collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467679 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1650 on: June 11, 2019, 01:43:10 PM »
Just got word we got into artist alley.
whoohoo.

Except.... I only have 2 months to make product... I usually have 4-6 months ><
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: June 12, 2019, 10:21:42 AM »
The Bird Protection webshop annoys me. >_< We have a little bird restaurant on our balcony, and lately a jay has been showing up, he goes crazy on the peanuts. Now we want to order a safer system to put the peanuts in, because they are in one of those cheap nets. I know that can be dangerous for birds, so I want to change that. However, all these systems are specifically made so that bigger, crow-related birds can't "steal" the peanuts (it says that on the website). Dude, why? I want that jay to enjoy the peanuts! We have other food for smaller birds, and they come here a lot too, so it's not like the jay scares them away or anything. I guess I'll just put some peanuts on a plate then. :shrug:

Maybe its in Moldova. One of mine spent a day there the other week. Still no idea why, except Dhl can't read.

Oh wow! I have no idea where mine is right now, it still hasn't been updated... I guess I could contact the Dutch postal service, but I really don't feel like it because you can't just send an e-mail to them. You can call (I hate making phone calls), you can use twitter or facebook (which I refuse to take part in), you can chat with them (NO) or you can send them a letter (I'd do that, but they say it can take up to ten days to get a reply). Yes, I am difficult like that. :lookround: We also don't have a post office anymore; so much for that option. Why can't I just mail them!? >_<

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: June 12, 2019, 12:19:08 PM »
Just opened a Series 4 Cutie Mark Crew figure.  The paper inside said it was supposed to be Sea Swirl and I was really excited, but when I opened the bag it was...Pinkie Pie.  The package didn't appear to be opened and reclosed so I think it was a factory error, but a real letdown when you wanted a non-mane pony.

I opened another one that I'd bought (I bought several as motivation for performing small chores) and it actually had Sea Swirl inside, so that's better.  Now I just don't have a paper for the Pinkie Pie in a beach ball and two papers for Sea Swirl.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 01:49:10 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1653 on: June 12, 2019, 02:21:22 PM »
@Broken Irishwoman, that was in between being in Leipzig, Bucharest and Bologna ;) It had a busy trip.

I totally empathise about the phone. I hate the phone too, and I hate how sites and people assume that a: you can call them and b: they can call you. That's why we invented the internet. So we didn't have to telephone. Duh.

Also. IT IS STILL RAINING.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1654 on: June 12, 2019, 09:56:48 PM »
*whines* Again, I can't sleep :( I was exhausted all day ready to fall asleep in an instant but now when I want to, I can't. The same thing happened the night before. In two hours I'll have been up for 24.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1655 on: June 12, 2019, 11:50:18 PM »
I had a customer buying a sim-card, and then ask if I had an opener for the phone. I did not but I did have paperclips and went to get him one. But instead of waiting a few seconds for me, he just leaned over the register and grabbed one holding together a stack of papers in a holder. I gave him an earful for that and he did apologize but I'm still annoyed. People are so inconsiderate to retailworkers. Like I have time to sort through a bunch of papers again and clip them together..

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: June 13, 2019, 05:35:27 AM »
I tried yerba mate for the first time but it wasn't quite as good as people make it seem to be :(
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: June 13, 2019, 09:54:10 AM »
Darn Laura Ashley sales - you make me spend money on upholstery fabrics when I should be saving, grrrrr.....

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: June 13, 2019, 02:39:04 PM »
Hate waiting for post...

Also...

Rain.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: June 14, 2019, 02:52:07 PM »
I bumped into one of my old friends from secondary school the other day, which was nice and all, but the issue I have here is the whole keeping in touch thing. I've had it too many times in the past when my old friends ask for my number  then never get in touch, and at this point I'd rather just part with "it was nice to see you" or something rather than "we'll have to get together for coffee sometime" that never happens. :/

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: June 15, 2019, 07:51:47 AM »
Chocolate is evil. :pout:

@Broken Irishwoman, that was in between being in Leipzig, Bucharest and Bologna ;) It had a busy trip.

I totally empathise about the phone. I hate the phone too, and I hate how sites and people assume that a: you can call them and b: they can call you. That's why we invented the internet. So we didn't have to telephone. Duh.

Maybe it wanted to see the world before settling in the UK! :P

Exactly! Phone calls are the worst! >_< I did get over myself though (this time), I called them yesterday, and "the package had moved just that day"... First of all: I don't buy that. Somehow I got this image in my head of the lady poking the post office that there might be a package that has fallen behind the shelf or something, and they found it. Also, even though she said it would probably be delivered yesterday or today, the tracking information is still the same as two weeks ago (and no package). I guess we'll see when/if it gets here. XD

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: June 15, 2019, 12:07:31 PM »
Disclaimer: I am not speaking specifically about THIS forum, or any incident herein. I am speaking mostly about discussions and comments I have encountered on other sites and forums, and also internet/social media culture in general.

That said, here’s my mini-vent:
I really cannot fathom why some “fans” (I hesitate to even call them that, as their greatest passion seems to be for trolling and complaining) feel the need to hate on certain movies/characters/reboots so vocally and with such HOSTILITY. It’s one thing to say “I thought (insert character name here) was kind of annoying and didn’t add much to the plot.” and quite another to write an ALL CAPS novella about how “the character, actor, writers, and so on are all garbage and blah, blah, BLAH... RUINED FOREVER!!1!”. Beyond the fact that these “fans”/whiners often get into the dark territory of hate campaigns and harassment, it just seems like all they want to do is belittle and hurt the people who DID like that movie/character/reboot.

Within the pony fandom, this mostly has to do with some G4 fans mocking/deriding earlier generations. (For the record, I am a huge G4 fan myself, so I’m by no mean hating on the fandom as a whole.)  MLP has a rich history as a brand. It has brought happiness to millions and millions of children (and adults) for generations. If someone only likes G4, that’s fine... But it’s just pathetic when adults/teenagers loudly proclaim how everything that came before it sucked or “mostly sucked” (yep, I’ve actually heard that one). This has ramped up somewhat, with G5 on the horizon. A lot of people seem to honestly believe that if something isn’t matched to THEIR specific tastes, that means it universally sucks (this goes well beyond MLP, too... *cough*StarWars*cough*). :facepalm:

NO ONE should get that angry because a plotline didn’t pan out the way they’d hoped. NO ONE has the right to attack or harass another human being because they feel like Luke Skywalker, Rainbow Dash, or whoever didn’t get enough attention in a movie sequel. The fact that people are arguing over fictional characters and storylines with the kind of venom and vehemence usually reserved for politics just disgusts me. Is there really not enough anger and conflict in this world already, without coming up with FICTIONAL reasons to fight with each other? :nuts:

:facepalm: :really: :nope:
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: June 15, 2019, 01:47:53 PM »
Within the pony fandom, this mostly has to do with some G4 fans mocking/deriding earlier generations. (For the record, I am a huge G4 fan myself, so I’m by no mean hating on the fandom as a whole.)  MLP has a rich history as a brand. It has brought happiness to millions and millions of children (and adults) for generations. If someone only likes G4, that’s fine... But it’s just pathetic when adults/teenagers loudly proclaim how everything that came before it sucked or “mostly sucked” (yep, I’ve actually heard that one). This has ramped up somewhat, with G5 on the horizon. A lot of people seem to honestly believe that if something isn’t matched to THEIR specific tastes, that means it universally sucks (this goes well beyond MLP, too... *cough*StarWars*cough*). :facepalm:

Well, at least with MLP a major reason is that, whether we like it or not, a large number of newer fans (those who weren't into ponies before G4) came from online communities that are particularly known for their toxicity and extreme attitudes, so it's just bound to happen from time to time.
Inka Dinka Doo

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: June 15, 2019, 02:37:19 PM »
@Nemesis - I understand totally where you're coming from. When I was moderating on a manga/anime forum, the constant backbiting between Naruto/Bleach/One Piece people was so heartkilling. I mean, fine, you like x best, that's awesome, now accept other people think differently and share the good bits, don't start ripping holes in each other based on which animated humanoid you think is coolest?

With an anime I've been watching recently, getting utterly fed up with people leaving comments on CR (I usually don't watch on the website for this reason too) complaining about any character other than the main one getting any attention (even though that's part of plot building, to flesh out Other Characters)...

And I remember when I was in that same manga community, there were actually death threats sent to the mangaka when it looked like he killed off one of the popular characters. He didn't, but it might have been a take back because of the feeling it engendered. In the end the manga ended badly with all the favourites getting progression at the expense of both the plot and the other characters. And then everyone complained. Sigh.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: June 15, 2019, 03:32:50 PM »
@Taffeta The funny part about the Naruto/Bleach/One Piece conflict is that they were all Shonen Jump manga/anime. You could literally enjoy all three in the same monthly publication... which is what I (and I imagine most normal people) did, back in the day. All of the venom between the fandoms is too stupid to fathom. :facepalm:

And yeah, death threats and personal attacks are absolutely unacceptable, and just show that some people really, REALLY need to reconnect with reality. :/ Creepy stuff.

I’m a cosplayer, a fanfic writer, and a collector. I’m a hardcore nerd, and obviously passionate about my favorite franchises and series... But I am profoundly in touch with reality. If I hate a movie, that’s disappointing... but I can MOVE ON with my life. I feel no need to insult anyone or write hatemail. It’s a cliche, but... what is WRONG with people!? :blink:
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal