collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467842 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2175 on: December 23, 2019, 05:58:37 AM »
I didn’t have to get up early today yet I was wide awake for several hours during the night.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: December 23, 2019, 11:46:48 AM »
Dear mom,
If it seems like everyone in your life is being a huge jerk for no reason, consider for a moment if they're simply reacting to your jerkishness.
Sincerely, everyone if your life

If only she knew the solidarity she's helped create between me and my siblings. That every time she opens her mouth, we exchange glances and shrug like "it's ok, I don't believe the things she says about you either" :rolleyes:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2177 on: December 23, 2019, 03:52:22 PM »
Dear mom,
If it seems like everyone in your life is being a huge jerk for no reason, consider for a moment if they're simply reacting to your jerkishness.
Sincerely, everyone if your life

If only she knew the solidarity she's helped create between me and my siblings. That every time she opens her mouth, we exchange glances and shrug like "it's ok, I don't believe the things she says about you either" :rolleyes:

Sounds like my mom! Sorry.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: December 24, 2019, 11:09:43 AM »
I hate how my tolerance to alcohol is so low that even the obligatory glass of wine with christmas dinner is enough to make me feel like I had an inflated balloon inside my head :drunk: (on the plus side, mom really liked her present)
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: December 24, 2019, 11:19:11 AM »
I really don't get why people feel a need to hurl abuse in the street. I went for a walk, just minding my own business, did nothing to naff off anybody, did nothing to warrant any kind of flack and still ended up being yelled at by total strangers for absolutely no reason. I just don't understand it and I really don't need it, either. -_-

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2180 on: December 24, 2019, 11:33:00 AM »
This will probably be long and rambling, but anyway...

Our mom likes to shop online. She grocery shops and we go pick up the order. Usually she gets practical things but sometimes she goes overboard or forgets we already have x-amount of something. She had stroke last year and mentally she has a few issues. Shopping online makes her happy so we don't interfere too much.

Well. She wanted to be in charge of the holiday food shopping. Instead of cooking a big meal we were going to order some things ready made from Publix and just make smaller things like the deviled eggs and dips. She was supposed to order a big party sub. Nope, she got a regular foot long sandwich.  For xmas day, we were going to have farmer's potatoes with all the fixings (something we normally do for New Year's too) but mom ordered them to early and/or the person who did the shopping picked the worst ones because they're all moldy.

So now mom is mad because she messed up both days plans but she's the only one making a big deal about it. My sister and I threw some stuff in the oven and we have plenty of snacky things. I mean, it's not like we don't have food. We aren't entertaining anyone, it's just the four of us (plus two cats).

There's weird tension now because mom is easily explosive and she's being so dramatic. But then that isn't unusual for a holiday.

Anyway, my sister and I are talking about how we can oversee her shopping without making her mad since she obviously needs some help. Ugh.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: December 24, 2019, 12:43:32 PM »
I hate how my tolerance to alcohol is so low that even the obligatory glass of wine with christmas dinner is enough to make me feel like I had an inflated balloon inside my head :drunk: (on the plus side, mom really liked her present)

I have the opposite problem due to struggling with drinking problems for a while. I've built up so much tolerance that it's so expensive to get drunk

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: December 24, 2019, 09:11:53 PM »
I really don't get why people feel a need to hurl abuse in the street. I went for a walk, just minding my own business, did nothing to naff off anybody, did nothing to warrant any kind of flack and still ended up being yelled at by total strangers for absolutely no reason. I just don't understand it and I really don't need it, either. -_-
I'm sorry this happened to you, and I agree with you whole heartedly.  I once was minding my own business waiting for the bus and as a car full of teenage boys drove past one of them jumped up through the sunroof and yelled (while pointing at me) "There be the white whale!!" and they drove off laughing.
Like thanks, you jerks  :mad:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 09:15:48 PM by slyons »

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: December 25, 2019, 04:12:28 AM »
I bought a Top 2000 block-calendar with facts and stuff on every page (the Top 2000 is a big happening here each year that takes place between Christmas and New Year), but it's not very cheerful. About 80% of the "facts" is about what artist died that day (including how). I mean sure, these things can be interesting to know, but I don't need to read about death on every day of the year. :pout:

Bonus irritation: Dolores isn't mentioned anywhere (and there are three of her songs in the Top 2000). Not on January 15th, not on January 23rd, not on September 6th... They seem to prefer dead artists for their calendar, so where is she? Now, where's my pitchfork? I have a company to visit...

Wow, that is really messed up. I'm sorry you had to go through that! :(
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 04:17:18 AM by Broken Irishwoman »

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2184 on: December 26, 2019, 02:04:30 PM »
Who takes the garbage down to the street at 3PM? My dad, that's who. He also didn't check if everyone had gotten their garbage and recycling out. Why?

I have two bags but it's raining now and I really don't want to walk to the road with them. :mad:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2185 on: December 26, 2019, 03:11:49 PM »

Welcome to modern Britain >< I'm sorry that you had to deal with that :(
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pawpatrolbab

• Power Puff Pony
  • Never be afraid to be yourself
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2186 on: December 26, 2019, 07:33:57 PM »
I've been coloring nonstop and now my hand and wrist hurts :(
🌈Wordpress Blog: https://natescoloringbook.wordpress.com/
✨Tumblr Blog: https://crayoncritter.tumblr.com/
I don't have much of a collection anymore due to immigrating but I hope to bring my trade score up so I can participate in the future! Always open and looking to make friends with fellow adults 💙 Please don't hesitate to shoot me a message!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #2187 on: December 26, 2019, 10:35:24 PM »
My new medicine is making me sweat like crazy as soon as I do anything that demands a little effort in bodymovement. Just biking to work makes me sweat like I've run a marathon in highsummer.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2188 on: December 29, 2019, 12:26:54 PM »
Man what a day :(

I woke up with my face completely broke out. I'm 37, aren't I too old for that? Stupid skin. My shower curtain breaks at the top. After the shower I went to spray on some cologne and somehow managed to get it in my mouth and eyes (I swear I didn't spray my face, I don't know how it happened). I go to make a wrap for lunch and find someone has eaten all my spicy mustard. I forgot I had a cut on my finger but am reminded very painfully while eating salt and vinegar potato chips. Just now I snapped one of the feet off the back of my keyboard! How?! I dunno.

It's only 3:30. I wonder what other stupid little things are going to happen. Maybe I should take a nap for the rest of the day... 

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: December 29, 2019, 04:22:37 PM »
Last night I actually woke up from a bad dream a few hours too early, which hadn't happened to me since forever :brow: On the plus side, I went right back to sleep and the next dream was much more tolerable :P
Inka Dinka Doo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal