collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467593 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1260 on: December 24, 2018, 08:01:28 AM »
There's some creep who keeps staring at me when I get off the bus of an evening. He looks a few years younger than me, I don't know if he thinks he's being clever or what. I don't want a conflict, because I have to get the bus to and from work every day, but if he does it again, I'll stare him down right back and see what happens. Shouldn't have to but I'm sick of it, to be honest. :pout:

Be safe. If he gets too close for comfort well...I'm sure you know where to kick him.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: December 24, 2018, 09:48:12 AM »
The bookstore I buy my manga at is having a Buy 2 get 1 free sale. Unfortunately. the manga series I was looking most looking forward to starting is sold out of the first 5 volumes. :( Another series  I'm interested in sold out of volume 3.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: December 24, 2018, 05:11:08 PM »
Work was a zoo, they almost had no cider left, but thankfully  I got some but I had to get a gallon as half gallon were gone.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: December 24, 2018, 05:18:34 PM »
The bookstore I buy my manga at is having a Buy 2 get 1 free sale. Unfortunately. the manga series I was looking most looking forward to starting is sold out of the first 5 volumes. :( Another series  I'm interested in sold out of volume 3.

Ponyfan

Can you order the mangas you want from Rightstufanime.com?  They're having a holiday sale right now and they might have some of what you're looking for at a decent price.

I have to finish wrapping presents for my niblings and I just don't want to.  It's not that I don't want them to have the presents, I just don't feel like wrapping stuff.   

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: December 26, 2018, 04:43:59 AM »
There's some creep who keeps staring at me when I get off the bus of an evening. He looks a few years younger than me, I don't know if he thinks he's being clever or what. I don't want a conflict, because I have to get the bus to and from work every day, but if he does it again, I'll stare him down right back and see what happens. Shouldn't have to but I'm sick of it, to be honest. :pout:

Be safe. If he gets too close for comfort well...I'm sure you know where to kick him.

Will do! Fortunately, he's started getting off at an earlier stop than me so there's less chance of any mither from him, but even so, I'll be careful.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1265 on: December 26, 2018, 04:47:05 PM »
Reading stuff quickly is annoying. It means I get through things too fast. I began with Akatsuki no Yona manga the week before I went home for Christmas. I have tried to drag it out but as of today I'm on volume 22 (this is in Japanese). There are only 28 volumes so far. I will soon be caught up. I hate being caught up. Waiting is such a pain...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: December 26, 2018, 04:48:51 PM »

Ponyfan

Can you order the mangas you want from Rightstufanime.com?  They're having a holiday sale right now and they might have some of what you're looking for at a decent price.

Thanks Pokeyonekenobie but it looks like Right Stuf is sold out too :sad: This seems to happen whenever I want to try a new manga series or get really excited about one.

Ponyfan

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #1267 on: December 26, 2018, 11:53:44 PM »
Thanks Santa....for ANOTHER UI infection!!!!

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: December 27, 2018, 07:17:38 AM »

Ponyfan

Thanks Pokeyonekenobie but it looks like Right Stuf is sold out too :sad: This seems to happen whenever I want to try a new manga series or get really excited about one.

Ponyfan

Since you mentioned which one you were looking for in the Shout Box, I googled Fruits Basket Manga and this site came up.  They might have the ones you want for a good price.

https://www.thriftbooks.com/browse/?b.search=fruits%20basket

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: December 27, 2018, 08:18:02 AM »

Ponyfan

Ponyfan

Since you mentioned which one you were looking for in the Shout Box, I googled Fruits Basket Manga and this site came up.  They might have the ones you want for a good price.

https://www.thriftbooks.com/browse/?b.search=fruits%20basket

There's also cheap ones on eBay... Or try your library?

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1270 on: December 27, 2018, 10:06:26 PM »
In the stress of sales between christmas and new years, full of returns and giftexchanges, please remember that the person behind the register is a human being with feelings and emotions just like you. They are serving hundreds of people, their breaks might be delayed or even canceled to time up with the rush of people, yet they smile and try to be polite and helpful to you.

They're trying to accomodate you as best they can but they have rules and policies and laws to follow. To scream at someone that something worked in another store doesn't help as every store has different set ups, different registers and different rulings. Apologizing afterwards does not help at all, it might make you feel better but their day is already ruined as you were the twentieth person having the same childish antics, screaming at them that day..

I'm gonna be so glad when today is over, then I'll have five days off and wont set a foot in a mall or store during that time. I am sick of people  -_-.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1271 on: December 28, 2018, 03:45:31 AM »
In the stress of sales between christmas and new years, full of returns and giftexchanges, please remember that the person behind the register is a human being with feelings and emotions just like you. They are serving hundreds of people, their breaks might be delayed or even canceled to time up with the rush of people, yet they smile and try to be polite and helpful to you.

Gah. Working with the public is a nightmare sometimes, as there's always that percentage of people who forget that the folk in the stores etc are people and not just verbal punchbags. I worked front desk of a library for some years and know exactly the kind of attitude you mean -my sister, who has worked extensively in retail, believes all people should have to do national service working in retail so they learn compassion for people working in stores and on the front line!

Hope it improves for you :(
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #1272 on: December 28, 2018, 06:07:03 AM »
Yes, I've been saying that too lately - every single person should have to work retail (or some kind of front-line customer service) in their lives, to have a better understanding and appreciation of what it's like on the other side.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: December 29, 2018, 03:55:41 AM »
I donated all my Maakies books to Samaritans and now I can never go to that charity shop again, because that one person who donated the numerous books full of absolute filth will be pretty flipping recognisable. :|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: December 29, 2018, 01:01:45 PM »
Thank you Taffeta and banditpony. :) It looks like I picked the same time as many other people to start reading Fruits Basket. I checked my city's libraries online catalog and only two branches have a few of the volumes.
Hopefully all of the stores that carry Fruits Basket will restock soon. or I can find them on Ebay. I really want the Collector's Edition volumes.

Today's trivial complaint. Yesterday I bought a DVD set that was secured with an anti theft device. After the cashier rang it up she placed it in the shopping bag without removing the anti theft device. When I questioned her, she said that I would have to take it up front to "the employee wearing yellow" to have it removed. It surprised me that I had to go to another employee instead of the cashier having the key to remove the anti theft device.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal