collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467612 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2025 on: October 21, 2019, 07:17:59 AM »
I get respiratory illnesses a lot and I'm sick again. :sad: 

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: October 21, 2019, 07:55:28 AM »
I finnished a great book yesterday and I miss it. The weather today is perfect for reading that story. I'm not sure what I want to read now,

I recommend "Stalking Jack the Ripper."  It's good and great for Halloween time!

My trivial complaint is that I'd rather stay home and paint some more.  If I get time later I'll post pics of what I've been working on.  :)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: October 21, 2019, 08:50:54 AM »
My trivial complaint of the day is people coughing or sneezing into their hands. It's like they want to spread it.

Attn, gross...
Spoiler
And men spitting on the ground. Swallow! SWALLOW! Use that primal mechanism, please. Why are they doing this? And 'best' is when they do it right in front of you like some animal marking its territory. Even 'better' when they snort and really collect that snot before they spit...

Offline AvianWing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: October 21, 2019, 09:53:05 AM »
Attn, gross...
Spoiler
And men spitting on the ground. Swallow! SWALLOW! Use that primal mechanism, please. Why are they doing this? And 'best' is when they do it right in front of you like some animal marking its territory. Even 'better' when they snort and really collect that snot before they spit...

The only thing I can think is that they want to appear more "alpha" as in, trying to assert their dominance or something. I dunno, as a dude and I absolutely do not condone nor fully understand this behavior.

My trivial complaint is that my university decided to roll out this "two-factor authentication", which means any time you want to login to one of their websites you have to tap a notification on your phone or w/e. I get it, it's much more secure but gosh it's inconvenient!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: October 21, 2019, 01:24:03 PM »
My insurance is refusing to pay for my medicine because they say I already reached the maximum amount they will pay for. I wouldn’t need a prescription if I wasn’t sick.

Ponyfan

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: October 21, 2019, 03:14:07 PM »
My insurance is refusing to pay for my medicine because they say I already reached the maximum amount they will pay for. I wouldn’t need a prescription if I wasn’t sick.

Ponyfan

Ugh...I hate dealing with insurance.  They said I didn't need a brace for my knee because the surgery was successful but my doctor said that a brace was necessary for the first year after to keep it safe.  But the insurance rep who might not have graduated high school definitely knows more than the surgeon who's been practicing for 20+ years.  And I only need 20 sessions of physical therapy (that I still have to pay for) each year.  Yeah...if I could have walked on my own I wouldn't have needed surgery or physical therapy in the first place.

Still want to paint...have an hour of work left.   :drunk:

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: October 21, 2019, 04:51:25 PM »
Bruised my right wedding finger yesterday putting down a folding bunker lid that slammed on my hand. I honestly feared my fingernail was going to drop off in the night, but I think it's just bruised on the nailbed. VERY damn tender, I can't put much pressure on it  :cry:

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #2032 on: October 22, 2019, 12:49:00 AM »
Without dragging this thread into the controversial mire of politics, I'll leave it up to your varied imaginations.

Someone posted this on their fb wall as a perfect example of what's going on. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlVu7Y5m5JQ  :P

I finnished a great book yesterday and I miss it. The weather today is perfect for reading that story. I'm not sure what I want to read now,

I recommend "Stalking Jack the Ripper."  It's good and great for Halloween time!

My trivial complaint is that I'd rather stay home and paint some more.  If I get time later I'll post pics of what I've been working on.  :)

Thanks for the tip  ^.^. I can't find the book or the author on the library webpage unfortunaly, I only found it in online bookstores but I'm not in a position to buy any books now. But I put it down on my list of tips, so hopefully I'll get the chance to read t it later :). I ended up beginning to read Two Sisters by Åsne Seierstad. It's written like a novel but is in fact the true story of a SomaliNorwegian family whos two teenage daughters got radicalised and went to Syria to join the Islamic State and their dad who went after them to take them home. It is really interesting and heartwrenching.

Complaint of the day: My regular headache got a friend on the opposite side. My sinuses are stuffed as well. Lovley day today.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2033 on: October 22, 2019, 01:11:44 AM »
My trivial complaint of the day is people coughing or sneezing into their hands. It's like they want to spread it.

Absolutely no kidding on this. My mother has a compromised immune system and a lot of respiratory issues and she's just come down with another cold because people cannot cough behind their hands, I guess...

Last one of those she had she ended up in hospital for a week with pneumonia. I really hope it isn't one of those colds.

@Beldarna, no kidding. Although there would need to be far more mudslinging and backbiting to make that clip really reflective.

@Ponyfan - the insurance system sounds horrible. With all that's going on here, politically, and who is making the decisions, or trying to, I really worry we might end up with that kind of system in the future.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: October 22, 2019, 05:28:10 AM »
@Ponyfan - the insurance system sounds horrible. With all that's going on here, politically, and who is making the decisions, or trying to, I really worry we might end up with that kind of system in the future.

I would sooner die than have an American-style health care system. I will take to the streets and riot if they get rid of the NHS. I am absolutely not joking.

Complaint: Poor birb has a bad tummy and needs to go to the vet :c I hate stressing her, but last time she had a bad tummy, she needed medication, so she needs to go this time as well. Old girl won't be happy with me tomorrow

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: October 22, 2019, 07:41:07 AM »
And the insurance saga continues... My dr's office said they won't do anything without a paper fax and when I called the pharmacy (4th time I've called them now) they said they don't send paper faxes only electronic ones. I just want to get my medicine so I can get better  :enraged:

Ponyfan

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: October 22, 2019, 10:20:43 AM »
Attn, gross...
Spoiler

The only thing I can think is that they want to appear more "alpha" as in, trying to assert their dominance or something. I dunno, as a dude and I absolutely do not condone nor fully understand this behavior.

If that truly is connected to showing dominance I have to laugh because no man I know finds that threatening. Disrespectful, maybe.
It always strikes me as a childish way to show how rebellious you are. Like "I drink, spit n smoke and you can't stop me, mum!!!" or yanno, they are just trying to gross people out like 5 year olds :lol: Certainly works on me. Next time I'll spit back and watch the reaction XD

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2037 on: October 22, 2019, 04:02:01 PM »
My birthday hasn't gone well :cloud:

It's a lot better than last year, I didn't have to put a pet to sleep, but overall it still turned out to be a bad day. At least I have some yummy sushi.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: October 24, 2019, 01:53:17 PM »
Finally got my prescription but had to use Good Rx since my health insurance  wouldn’t pay for it. It ended up costing double than when the insurance pays part of the price but far less than it would have without Good Rx.

Ponyfan

Offline Thimble

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: October 24, 2019, 09:40:31 PM »
It's raining. No wait, let me rephrase that....it's RAINING ELEPHANTS!  There's already a foot of water in the parking lot and it's not gonna slow down for at least 3 hours. If I'd known, I'd have brought my waders!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal