collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467601 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1725 on: July 06, 2019, 03:54:37 PM »
Thank you everyone. My dog started having seizures last year after the 4 of July. She is an elderly dog but she had never had a seizure before she got so scared last year. Last night I only heard a few fireworks going off.

Ponyfan

I didn’t even know that could happen. :( I hope she’s doing alright...

I worry about my dogs, as they’re both getting on in years, and bad thunderstorms seem to really upset the older of the two... She’s a Lhasa Apso with an unknown history, and she already has a nervous disposition...
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: July 06, 2019, 08:28:28 PM »
I hate the kind of people whose idea of celbrating weekend is to get completely drunk and yell like an animal in the middle of night when other people are asleep, want to relax after a hard day or might have some work to do :enraged:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 08:30:00 PM by SpacePinto »
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: July 07, 2019, 02:00:22 PM »
What a weekend! Firstly, I am thankful that the three performances that my kid acted in at her theatre show went very well, travel was straight-forward, we didn't lose anything and she remembered to smile!

However, yesterday... phew... my phone ran out of power, then... my car battery ran out of power too! Turned out that I had left the lights on all day  :pout: I had just collected my kid after her evening performance, we were both mega tired and ready to go home but NO! We had to call out the rescue van... the staff at the theatre were very accommodating and googled my insurance helpline number for me as I used their phone.

Got home just before 11pm. The repair guy re-charged my battery and I was safe to go on my 45-minute trip home. Husband had been worried!  :lol: :cool: :P

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: July 08, 2019, 06:52:20 AM »
I'm getting really fed up with this stupid "internet language" you can't seem to avoid these days. Why can't they call anything by its real name? A dog can't be a dog, it's a "pupper" or a "woofer". A bird is a "birb". Cats are probably "cattos" or something equally stupid. For some reason it really irritates me.

What's worse is when people start saying it in real life...

OOF, this!! My big problem with silly stuff like this is that people tend to run it into the ground. The odd "smol" or "birb" here and there, okay, sure, that's cute, whatever. But nooo, it has to be *all the damn time*, it gets old fast!

(another thing that irritates me - people that,,,, use a bunch of,,,, commas,,,, in a row,,,, ....like that, haha. It looks so silly! I'm not that nitpicky about grammar/punctuation, I get misusing it intentionally to better convey the tone you're trying to get across, but that one just looks stupid to me :p)

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: July 08, 2019, 07:36:32 AM »
I'm getting really fed up with this stupid "internet language" you can't seem to avoid these days. Why can't they call anything by its real name? A dog can't be a dog, it's a "pupper" or a "woofer". A bird is a "birb". Cats are probably "cattos" or something equally stupid. For some reason it really irritates me.

OOF, this!! My big problem with silly stuff like this is that people tend to run it into the ground. The odd "smol" or "birb" here and there, okay, sure, that's cute, whatever. But nooo, it has to be *all the damn time*, it gets old fast!

(another thing that irritates me - people that,,,, use a bunch of,,,, commas,,,, in a row,,,, ....like that, haha. It looks so silly! I'm not that nitpicky about grammar/punctuation, I get misusing it intentionally to better convey the tone you're trying to get across, but that one just looks stupid to me :p)
The older I get, the more annoyed I am with the whole Internet culture - the intentionally poor grammar (i.e.  noun + "be like"), the repetitive memes, the latest cool hashtag that everyone ends their sentences with etc.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: July 08, 2019, 09:16:00 AM »
I never knew that was a thing. :blink: How odd... Like what kinds of things do you mean?

Sorry for the late response! Other have explained it very well in the meantime, it's exactly like they say.

Tickets, meeting, checking in/out, barcode, dashboard, creditcard, fashion, fulltime, multiple choice, magazine, outfit, provider, deal, research, second opinion, feedback, kids, talkshow, design, shopping, updating... Just a few examples of words you hear ALL THE TIME, even though we have perfectly nice Dutch words for all these things. :hmm:

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: July 08, 2019, 12:06:55 PM »
Thank you everyone. My dog started having seizures last year after the 4 of July. She is an elderly dog but she had never had a seizure before she got so scared last year. Last night I only heard a few fireworks going off.

Ponyfan

I didn’t even know that could happen. :( I hope she’s doing alright...

I worry about my dogs, as they’re both getting on in years, and bad thunderstorms seem to really upset the older of the two... She’s a Lhasa Apso with an unknown history, and she already has a nervous disposition...

My dog was acting really strange for a couple of days. I was afraid she would have to go to the vet but she's doing better now.

Today's complaint: A family member didn't realize I was in the garage getting soemthing and not only turned the light off on me but also closed the door from the kitchen to the garage. The garage is pretty dark with no light. I called out that I was still in the garage but no one heard me. I fially found the doorknob. but it was scary for a few minutes.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1732 on: July 08, 2019, 12:27:21 PM »
Massive headache won't go away. I think it's weather related. Ugh.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1733 on: July 08, 2019, 05:44:31 PM »

The older I get, the more annoyed I am with the whole Internet culture - the intentionally poor grammar (i.e.  noun + "be like"), the repetitive memes, the latest cool hashtag that everyone ends their sentences with etc.

I'm one of those people who want people, if they're going to swear, to swear in a grammatically correct way :P We have conjugation for a reason, use it, or otherwise just don't bother...

I'm not even that fixed on grammatical correctness most of the time - just certain times, and swearing is one of those times. *shrug*.

...So as much as I don't want to complain about buses again today...

The bus across london was packed, stuck in traffic, and also I had to walk a long way from the station to catch it because of roadworks.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 05:46:49 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: July 09, 2019, 09:12:21 AM »
I normally don’t have a lot to complain about but I just got 6 teeth (wisdom + extra) taken out and this hurts....oh well, I guess it’s just a part of life. But on the bright side, I can get some sleep and pain meds to help eventually :)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: July 09, 2019, 09:34:31 AM »
Can’t find rooted Ken Fashionista dolls for some of my custom anime dolls.

Plus I started coughing because my tongue pushed some phlegm to the back of my mouth and my throat and chest hurt.

Now I’ve got the hiccups

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: July 09, 2019, 09:46:55 AM »
My friend has just got her driving lisence and we're planning to go on a day trip somewhere... but can't decide/agree on somewhere to go!

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: July 09, 2019, 01:45:04 PM »
I'm having a dentist appointment on Thursday >_<
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: July 09, 2019, 02:28:15 PM »
Ug! I feel you!

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: July 10, 2019, 07:52:13 AM »
Ug! I feel you!

Thankfully it's just a regular preventive cleaning, but I'm always nervous that they will find something bad going on in there that I didn't know about.
Inka Dinka Doo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal