normally) so I am actually steering clear of doing that right now. I'm using the kind of cream you'd use on a cut and it seems to be helping a bit. But I can't stop washing them for obvious reasons (especially since I'm also spending time in the garden during the lockdown) so I don't know what the solution is.

@Ponyfan, another sane person who doesn't drink milk <3 My family think I'm crazy :/

Could you try those cheap cotton gloves? Slather cream on your hands, pop on the cotton gloves, then wear your gardening gloves over them or washing-up gloves if you are getting your hands wet doing chores? Hopefully they will moisturise your skin for a bit longer and help it heal?

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: April 05, 2020, 01:16:23 PM »

Last year there was a water balloon fight at work and afterwards everyone was supposed to help clean up. I couldn't throw the balloons or help clean up.

My mom doesn't drink milk either but my dad loves it.

Ugh, I woke up with a complaint today -_-

My pillowcase has dried blood all over it. There's a cluster of moles on the back of my neck that get very itchy occasionally and they've been bothering me the last couple days. Apparently, I scratched at them in my sleep enough to bleed. It's my childhood Popples pillowcase too, I hope I can get the stains out :(

I have eczema and have woken up the past few nights scratching.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 03:12:07 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2420 on: April 05, 2020, 04:21:14 PM »

Could you try those cheap cotton gloves? Slather cream on your hands, pop on the cotton gloves, then wear your gardening gloves over them or washing-up gloves if you are getting your hands wet doing chores? Hopefully they will moisturise your skin for a bit longer and help it heal?

Unfortunately gloves cannot be had for love nor money :/ Though today I potted up two of my house plants and the fabric gardening gloves alone were fine. One hand is not too bad now. The other is still dry and I had to put antiseptic cream on earlier because the skin had broken, but I'm managing. The problem with the hand cream is that you aren't meant to use it on skin that's broken. Sigh.

I am not sure if this is a complaint, but my main and most significant achievements this week have been getting a supermarket delivery slot and managing to obtain dettol wipes.

If you told me 3 months ago that that would be something to be proud of, I'd have probably laughed.

Also the toy fair would have been today. But obviously, not.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: April 07, 2020, 09:39:31 AM »
I know Amazon is prioritizing orders for essential items over non essential ones and I completely understand why they are doing this  I was looking at some new books I wanted to order and shipping will take about 3 weeks since they aren't essential items.

Ponyfan 
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 09:43:23 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2422 on: April 07, 2020, 10:41:34 PM »
The internet has been wacky for two days but it's been really bad today. It keeps coming in, going out, coming in, going out. If it was just OUT then I'd be annoyed but fine. I would find something else to do. But this is making me check it too often and when it's back in I want to visit sites (like this one!) and things and it just goes out again and it's driving me crazy!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #2423 on: April 08, 2020, 12:14:52 AM »
This morning I went for my appointment with my therapist only to be told they could not find me on the list. Thinking I might have taken the wrong day I asked about it but the receptionist could only find my past appointments, nothing new booked at all. She said it was strange and told me she would have my therapist call me during the day. So I had to go home and now I have to keep my phone on me the entire day while playing the waiting game. At least I got a nice bikeride out of it.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: April 08, 2020, 02:05:14 PM »
While looking for puppets for inspiration for a homemade comedy variety show I'm working on, found the most stunning horse marionette, super folky-looking, and reportedly from the 1970s, which is my favourite era for design, but now is not the time to be buying puppets. Hopefully it'll still be there when things have calmed down a bit. Kind of wondering if it would be worth contacting the seller to ask if I could pay for it, reserve it, and then they could send it out when it's safer to do so. It's just such an amazing puppet, I love it so much, but there are far more important concerns afoot right now...

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: April 08, 2020, 02:17:33 PM »
While looking for puppets for inspiration for a homemade comedy variety show I'm working on, found the most stunning horse marionette, super folky-looking, and reportedly from the 1970s, which is my favourite era for design, but now is not the time to be buying puppets. Hopefully it'll still be there when things have calmed down a bit. Kind of wondering if it would be worth contacting the seller to ask if I could pay for it, reserve it, and then they could send it out when it's safer to do so. It's just such an amazing puppet, I love it so much, but there are far more important concerns afoot right now...

I totally would, I was thinking that as I was reading your post. Or at least asking them to hold it for you? What's the worst they are going to say...no?  There is no harm in trying!  Good luck!

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: April 08, 2020, 02:25:46 PM »

I totally would, I was thinking that as I was reading your post. Or at least asking them to hold it for you? What's the worst they are going to say...no?  There is no harm in trying!  Good luck!
Seconded!!! There is a My Little Pony & Friends comic being held for me by a seller & she may fling another goodie in there wi it (or may not but still...) as she can't post anything due to having to self-isolate until this mess is over. At least this way I know I'm getting the comic EVENTUALLY. If your seller is as decent they will have no issue holding an item for you until post-trouble.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: April 09, 2020, 11:00:41 AM »
I'm really tired today.  :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Ponyfan

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: April 09, 2020, 11:10:48 AM »
I've eaten too many Cadbury mini eggs....but just...can't...stop!  :gah: :bunny:

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2429 on: April 09, 2020, 01:22:52 PM »
Earlier my mom gave my sister money to buy everyone lunch and she brought everyone something except me :sad:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal