collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467699 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1860 on: August 11, 2019, 11:07:57 AM »
That's why I stay as far away as I can from politics of any kind.

Unfortunately staying away from it doesn't fix it. Most of the problems in this country right now are caused by rampant ignorance :/

But you're right, we should shift away from the topic towards something else...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: August 11, 2019, 11:22:57 AM »
My biggest issue is that my extended family are divided on various issues. As a result, I’ve witnessed family members saying truly horrendous things, mocking each other behind one another’s backs... It’s ugly. No political disagreement is worth tearing a family apart!

Thus, when I see comments online mocking one side or the other in a mean-spirited, bullying way... It makes me very sad. Even if I agree with what the commenter is supporting (though definitely not their incivility about it), I feel hurt because they’re mocking people I know and love, despite our political differences.

Human beings are still human beings deserving of kindness and civility, no matter what side of the aisle they’re on. Also, blanket stereotypes don’t help anyone. You don’t suddenly know everything there is to know about a complex human being because you know who they voted for. I’ve had to learn that due to the aforementioned divisions amongst my family and friends. It is possible to disagree about politics, and still love and value one another.

But you're right, we should shift away from the topic towards something else...

Yes, I suppose you’re right... Sorry, I just needed to get that out of my system. I avoided mentioning any specific issues or whatnot, so as not to spark any controversy or hurt feelings.

My grievance isn’t so much any actual political issue right now, but just the hate and division that seems to burn hotter every day. :shrug: It’s been affecting my extended family, and I’m very sad to see it happening... Politics can be debated civilly and respectfully, but that doesn’t seem to happen much anymore. :(
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: August 11, 2019, 11:41:11 AM »
I'm fortunate my family are all on the same side, that must suck :( :hug:

Much as I want to rant muchly about more stuff, I guess this isn't the place. So I won't. I'll just say...it will be a long time before I forgive. :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: August 11, 2019, 12:23:55 PM »
I know exactly what you mean. :( Don’t feel like it’s just in the UK, though... I’ve been feeling very similarly: like I just want to pack up and move to... some less politically-charged country. That theoretically exists... somewhere.

:) My brother is an ex-pat, it's certainly possible to move out of the country.

I just don't think there's anywhere in the world that exists where there is not conflict in some form or another.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1864 on: August 11, 2019, 12:27:50 PM »
Human beings are still human beings deserving of kindness and civility, no matter what side of the aisle they’re on. Also, blanket stereotypes don’t help anyone. You don’t suddenly know everything there is to know about a complex human being because you know who they voted for. I’ve had to learn that due to the aforementioned divisions amongst my family and friends. It is possible to disagree about politics, and still love and value one another.

I really disagree with this. Someone that supports the fundamentals of a political party that are harmful to others do not deserve respect and kindness. I've cut people, family, "friends" out of my life because of what and who they support.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time with it, but it isn't like someone saying the don't like the color yellow or something. These are things that effect people and society as a whole. It is 100% okay to be angry and unkind about it.

edit: Related; my trivial complaint for today are conspiracy theorists  -_-

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline lordalexander74

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: August 11, 2019, 12:32:56 PM »
So there's this 12 mile stretch on I40 in Tennessee with no exits. Just past the only exit for a while... and traffic stopped. Apparently two trucks and a car were having an unpleasant party up the road. Took around three hours to clear the accident. Least I had my phone fully charged, spent that time watching Another Dirty Room and Bob Ross.

Passed one of the trucks on my way home, the wheels/cab were at a 45 degree angle compared to the road, and that wasn't due to the tow truck. Was one rough accident.
Thanks to Lunacat for the lovely art

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: August 11, 2019, 01:18:58 PM »

I really disagree with this. Someone that supports the fundamentals of a political party that are harmful to others do not deserve respect and kindness. I've cut people, family, "friends" out of my life because of what and who they support.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time with it, but it isn't like someone saying the don't like the color yellow or something. These are things that effect people and society as a whole. It is 100% okay to be angry and unkind about it.

edit: Related; my trivial complaint for today are conspiracy theorists  -_-

Then we will have to agree to disagree. I believe that answering hate with hate and anger with anger does nothing to solve problems. The people who make the most positive, lasting differences in this world are the ones who fight for their causes with dignity and diplomacy. When you treat others with courtesy, even when they themselves are being uncivil, you make yourself the “bigger person”. You’re showing them someone on “the other side” who is still being polite and respectful, even when they are not. That kind of thing can make people question themselves. I’ve seen it happen. I’ve even seen people do a 180 on certain issues after getting to know me and hearing me (civilly) explain my POV and why I feel the way I do. If I had just gotten angry and insulted them? They wouldn’t have changed their minds. Most likely, they would have just had their negative impression of me and what I support reinforced in their minds.

Everyone who has a political opinion feels passionately about it because of how these issues effect the world. Different individuals have different reasons for supporting what they support, and it’s rarely simple. People come from all kinds of cultures, backgrounds, and life experiences... No two are alike, and therefore no generalizations should be made about parties or groups (short of actual hate groups, of course).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 01:32:55 PM by Nemesis »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: August 11, 2019, 02:51:49 PM »
I’ve been watching tv for about 45 minutes and the channel I’m watching is airing the exact same 3 commercials every commercial break. :(

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: August 11, 2019, 03:28:15 PM »
I’ve been watching tv for about 45 minutes and the channel I’m watching is airing the exact same 3 commercials every commercial break. :(

That reminds me that I loathe spotify commercials. They are so obviously designed to annoy you so you will break down eventually and buy a subscription to get rid of the ads. But they won't get me! :P

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1869 on: August 11, 2019, 11:43:59 PM »
Yesterday I had one of those days.. it was grey, dark and rainy which I usually like as I get to light some candles and not feel bad for being indoors, but I didn't find anything on any stream or tv-channel to watch. Tried to do some crosswords but didn't feel like it. I read half a book but don't remember what I read, tried to draw, no-no. Didn't feel like playing games either. I think I spent the majority of the day watching the ceilling and waiting on nightfall so I could go to sleep. Today seem to go in a similar route emotionally, luckily I get to work so I hope the day will go faster.

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: August 12, 2019, 01:19:52 AM »
Lol. I have found my people.
So yeah, I have a headache  from lack of food, but no food to eat. And its too hot to go out . Ugh.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: August 12, 2019, 08:38:26 PM »
I think I shall have to replace the battery on my laptop soon (again).  A full charge now only lasts 40 minutes.  Used to be 4 hours...

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: August 13, 2019, 06:01:56 AM »
I used to like macaroni and cheese but I'm starting to not like it anymore.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: August 13, 2019, 09:33:45 AM »
I ordered a complete set of Woodland Folk books online and they sent me someone else's order instead :argh:
Inka Dinka Doo

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: August 14, 2019, 01:04:46 AM »
When my computer updates and when I reopen the browser it's conveniently lost all my tabs, although it says it remembers them it won't load them. I hate when it does that, as I had a lot of important stuff open that now I have to find all over again.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal