collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467810 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2325 on: March 04, 2020, 11:22:23 AM »
Putting up a play house for my cousin's son and touched a hot screw and it's blistering. That's what I deserve for not wearing gloves.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: March 05, 2020, 05:24:15 AM »
Working a night shift always makes me realize just how many irons I have in the fire, so to speak.

Not to mention my boss keeps trying to discuss controversial subjects (i.e., politics, religion.) :| I'm just here to calve your cows, dude.
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: March 06, 2020, 08:34:01 AM »
I have been waking up too early and can’t go back to sleep.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: March 06, 2020, 02:44:21 PM »
I got a bus to leave a friend's house this morning.  I had a £10 note to pay with, and the person in front had paid theirs with a £5 (the fare is £5) so the driver kept that money in his hand as my change however before handing it over he COUGHED INTO HIS HAND AND ON IT. I mean that's disgusting when there ISN'T a global pandemic virus in the headlines!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2329 on: March 07, 2020, 09:51:29 AM »
I got a bus to leave a friend's house this morning.  I had a £10 note to pay with, and the person in front had paid theirs with a £5 (the fare is £5) so the driver kept that money in his hand as my change however before handing it over he COUGHED INTO HIS HAND AND ON IT. I mean that's disgusting when there ISN'T a global pandemic virus in the headlines!

Germs aside, that's a ridiculous bus fare unless it was a dayrider or you were travelling something like 10 miles :P

ANd yeah, that's one of those moments you want a disinfectant spray to spray it, and him, pointedly...

My complaint...crazy people emptying shelves of soap, antibacterial hand gel , and other stuff.

My family have used the hand gel since my mother had chemo in 2012 because her immune system then was zero. She's a lot better, but she's had 2 pneumonias in 2 years and is still monitored, so we all still always carry it as a matter of course.

Now it's impossible to buy it just as a normal commodity because a bunch of overreacting people who might get a mild cold are stockpiling it (and some selling it on ebay for silly prices).

Not that I think it's bad people are taking the hygiene things seriously, but when you have someone in your family whose immune system and respiratory health is compromised and who might be badly affected, it's frustrating not being able to get something you've normally bought for 7 years.

I hope nobody else with struggling immune systems is losing out because of healthy hypochondriacs.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: March 07, 2020, 12:04:51 PM »

Germs aside, that's a ridiculous bus fare unless it was a dayrider or you were travelling something like 10 miles :P

ANd yeah, that's one of those moments you want a disinfectant spray to spray it, and him, pointedly...

My complaint...crazy people emptying shelves of soap, antibacterial hand gel , and other stuff.

My family have used the hand gel since my mother had chemo in 2012 because her immune system then was zero. She's a lot better, but she's had 2 pneumonias in 2 years and is still monitored, so we all still always carry it as a matter of course.

Now it's impossible to buy it just as a normal commodity because a bunch of overreacting people who might get a mild cold are stockpiling it (and some selling it on ebay for silly prices).

Not that I think it's bad people are taking the hygiene things seriously, but when you have someone in your family whose immune system and respiratory health is compromised and who might be badly affected, it's frustrating not being able to get something you've normally bought for 7 years.

I hope nobody else with struggling immune systems is losing out because of healthy hypochondriacs.

I was travelling 20 miles actually but bus fares are silly in Cambridge especially for shorter journeys- and it's a rubbish service. A whole new trivial complaint in itself

I agree with the rest of your post too, I mean, did people not wash their hands before all this or something?

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: March 07, 2020, 03:10:17 PM »

I was travelling 20 miles actually but bus fares are silly in Cambridge especially for shorter journeys- and it's a rubbish service. A whole new trivial complaint in itself

I agree with the rest of your post too, I mean, did people not wash their hands before all this or something?

Apparently not. Kinda gross when you think about it :/

And I guess for 20 miles it's maybe not so bad. In London it's a flat fare of 1.50 within an hour on TFL buses, but where my parents live, it's £2.10 for 1 mile and about the same to the local hospital which is even closer. (And there are many fewer buses to many fewer locations, but it all costs more. Bah).

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: March 08, 2020, 05:17:21 AM »
When your last name is the worst but you have to reveal it to anybody you're buying from :yikes:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: March 08, 2020, 02:33:07 PM »
This is extremely trivial and I feel awfully greedy for it, especially now during Lent... But hey, it's "complaints" like these that make me realise that we have a good life, which something I should and will never take for granted, so. :P

My backpack is too small for all the awesome patches I want. :cry: I have a large-ish backpack with a lot of patches on it (music, statements, pretty things, etc.), but now I discovered sooo many awesome ones on Etsy... I want them all, but I have next to no space left. :wail: It's always Etsy that ruins me. XD

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2334 on: March 09, 2020, 07:37:50 AM »
The implant in my head hurts a lot today. I must have slept on it funny.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2335 on: March 10, 2020, 12:15:57 PM »
^ My implant is still bothering me and today I'm battling dizziness.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: March 10, 2020, 01:15:27 PM »
Corona virus panic. People are mass-buying toilet paper for some UNHOLY reason.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: March 10, 2020, 03:51:31 PM »
Corona virus panic. People are mass-buying toilet paper for some UNHOLY reason.

The toilet paper thing is totally bizarre. There was some film of people fighting over it in an Aussie store a few days ago. But our local supermarket had a lot yesterday. I guess advantage of being in a place nobody in their right mind visits...

But you know, you can't eat toilet paper...and toilet paper doesn't kill viruses.

*shakes head*.

Media here asked a guy why he was buying so much and he said, well, because everyone else was. Total FOMO in a warped and weird sense. Though I also feel like if the media wasn't making SUCH A HUGE DEAL of this with stats and updates and such, most people would just be getting on with things. I mean, yeah, keep people informed, but do we need itemised breakdowns hour by hour of how many people are infected in every single region of this country and every single other one they can find on a map?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 03:53:23 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: March 10, 2020, 04:36:30 PM »
My ceiling fan is acting up and not wanting to work most of the time. This is really not a good time of the year for this to happen, as the weather has gotten a lot warmer and the days are becoming a lot more sunny. It is really warm in my room today. =/ And of course we can't turn the AC on yet. God, I hate Spring so much.

Also, a work one: I work in retail and in the aisles we have an extra shelf on top where extra stuff gets put. Oftentimes it is tasked on me to bring that stuff down. If I'm in a light aisle it is a breeze and is actually the easiest on me of any task there. But today I was tasked in a heavy aisle where very heavy cases were up top. Not only are they really not supposed to put entire cases up there, but how in the world do they get them up there to begin with? It's just very inconsiderate.

|My Collection|

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: March 11, 2020, 12:55:59 AM »
I keep falling asleep on my arms or elbows and waking up with dead arms/pins and needles so bad it wakes me up  :mad:

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal