collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467654 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2055 on: October 30, 2019, 01:52:25 PM »
Walking over Westminster Bridge in London today and being held up due to crowds dawdling around those cup-and-ball scammers.
I lost count how many groups of scammers there were along the bridge.

Do folks actually fall for this old trick? Some must do...  :shrug:
Looked it up...my Dad taught me this trick when I was 5 for fun. They're still doing this? It sounds like something from the early 1900s.
My complaint of the day: I'm still sick! I'm congested and fatigued but had a math test and couldn't miss it today.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2056 on: October 30, 2019, 04:10:42 PM »
My sister is sick but she's being so dramatic about it, it's hard to feel sorry for her.

Quoting myself for an update... She's been in the hospital for three days. I guess she was as bad off as she said. She had a large kidney stone that got infected and the infection ran through her whole body. Had to have emergency surgery and a ton of meds.

So I kinda feel like a huge jerk.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2057 on: October 31, 2019, 04:00:20 PM »
My sister is sick but she's being so dramatic about it, it's hard to feel sorry for her.

Quoting myself for an update... She's been in the hospital for three days. I guess she was as bad off as she said. She had a large kidney stone that got infected and the infection ran through her whole body. Had to have emergency surgery and a ton of meds.

So I kinda feel like a huge jerk.

I hope she feels better soon ><

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: October 31, 2019, 07:47:37 PM »
Why are Blu-Ray cases so flimsy? I have one that has a hole in the bottom (came that way from the website I ordered from) and just tonight I was opening another case that had only been opened once before to make sure the right discs were included and the top is trying to separate from the bottom.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 08:40:21 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: November 01, 2019, 03:46:17 AM »
Friends I am going to be death as I'm rushing a not even half complete assignment to get it submitted tonight by 11:59pm. Rip me.
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2060 on: November 01, 2019, 06:25:33 AM »
I'm just going to skip class today which in itself isn't a huge deal but I'm frustrated that colleges rarely consider commuters. We had a horrible bout of wind last night that uprooted a tree in the backyard and toppled the top few branches of a much larger tree, and my mom damaged the car on the way to work because of a limb she didn't see. It took my dad 40 minutes to get to work that takes 10 mins usually.
The campus close to me that I take a shuttle from to main campus itself is closed, there's a power outage. The bus is still running but I'd be scared to rely on it considering just how much damage there is.
I can understand that main wouldn't have a ton of issues, it's in the city, but there's quite a few people who commute on the shuttle with me, I'd imagine there'd be quite a few more considering how many people drive in and take the subway. I wish they'd just have no class today.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2061 on: November 02, 2019, 05:16:42 AM »
I slept like garbage :mad: I haven't been feeling very well the past few days but my sister is still in the hospital so I've had to pick up the slack around the house (our parents both had strokes and have difficulty doing things) and it's just ugggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh. I just want some decent rest and sleep :(

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: November 02, 2019, 06:43:07 PM »
Big Easy Con in New Orleans has one day left and nobody's bought any of my stuff.  It's a smaller con, I think it's the first year, but they have the craft tables far away from where everything is happening so it seems like nobody's making it over there.  Even the stars at the autograph tables nearest to our booth seem bored.  I wasn't counting on selling everything but I thought I'd at least sell something.  My friend is selling her stuff (she makes crochet things, I have painted things) so I'm glad for her but everyone just says my stuff is "really cute!" but doesn't buy it.  I don't think it's over priced (I have stuff as cheap as $5) so I'm going to chalk it up to bad con attendance.  It's just a little disheartening to think that you created something adorable (everyone at work wants to buy what I've made) but nobody actually buys any of it.  Oh well.  One more day to try...

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #2063 on: November 03, 2019, 01:07:34 AM »
Seriously, Halloween is not a National Holliday here, it's a curiosity that has trickled over through movies and other medias over the years and has as a concept grown bigger and bigger and is now considered one of the huge marketweeks in the retail industri. Before it was only nightclubs and school discos and the odd home party that took notice. Now it is full blown with Trick and Treaters, pumpkins and the lot (heck, when I was a teen, getting a pumpkin was hard, we got creative with oranges etc instead).

Over the past three or four years kids doing trick or treat has become a very annoying thing and parents have decided the overall concensus is that if you decorate the house for Halloween, you must accept these trick or treaters. Some parents claim that if your porch light is on, that means you also accept trick or treaters. So now, people who don't celebrate this thing have to black out their yards so the kids wont come there. I live in an apartment complex. Up here it's dark already at five pm. But I can't put my balcony lights on this week.. not that it stops the kids though. This shouldn't be a huge problem, but as earlier stated, 31st octobre is not a public Holliday here, it's a normal weekday so the kids don't stick to just that day, I've had trick or treaters behind the door the entire week! :mad: I usually like Halloween, my favorite nightclub has had a party since the 90's and I've been going there since I was 19. It used to be fun, but now I can't decorate, can't even light my balcony in the evening and I DON'T WANT TO SHARE MY CANDY! :pout:

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: November 03, 2019, 01:48:07 PM »
and I DON'T WANT TO SHARE MY CANDY! :pout:

:haha:

I’m always a bit sad that I live too far out in the country to get trick-or-treaters... But I guess that means more candy for me, lol? XD
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: November 03, 2019, 02:01:34 PM »
My mobile (cellphone) for some reason won't read my micro-SD card  :cry: It reads on desktop, but not in the phone, so I'm doing a backup and gonna wipe it

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: November 03, 2019, 02:29:05 PM »
As for the shipping thing, it's like reality broke somewhere in their heads or something. It's one thing to ship any story character with any other story character (they're made up, so probably they don't mind all that much, even if some of the ships are a bit far fetched) but you can't just apply those same rules to real people. "You said good morning to him once so now I'm going to impose my ideas on you of how you should live together".

I think some people are saying it for fun (like I sometimes say to my friends "I ship you" when they stand next to eachother) but when it's said about someone who has a crush on you IRL it gets creepy real fast. Like people should be supporting the one who says "no", not the one who pines for someone unavailable.
Does anyone honestly want to know with whom your random aquaintance ships you with? Because I feel this stuff is always unappreciated. Nobody wants to be told what is essentially: "I don't support your relationship, be with somebody else" :lookround:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: November 03, 2019, 02:40:18 PM »
I had to sit in my house with all of the lights off on Halloween night so I wouldn't have trick or treaters. I don't mind handing out candy but I didn't have enough candy to give out to more than 5-10 people. One year after the front door was closed  and the porch light was off but the lights inside the house were on there were still people ringing the doorbell.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: November 03, 2019, 07:25:02 PM »
I had to sit in my house with all of the lights off on Halloween night so I wouldn't have trick or treaters. I don't mind handing out candy but I didn't have enough candy to give out to more than 5-10 people. One year after the front door was closed  and the porch light was off but the lights inside the house were on there were still people ringing the doorbell.

Ponyfan

At that point you hand out cans of spinach and Lima beans.  Those kids will NEVER come back.   :devious:

The hotel room I'm in doesn't have a phone.  I thought it was because everyone has cell phones but I mentioned it to the front desk staff last night (because the neighbors were being loud and I had to go down to tell the staff) and the lady was like "You should have a phone in your room" so she came in and looked and our phone is indeed gone.  Who steals a phone from a hotel room?

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2069 on: November 03, 2019, 08:01:16 PM »
Why do my nails keep getting so dirty? :crazy: I wash my hands all the time and haven't been doing anything anyway? They look like I've been gardening or something. Maybe it's brown fuzz from my blanket? It's weirding me out.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal