collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467667 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1785 on: July 24, 2019, 09:12:08 PM »
I think what concerns me is that people take for granted social interactions and dilute them down to clicking of buttons, rather than really engaging with the other person. As someone who has spent much of her life learning some of the social skills most people allegedly are born with, it bothers me that you'd want to potentially lose those skills by defaulting to such a superficial system. The friend button isn't a friendship. The like button doesn't mean you read someone else's post.

One of my former flatmates would insist on being untagged in any photo that didn't make her look good. She's a really intelligent person who has worked for embassies and all kinds of organisations all over the world, mostly in the middle east, speaks fluent arabic and Spanish (her native language) as well as English. Yet she's worried about how her photos look on social media. *shakes head*. I don't get it.

It seems like a kind of peer pressure, that people are sort of expected to do it. I do think there is a place for what social media does, but the fact everything is expected to happen on such an interactionally weak set of platforms is bothersome.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: July 25, 2019, 09:33:44 PM »
I'm dogsitting my mom's dog and if I'm not doing anything, like watching TV, he's content to sleep on the couch but as soon as I try to do ANYTHING, he suddenly needs to go outside or wants to play or needs to be pet.  I'll be glad when they get home this weekend so I can get something done.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1787 on: July 26, 2019, 03:53:27 AM »
Once again I should be sleeping and I'm not. Also I think something died in the attic, the whole house smells  :crazy:

edit: omg there are dead rats in the hot tub :yikes:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 08:39:22 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: July 26, 2019, 01:16:16 PM »
I want to buy a mini-fridge for my office but the one I want won't fit in my car.

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: July 26, 2019, 07:15:00 PM »

That... is terrifying. :shocked: Is there water in it, or how did they end up in there!? =O

I want to buy a mini-fridge for my office but the one I want won't fit in my car.

I’m sure you’ve looked into it already, but is there anyplace that would deliver it? An online seller, maybe?
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1790 on: July 26, 2019, 11:51:15 PM »
This doesn't even concern me first hand but I'm still annoyed. Hubby went with his best friend to camp at a beach for a night. We usually go every summer but this time I couldn't go because of work. First his friend thought that we could take his wife along and go to a beach a little closer to home for the day and drive us back in the evening so he and hubby could go to the camping beach a bit later. But his wife didn't want to as we had to go in the afternoon due to an appointment hubby had. If she's gonna go to the beach she wanna go in the morning and stay all day, a few hours in the afternoon didn't work. That bummed me out, I thought it was stupid, but ok.

So hubby and his friend went camping a bit earlier since they both had nothing to do in the afternoon. So I saw them off and went to work. The next day friends wife calls friend super early in the morning demanding him to come home so they can go to the beach. He and hubby had plans to stay until noon at least and just hang, but no, he had to come home right that instant. It's not like she can't go alone, she has her own car and a lot of people spend time there alone. But the guys had to pack down the tent and drive home just to please his wife.. and then she posts on social media pictures from the beach and how lovley it is, without a thought that she wrecked her husbands and my husbands campingtrip. I just can't...

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: July 27, 2019, 01:10:49 AM »
Nemesis, I feel exactly like you!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1792 on: July 27, 2019, 03:43:57 AM »
That... is terrifying. :shocked: Is there water in it, or how did they end up in there!? =O

Yes there's water in it. It's inground like the pool but not actually connected to the pool. I don't know how they ended up in there :( There were two and they were smaller than the rats I usually see (we have an on and off problem with them since my dad feeds the birds). I thought maybe they fell off the roof during a storm but the lanai is screened in and the screen doesn't look like it's loose above the tub. I had to fish them out since no one else wanted to do it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: July 27, 2019, 03:47:55 AM »

Yes there's water in it. It's inground like the pool but not actually connected to the pool. I don't know how they ended up in there :( There were two and they were smaller than the rats I usually see (we have an on and off problem with them since my dad feeds the birds). I thought maybe they fell off the roof during a storm but the lanai is screened in and the screen doesn't look like it's loose above the tub. I had to fish them out since no one else wanted to do it.

I feel your trauma. There was a random dead rat on the pathway between the rubbish area and the side gate where I live on Wednesday. I suspect it dropped dead in the heat...but that was a totally unexpected shock. I discovered I hate rats when I met one eye to eye on the top of a rubbish skip...*shudders*

I'm sorry you had to be the one to fish them out :/ Here I reported the dead rat to the desk team and they called pest control to do it. Pet rats are fine but the ones that rummage litter...? No thanks. Not good on any day, dead or alive.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: July 27, 2019, 11:08:37 AM »
Sorry if this is more WYP territory, but at my aunties' (who I visit twice a week), a female hedgehog had made a nest in their shed and had her babies there. She had four three days ago but today we only saw two, they weren't moving and she was curled up like she was really frightened (they have a big dog that barks all the time), and last we saw she was crawling away in the garden, no sign of the babies. I can't bring myself to check if they're still there. I also read online that the babies could have disappeared because she ate them.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: July 27, 2019, 11:13:29 AM »
Poor hedgehogs :/

I need to write an abstract.

I don't want to write an abstract.

I hate having to summarise an article I wrote. I understand summarising a whole book, but an article? That's just lazy. If you can't read 10,000 words to find out if it's relevant to you then you're really no kind of academic. Seriously.

...I know, that's just me being petty, but whatever. I want to send this article off this weekend/by the start of next week but my brain really doesn't want to write an abstract.

At least it's not hot any more.

Also trying to plan to move. My room now is much smaller so starting to pack the unnecessary things to save time later isn't possible, nowhere to put the boxes. Slightly concerned about this since I will have an item limit if the moving people I want to use have a slot...

I like being in new places, but I hate moving. And I really hate that this move may be me leaving London for good :'( I hope not.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 11:16:40 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: July 27, 2019, 12:02:19 PM »
Sometimes I have to read a professional magazine. Knowing I have to read it even if I don't want to makes it even harder to stay focused. :( I'd much rather read something for fun.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: July 28, 2019, 05:48:50 PM »
We didn't eat the cucumber in the fridge quick enough and I had to just throw it out, only half eaten...man, I hate wasting food :pout:

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: July 28, 2019, 08:25:22 PM »
IT’S SO HOT. Muggy, too. :hot:

I’m seriously considering gathering up all of the ice packs in the house and constructing a makeshift mattress out of them. :P It’s days like these that I wonder why humans decided to build houses above ground... Oh yeah, because the nice, cool basement flooded during the storms last week. Why, nature!? WHY!?
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: July 29, 2019, 10:44:23 AM »
That moment when the bus driver on a route you don't know decides to change the end destination of the bus route to somewhere you also don't know.

Yes, Beldarna, I'm complaining about buses again.

Fortunately...where he stopped was close enough to the river and the bridge for me to figure out I was quite close to home and I was able to walk into town without a problem (plus it's a nice day in the middle 20s and the river is pretty), but that's not nice.

Especially since usually they only do that when they're running late, but he was wasting time waiting at stops along the route, suggesting he wasn't running late, just couldn't be bothered to negotiate the town centre for some reason -.-
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal