collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467645 times)

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1695 on: June 26, 2019, 09:38:56 AM »
My eggs are frozen because my fridge is panicking from this heatwave. :pout: Well, half frozen anyway. This is annoying because I had this perfect carton of eggs (there's even a white feather in it :P ), waiting to be boiled half-hard one by one, and now I will have to boil them hard after they are defrosted and finish them in two days. :pout: Delicious, yes, but runny yolk is my idea of heaven.

First world problems, yes. I know some people don't even have eggs. I'm sorry, but I'm still upset. :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1696 on: June 26, 2019, 09:45:26 AM »
Runny yolk is awesome. You have my sympathies.

So I really have no idea what they're doing to the road outside my window, but it's been even noisier today as they were cutting slabs.

Despite taking out the crossing lights completely, they just amended the road to make an easier crossing point with the stippled slabs...?

I really am so confused right now and it's making my ability to go anywhere very annoying. I actually walked to the station Sainsburys for the first time since I moved here (last August, and yes, I got lost) because I didn't want to have to figure out where to get off the bus coming back and how to cross the road if I went into town proper.

Sigh.

Nice day though. Pity I've had to keep my window closed again -.-.

At least I have a fan.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1697 on: June 26, 2019, 10:01:52 PM »
I was supposed to get my salary two days ago, it has yet to show up. I have bills to pay, payments set up to go automatically from my account and I was on vacation in friggin Gothenburg expecting money in my bankaccount so I could shop and do stuff but it didn't turn up so I had to take a bunch of money from my savings instead. It's super frustrating!

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: June 28, 2019, 10:50:42 AM »
The lady at the toy store started talking to me in English today. Apparently I look foreign, because I get this a lot. :hmm: They aren't wrong, in a way... After all I'm Dutch/Irish/English. But come on, I was born and raised here, I've never even been abroad (Germany and Belgium don't count), and I was NOT raised bilingually. I speak perfect Dutch and lousy English. It must be my face. :hmm:

So yes, as my username might give away I love the fact that I'm not "just" Dutch. But it's extremely irritating, because when people think you don't speak Dutch, they automatically assume you're stupid, and will talk to you like you are either retarded or dangerous. :pout:

Runny yolk is awesome. You have my sympathies.

Thanks. :P

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: June 28, 2019, 11:54:18 AM »
Friendly PSA to all theatre-goers!  ^.^

Turn. Off. Your. Stinkin'. PHONE. No, I don't want to hear your ringtone going off during a a quiet, emotional scene.

Please also do not let your 4 year old walk down the aisles alone (?!) so she can talk loudly during the climax of the production. And no, I'm not surprised an attendant told you both to get off the steps when you finally caught up to her, because you can't sit there during the performance.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: June 28, 2019, 01:01:55 PM »
Friendly PSA to all theatre-goers!  ^.^

Turn. Off. Your. Stinkin'. PHONE. No, I don't want to hear your ringtone going off during a a quiet, emotional scene.

Please also do not let your 4 year old walk down the aisles alone (?!) so she can talk loudly during the climax of the production. And no, I'm not surprised an attendant told you both to get off the steps when you finally caught up to her, because you can't sit there during the performance.

I hate that.

I also hate it in cinemas. I have basically stopped going to the cinema because of parents thinking the big screen is a babysitter for their two year old while they watch the film. Especially 12 films. I could rant a lot about the evils of 12a films.

My rant for the day...

When your sister's dental appointment disrupts your whole schedule once and then turns out to take 2 hours instead of 5 minutes.

I left London at 11.

I got home at 5.30pm.

It's Dad's birthday tomorrow, else I wouldn't have bothered.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: June 29, 2019, 11:14:29 AM »
Today's my birthday and I made plans to go to the mall with my sister and my best friend.

Well, my best friend has bailed on me last minute. I still get to go with my sister but that kinda hurts :/

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: June 29, 2019, 02:52:46 PM »
Today's my birthday and I made plans to go to the mall with my sister and my best friend.

Well, my best friend has bailed on me last minute. I still get to go with my sister but that kinda hurts :/

Wow... Rude. :/ I’m sorry that happened to you on your special day... :hug:

Anyway, happy birthday! I hope you have a great time with your sis!
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: July 01, 2019, 08:27:53 AM »
I'm just getting really annoyed with Twitter and it creating notifications when people I follow post/like stuff. Like, I'm not saying that option for those notifications shouldn't be there, but as far as I can tell it's not an option, period. There's no way to turn it off.

Whatever happened to actually reading through feeds to see posts with notifications being for when people like or comment on your posts, follow you, or message you? Am I just old-fashioned? I've seen Tumblr and also YouTube pull this stuff too (including YT actually giving me notifications for accounts I'm not even subscribed to!  :mad:)

|My Collection|

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: July 01, 2019, 08:34:42 AM »
I'm getting really fed up with this stupid "internet language" you can't seem to avoid these days. Why can't they call anything by its real name? A dog can't be a dog, it's a "pupper" or a "woofer". A bird is a "birb". Cats are probably "cattos" or something equally stupid. For some reason it really irritates me.

What's worse is when people start saying it in real life...

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: July 01, 2019, 09:33:19 AM »
I'm getting really fed up with this stupid "internet language" you can't seem to avoid these days. Why can't they call anything by its real name? A dog can't be a dog, it's a "pupper" or a "woofer". A bird is a "birb". Cats are probably "cattos" or something equally stupid. For some reason it really irritates me.

To be honest, I am annoyed by the proliferation of dogs in every space of modern life just generally.

If people want dogs then that's fine, but I am so sick of seeing dogs that are clearly not any kind of support dog in cafes, in supermarkets (both places they are not allowed by the way) and basically everywhere. There;s even a thing to try and get dog friendly cinema screenings. Because of course dogs need to go see Toy Story 4?

I hate dogs. I have always hated dogs, since being attacked by one as a kid. They freak the heck out of me. And while I know some are very well trained, my expectation is that someone who can't read signs or pay attention to rules regarding where dogs should be probably also don't care how their animals act.

I also wish they would ban them from the top of buses. They're not man's best friend to me. They're my worst nightmare.

Obviously, this isn't dogs who are actually needed as support dogs, guide dogs, etc, as they have proper training and mostly aren't a problem.

But since you can now buy the jackets online and flat out lie about it to get your animal anywhere, it really is hard to tell.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 09:34:53 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: July 01, 2019, 11:10:04 AM »

To be honest, I am annoyed by the proliferation of dogs in every space of modern life just generally.

If people want dogs then that's fine, but I am so sick of seeing dogs that are clearly not any kind of support dog in cafes, in supermarkets (both places they are not allowed by the way) and basically everywhere. There;s even a thing to try and get dog friendly cinema screenings. Because of course dogs need to go see Toy Story 4?

I hate dogs. I have always hated dogs, since being attacked by one as a kid. They freak the heck out of me. And while I know some are very well trained, my expectation is that someone who can't read signs or pay attention to rules regarding where dogs should be probably also don't care how their animals act.

I also wish they would ban them from the top of buses. They're not man's best friend to me. They're my worst nightmare.

Obviously, this isn't dogs who are actually needed as support dogs, guide dogs, etc, as they have proper training and mostly aren't a problem.

But since you can now buy the jackets online and flat out lie about it to get your animal anywhere, it really is hard to tell.

I’m a dog person but seeing dogs that are clearly not service/support animals in public just because the owners don’t want to leave them at home gets me too. I’ve seen dogs wearing the service animal vests bark, pull at their leash and show other behaviors that true service/support animals  wouldn’t do. As much as I love my dog I won’t lie and say she’s a service animal when’ she’s not.

I did something to my knee. I’m not used to knee pain. It’s becoming painful to walk but my health insurance is terrible and probably won’t cover x-rays.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 12:26:19 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: July 01, 2019, 12:33:21 PM »

100% agreed! This really gets my goat, too.
I'm all for the evolution of language, because that is what makes language fascinating by its very nature, but when people talk utter drivvel because it's fashionable on the internet, it's just aggravating. I'd give anything for there to be a divide between the internet and real life, the way there used to be. It just feels as if online nonsense bleeds into everything nowadays like a horrendous, inescapable aura of unpleasantness. Or perhaps I'm just being a bit dramatic...

Being a bit of a pedant and a stick-in-the-mud, needlessly making nouns into verbs annoys me as well, such as "gaming" and - the one that really gets my hackles up - adulting. We already have ways to convey these concepts, namely "playing games" and "being an adult". I can't imagine it's that hard for people to bust out an extra word or two in their day. Heck, it might even give their grey matter a bit of a workout!

So I guess my complaint for the day is that I'm getting old. :lol:

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #1708 on: July 01, 2019, 01:31:53 PM »
Being a bit of a pedant and a stick-in-the-mud, needlessly making nouns into verbs annoys me as well, such as "gaming" and - the one that really gets my hackles up - adulting. We already have ways to convey these concepts, namely "playing games" and "being an adult". I can't imagine it's that hard for people to bust out an extra word or two in their day. Heck, it might even give their grey matter a bit of a workout!

So I guess my complaint for the day is that I'm getting old. :lol:

Heh, this reminds me of the Calvin and Hobbes strip... Verbing weirds language :lol:

To be honest, I think it's fascinating that you can do that in English, turn nouns into verbs and keep them identical. (Or only differentiate them by word stress, which is one of the difficult areas for learners... especially for speakers of languages in which the main stress always falls on the first syllable!)

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: July 01, 2019, 02:19:51 PM »

I... have never heard any of these. :blink: I’m only 27... Am I already getting old!? :cry:

Although I like the word gaming. Saying “playing video games” is a mouthful, and a lot harder to slide into a “hobbies/interests” space than just “gaming”. “Gamer” has been around for a long time, so I feel like “gaming” is a natural evolution. Considering that video games as a whole have only been around for a few decades, new words are inevitably going to form in that vacuum.

As for “adulting”... I always thought that was supposed to be ironic humor? Like, it’s such a ridiculous word, that it sounds like something a little kid would say. Thus, when someone says they’re “adulting” it’s ironic, because they kind of just made a point of how immature they are. XD Or have I just been taking it the wrong way?
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal