collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467646 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2115 on: November 25, 2019, 07:37:13 AM »
It snowed again.  Again people here can't drive in it.  There were six slide-offs that I saw on my way in, one of which was stopping traffic going the opposite direction from me.  Guess where the snow plows were?  Yup...in the line of cars trying to get past the slide-off so neither side of the road was getting plowed. 

SLOW DOWN PEOPLE! 

I went 25 MPH the entire way to work.  I left 15 minutes earlier than usual and was 10 minutes late.  Do I care?  Nope.  My boss is just happy that I made it in because people who live closer were calling in because "the roads were too scary" (even though they live IN town and the roads there are plowed!). 

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: November 26, 2019, 11:57:22 AM »
It snowed again.  Again people here can't drive in it.  There were six slide-offs that I saw on my way in, one of which was stopping traffic going the opposite direction from me.  Guess where the snow plows were?  Yup...in the line of cars trying to get past the slide-off so neither side of the road was getting plowed. 

SLOW DOWN PEOPLE! 

I went 25 MPH the entire way to work.  I left 15 minutes earlier than usual and was 10 minutes late.  Do I care?  Nope.  My boss is just happy that I made it in because people who live closer were calling in because "the roads were too scary" (even though they live IN town and the roads there are plowed!).

I can empathize, as when the first snowfall hits here people all of a sudden forget how to drive and its chaos.  It happens every year, like how can you forget?!
And good on you for making it in!  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: November 26, 2019, 12:17:24 PM »
I was outside and a wasp landed on me. A wasp. December is less than a week away! Bugs are supposed to have gone dormant a month ago!

Screw this mild weather. Bring on the snow so these harmful pests go away once and for all!

|My Collection|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2118 on: November 26, 2019, 12:24:05 PM »
Yes, why don't people slow down when it is snowing and icy! I actually slid last year on ice (didn't hit anything, was driving in a fairly empty road) because someone behind me was getting too close to me and I tried to brake on the ice to not hit the person in front. Everyone is always in a rush, just slow down and don't hurt anyone.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: November 26, 2019, 04:05:18 PM »
I want to continue this cross-stitch, but it's black thread on black aida and I can't see crap in this light  :silly:

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: November 26, 2019, 04:21:46 PM »

SLOW DOWN PEOPLE! 

I can empathize, as when the first snowfall hits here people all of a sudden forget how to drive and its chaos.  It happens every year, like how can you forget?!
And good on you for making it in!  :)

Yeah, apparently the highway patrol yesterday had to deal with almost 300 accidents because of the weather.  And we're supposed to get another storm tonight that is even WORSE!  I may call in tomorrow because I just can't handle it.

Also, the Nanowrimo group was scheduled in one room of the library and the library director changed it because of a last minute story time they decided to do and instead of saying we could have the room after the story time, she just said nobody was going to be allowed to use the room.  So there's another group in there now and we're in a smaller room because apparently "nobody" is allowed to use the room that we had SCHEDULED.

The problem is that I work at the library so I'm going to have to come up with a good reason why WE can't use the room but people who weren't scheduled to use the room (there are about 4 of them so it isn't like they needed the biggest room in the building) are allowed to use the room.

Offline slyons

• G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: November 26, 2019, 05:47:14 PM »
The problem is that I work at the library so I'm going to have to come up with a good reason why WE can't use the room but people who weren't scheduled to use the room (there are about 4 of them so it isn't like they needed the biggest room in the building) are allowed to use the room.
Blame a scheduling error...or administration error!  People don't know what it means but it always sounds super official and final.  Bites you didn't get to use the room though

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #2122 on: November 27, 2019, 08:32:30 PM »
I've been waking up in the early ams for the past three weeks. Sometimes I manage to go back to sleep, sometimes I end up going up. My husband gave me a weighted blanket as an early christmas present which has helped tremendously, but still I have mornings like this one when it's just about after 5 am and I can't go back to sleep.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2123 on: November 28, 2019, 06:26:43 AM »
I hate Thanksgiving -_-

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: November 28, 2019, 07:54:38 PM »
We have an uncooked turkey and we're all hungry. Mom's given up and gone back to bed.
Maybe tomorrow...

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2125 on: November 29, 2019, 10:15:48 AM »
Preface this by saying I don't drive and never have.

It's amazing how my sister can get up and go to the gas station for cigarettes and to her friend's house for pot (which is still illegal in the state of FL) but she can't go get water and ice because "it's Black Friday" and "I'm too tired".

We have no water left and only a small amount of ice. I put a bunch of sodas in the fridge so I'll have something to drink but really it isn't ideal. I want water. My dad went out today too. He goes to McDonald's for coffee every day. Could he have gone to Publix which is NEXT DOOR and gotten a couple of gallons? Noooooo.

:argh:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2126 on: November 29, 2019, 11:33:31 AM »
In the UK full time students don't pay council tax.

All last year my proof of studentship sat on my desk but the council never asked for it once.

Today they decided I owe them council tax because their records are incomplete.

I have moved from the property since and had to have a mad search through my boxes to find the proof.

They also sent the email last thing on a Friday so obviously it can't be settled till Monday at the earliest.

Suffice it to say I am not amused.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: November 30, 2019, 11:15:04 AM »
One of my favorite stores to buy anime that always had the new releases recently remolded. Now the anime section is much smaller and the selection of titles is more limited. It makes me a little sad that I can no longer count on this store to have the latest anime release.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: December 01, 2019, 12:13:12 PM »
That I haven't been online here in ages! :throw:

(Hi! :wave: )

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline slyons

• G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: December 01, 2019, 12:32:15 PM »
Why is it that just as I buy 2 separate purchases for ponies I want and pay separate shipping charges that all of a sudden a couple weeks later there's BIN with not only the 2 I just bought but also another one I want and I could have gotten all 3 at once with one shipping charge?! :argh:
First World Problems

Post Merge: December 01, 2019, 12:32:50 PM

That I haven't been online here in ages! :throw:

(Hi! :wave: )
Hi! Good to see you!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal