collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467671 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1875 on: August 14, 2019, 08:05:52 AM »
When my computer updates and when I reopen the browser it's conveniently lost all my tabs, although it says it remembers them it won't load them. I hate when it does that, as I had a lot of important stuff open that now I have to find all over again.

Yes!  And I wish it would wait until I tell it to update instead of deciding that since I've put it to sleep for the night (so I can get up and work on things in the morning) that it means it can close everything and do stupid updates that don't actually change anything.   :mad:  And then, when it reboots, it doesn't go back to sleep.  It just stays on ALL night because I didn't wake up just to sign in so it would go to sleep.

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: August 14, 2019, 08:58:56 AM »
When my computer updates and when I reopen the browser it's conveniently lost all my tabs, although it says it remembers them it won't load them. I hate when it does that, as I had a lot of important stuff open that now I have to find all over again.

Yes!  And I wish it would wait until I tell it to update instead of deciding that since I've put it to sleep for the night (so I can get up and work on things in the morning) that it means it can close everything and do stupid updates that don't actually change anything.   :mad:  And then, when it reboots, it doesn't go back to sleep.  It just stays on ALL night because I didn't wake up just to sign in so it would go to sleep.
That's just Windows for you.
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: August 14, 2019, 11:24:05 AM »
Just got to work and because the part timers who whine about wanting more money won't take the extra shifts, the full timers now have to rotate through them for the next 4 months.  Seriously, my constantly changing schedule when I worked at Disney World or McDonald's wasn't this confusing!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: August 15, 2019, 08:32:30 AM »
 I bumped into a metal trashcan today.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1879 on: August 15, 2019, 08:35:37 AM »
I got new parts for my chair but the old cylinder is stuck in the wheel base. I've been whacking it with a mallet for an hour :mad:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1880 on: August 15, 2019, 01:59:17 PM »

Ponyfan
Did it apologise? Did you?

(Seriously, are you ok?)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: August 15, 2019, 02:33:00 PM »

Ponyfan
Did it apologise? Did you?

(Seriously, are you ok?)

The trashcan didn't apologize. I have started to apologize to inanimate objects before when I bumped in to them and thought it was person only to realize when I turned around that it wasn't. :lol: 

I'm going have a couple of bruises but I'm ok.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: August 16, 2019, 08:46:49 AM »
Can I just say how much I HATE search engines these days?  :mad:

No Amazon, "Rainbow Dora the Explorer backpack with free stickers" is NOT the same as "The Lion King". Neither is "1,000 different phone cases with random animals on them", eBay.

Oh and Google, stop twisting my words. It's hard to find something specific if you're going to keep using synonyms everywhere. Do I really have to use "" everywhere? I mean at least that's one search engine that acknowledges these things, I guess. Lookin' at you again eBay, where '-phone -case' means 'must include phone case'.

I miss the days when searching actually led you to items you wanted to find.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: August 16, 2019, 09:16:09 AM »
Seriously sick of being left on read for important questions. Like when I am planning something and people take days and weeks to confirm or decline. I want to scream! Then when people don't stick to the deadline and confirm too late I am the bad guy for leaving them out. NO!

This is why I hate being in charge of events.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1884 on: August 16, 2019, 10:05:09 AM »

No Amazon, "Rainbow Dora the Explorer backpack with free stickers" is NOT the same as "The Lion King". Neither is "1,000 different phone cases with random animals on them", eBay.

Oh and Google, stop twisting my words. It's hard to find something specific if you're going to keep using synonyms everywhere. Do I really have to use "" everywhere? I mean at least that's one search engine that acknowledges these things, I guess. Lookin' at you again eBay, where '-phone -case' means 'must include phone case'.

I miss the days when searching actually led you to items you wanted to find.

Google thinks my name is a spelling mistake.

One time my uni search was down and I was trying to find my academic page. It's not what I got.

Like I said in another thread recently, ebay thinks cars toys are the same as mlp. I miss the old categories.

Oh but my favourite idiot of the day was this guy posting that he was fed up of Japanese culture in anime...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: August 16, 2019, 10:37:59 AM »

Oh but my favourite idiot of the day was this guy posting that he was fed up of Japanese culture in anime...

Uh... :blink:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: August 16, 2019, 12:49:20 PM »

L M A O
I need more details. Like, was he annoyed there wasn't enough anime taking place in the UK or Europe? Because there are quite a bunch to my knowledge.

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: August 16, 2019, 03:11:43 PM »

I can’t decide if this is more hilarious or tragic. Both, I guess.

If anyone needs me, I’ll be laughing hysterically for several consecutive days. :haha:
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1888 on: August 16, 2019, 10:26:43 PM »

At my work, we use our own webpage to find things customers are searching for (we have well over 5000 articles raining from slime, to rcs, to adult toys, to gaming equipment to music instruments etc so we're using it for almost everything, everyday), the difference for us is that if we log in, we can see if the items are in stock in our store. The search engine is designed for us to show the items we earn most on first. This has given me a lot of trouble. If a customer want a ps4 handcontrol and I type in playstation 4 handcontrol in the searchbar, I get anything but the control as we earn almost nothing on them. But I can get cables, rcs, anything with a 4 or a handcontrol. BUT! if i open a new tab and search for playstation 4 handcontrol and add our store in Google I get a link direct to what I want. This idiocy gives me grey hairs.

:blink: :shocked: Wut?

My complaints is that I found out my awesome coworker was at an interview for another job tuesday. She hadn't said anything to me about it. I didn't even know she was searching for something else. I am devastated. She's so good at what she does and I know I can trust her to get things done. I don't want her to leave :cry:.

Offline OleGrayMane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • A Third Act Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: August 17, 2019, 06:07:10 AM »
After giving a demonstration of my rather technical work of the last two weeks, the project manager asked “what is the business case for this?” Oh, just the foundation of the project, that’s all.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal