collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467693 times)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1275 on: December 29, 2018, 02:21:58 PM »
Thank you Taffeta and banditpony. :) It looks like I picked the same time as many other people to start reading Fruits Basket. I checked my city's libraries online catalog and only two branches have a few of the volumes.
Hopefully all of the stores that carry Fruits Basket will restock soon. or I can find them on Ebay. I really want the Collector's Edition volumes.

Today's trivial complaint. Yesterday I bought a DVD set that was secured with an anti theft device. After the cashier rang it up she placed it in the shopping bag without removing the anti theft device. When I questioned her, she said that I would have to take it up front to "the employee wearing yellow" to have it removed. It surprised me that I had to go to another employee instead of the cashier having the key to remove the anti theft device.

Ponyfan

Luckily I can get Fruits Basket manga on Amazon.uk

That’s weird about the cashier telling you to go to someone else.

Waiting for the new Attack on Titan chapter 113 (I think that’s the chapter) to be done into English I want to know what happened to Levi is he going to get killed? Plus waiting for the next part of the anime to be released is driving me nuts. Plus I’ve got to wait till the twenty ninth of January for Kingdom Hearts 3.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: December 29, 2018, 03:31:33 PM »
Just people not paying attention to where they are driving, I know new years is around the corner SLOW DOWN.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1277 on: December 29, 2018, 06:36:32 PM »
I donated all my Maakies books to Samaritans and now I can never go to that charity shop again, because that one person who donated the numerous books full of absolute filth will be pretty flipping recognisable. :|

Oh man, I had come across that comic years ago and forgot all about. Thanks for reminding me :lol:

It's not that bad. It was in a newspaper after all.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: December 29, 2018, 07:29:08 PM »
Thank you Taffeta and banditpony. :) It looks like I picked the same time as many other people to start reading Fruits Basket. I checked my city's libraries online catalog and only two branches have a few of the volumes.
Hopefully all of the stores that carry Fruits Basket will restock soon. or I can find them on Ebay. I really want the Collector's Edition volumes.

You can always ask if your library is willing to do an Interlibrary Loan, where your library borrows books from another library for you.  Some libraries charge a fee for this but some do not, it depends on your library.  It doesn't hurt to ask.  I know the library where I work has all the volumes of Fruits Basket and we've loaned them out as ILLs before.  (I actually bought most of the series from my library book sale because they were upgrading to the Collector's Editions so they weeded out the singles.)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: December 30, 2018, 12:22:20 AM »
No movies coming out April 2019 (my 30th birthday), all of the best ones are out on either May or June. And I don’t want to go to a Chinese restaurant because on Saturdays we have a Chinese from the takeaway.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Loreofyore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: December 30, 2018, 07:51:29 PM »
Today was such a tech nightmare I don't want to remember.  :shakefist:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1281 on: December 30, 2018, 10:48:57 PM »
In the stress of sales between christmas and new years, full of returns and giftexchanges, please remember that the person behind the register is a human being with feelings and emotions just like you. They are serving hundreds of people, their breaks might be delayed or even canceled to time up with the rush of people, yet they smile and try to be polite and helpful to you.

Gah. Working with the public is a nightmare sometimes, as there's always that percentage of people who forget that the folk in the stores etc are people and not just verbal punchbags. I worked front desk of a library for some years and know exactly the kind of attitude you mean -my sister, who has worked extensively in retail, believes all people should have to do national service working in retail so they learn compassion for people working in stores and on the front line!

Hope it improves for you :(

Yes, I've been saying that too lately - every single person should have to work retail (or some kind of front-line customer service) in their lives, to have a better understanding and appreciation of what it's like on the other side.

Thank you. I used to say that as well, when I take over the world working at least one year in retail is gonna be mandatory ;). I find it sickening how many people whom have never set a foot behind a register knows so much about it and wanna teach me how to do it. Also asking "are you new?" when I tell them something they don't like. No, I've been here a year and a half but have a total of 11 years within retail.

Third day off and I'm still feeling weary and have slept a lot. I guess I'm lucky hubby is working right now because I am no fun person to be around.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1282 on: December 31, 2018, 08:25:16 AM »
It's new year's eve.

And I am celebrating by...

Working on thesis draft corrections.

Because I have to submit in the new year.

Because otherwise one of my proposed examiners will be on study leave.

Yay...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: December 31, 2018, 03:15:50 PM »
I wish Netflix would have the Lady Bug and Cat Noir episodes in the correct order. I have to keep looking up the correct episode order on Wikipedia before selecting an episode to watch to make sure I am watching the right episode so that I won't see anything happen before I am supposed to.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: December 31, 2018, 03:25:36 PM »
I donated all my Maakies books to Samaritans and now I can never go to that charity shop again, because that one person who donated the numerous books full of absolute filth will be pretty flipping recognisable. :|

What?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: December 31, 2018, 05:36:25 PM »

What?

It could just be me being paranoid but I donated some comic collections full of quite adult humour to a charity shop and now I'm afraid to go back to that shop, as I may be judged very harshly by the staff there. :yikes:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1286 on: December 31, 2018, 06:44:04 PM »
It could just be me being paranoid but I donated some comic collections full of quite adult humour to a charity shop and now I'm afraid to go back to that shop, as I may be judged very harshly by the staff there. :yikes:

Seriously, it's not that bad! You'll be fine :)

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: January 01, 2019, 08:19:18 AM »
I was cutting a pita and got my finger a good one, happy first injury of the new year.

Offline Loreofyore

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: January 01, 2019, 09:04:54 AM »
I was cutting a pita and got my finger a good one, happy first injury of the new year.
Ow! Hope you heal quickly.

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: January 01, 2019, 01:45:06 PM »
I hope you managed to have a happy new year anyway, Taffeta. Good luck with your thesis :)

As for my very trivial complaint, I really want to go outside and catch some bugs (y'know, to keep me company), but there are no bugs outside because it's winter. I guess I'll go see if there are any spiders in the attic...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal