collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467699 times)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1005 on: September 01, 2018, 10:28:15 PM »
I went into a store and asked a question about a facial cream to the wrong person.. the very knowledgable seller went allover my case, looked at my face and told me she was a skintherapist and started recommending other stuff, oils, even washing detergent. She then gave me her email and instagram and told me to email a picture of all the things I use on my face and body so she can see what is good for me and not and perhaps recommend something similar but better instead. I felt a bit overwhelmed. A two minute errand turned into a 15 minute lecture and now I have a store in the mall I work at which I'll never set my foot in again. Sigh.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1006 on: September 02, 2018, 06:12:29 AM »
Sitting in my new room minding my own business when someone starts trying to force unlock the door using a key card. Thinking they have the wrong room, I ignore it. It stops, and then a few minutes later, they come back. And this time they MANAGE TO OPEN IT.

I have no idea who the person was. She looked at me, went, "Oh, Sorry," and then left. No explanation. Nothing. But now I am majorly freaked out. I mean, I can deal with people making mistakes, but it's that time of year when rooms are getting cleared and cleaners are in sorting and removing junk. I don't want my room cleared when I've just moved in by someone who doesn't have the right to access my room...?

Also, I want to go have a shower, but you know...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 02, 2018, 02:39:56 PM »
Sitting in my new room minding my own business when someone starts trying to force unlock the door using a key card. Thinking they have the wrong room, I ignore it. It stops, and then a few minutes later, they come back. And this time they MANAGE TO OPEN IT.

I have no idea who the person was. She looked at me, went, "Oh, Sorry," and then left. No explanation. Nothing. But now I am majorly freaked out. I mean, I can deal with people making mistakes, but it's that time of year when rooms are getting cleared and cleaners are in sorting and removing junk. I don't want my room cleared when I've just moved in by someone who doesn't have the right to access my room...?

Also, I want to go have a shower, but you know...

If it was me, I think I would have smiled sweetly and said, "Good thing I just unpacked my gun," and watched her run out.  But I would definitely contact whoever is in charge of your dorms and let them know that people are breaking into your rooms and ask if you can have a deadbolt added to your door.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 02, 2018, 03:13:17 PM »
In order to get in my room she would have to have access to a pass key so she is probably a warden but I will take it up with the manager tomorrow. Meanwhile the door is double locked.

I expect it was an accident and she hit the wrong room but ut freaked me out.

Also...if I had a gun I would be arrested or evicted . ..UK gun laws are pretty strict ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 02, 2018, 04:00:23 PM »
Saying you have a gun and actually having one are two different things.  Even if she reported you for claiming to have one, she'd have to explain why she was in your room in the first place and you could deny saying gun.  You could claim you said something about gum and she must have misheard you.  Then again, I am a little evil.  :devious:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 02, 2018, 04:25:54 PM »
I’m sorry that happened Taffeta. :hug:

I was on a school trip once and we had to share rooms with two or more people. The girls in my room got to where they would leave the door to the room propped open and I was frightened that someone would find the door and come in.

My trivial complaint today is my local bookstore.  I bought the first volume of a 3 volume series a few weeks ago. When I went back to buy Volume 2 and 3 Volume 2 had been sold. This wouldnt normally be a problem but last time I wanted to buy the next 2 volumes in a series my bookstore never restocked one of the last volumes and I had to order it.  I hope they restock the missing volume soon.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: September 03, 2018, 12:20:37 AM »
Saying you have a gun and actually having one are two different things.  Even if she reported you for claiming to have one, she'd have to explain why she was in your room in the first place and you could deny saying gun.  You could claim you said something about gum and she must have misheard you.  Then again, I am a little evil.  :devious:

Yeah...it's just something that culturally wouldn't happen in the UK if you didn't want to have a police raid in your room.

At my old place, they used to leave the corridor door (that led outside) open at night. True, it was some floors up and a sheer drop, but basically it was wide open and anyone could have climbed up to come in or out if they had really wanted to.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 12:22:19 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 03, 2018, 06:36:30 AM »
The valve pipe on the toilet broke, thankfully my twin was home to shut it off, and mop up the water. If neither of us had been home, it would have gone down the grate, into the duct work, down the wall, and into the furnace.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: September 03, 2018, 07:49:01 AM »
My laptop forcibly updating and restarting itself while I was trying to enjoy my lunch break on my laptop. It gave me warning, but absolutely no way to delay it. That's ridiculous. What if I had been doing something important like taking a quiz for my online class?

|My Collection|

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 03, 2018, 07:59:44 AM »
My laptop forcibly updating and restarting itself while I was trying to enjoy my lunch break on my laptop. It gave me warning, but absolutely no way to delay it. That's ridiculous. What if I had been doing something important like taking a quiz for my online class?

Mine did that one on a train when I had no plug socket access. I was so worried about the battery giving out midway...computers are so evil :(

My hall manager thinks the invader in my room was a cleaner and he's dealing with it. Hopefully it won't happen again :) .

So last night I was talking to one of my good friends who I lived with during my MA year. She's from India (she just moved from Delhi to Mumbai) and in talking I realised we haven't seen each other face to face for five years. Time has gone so fast :( I miss her. It also reminded me that I'm losing another friend in a month or so when she goes back to Israel full time. I love my university because I get to meet and make friends with people all over the world. But sometimes I also hate it because they all ultimately go back home :/

And to make matters worse, one of my good BRITISH friends is still living in Saitama -.-.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 11:48:28 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 03, 2018, 03:07:22 PM »
A friend wanted to see the new movie Alpha. I had only seen a couple of advertisements and didn't realize that the entire film would be subtitled.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with films that are dubbed in to English or subtitled but it's something that I think should have been shown in the trailers.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 04, 2018, 12:54:49 PM »
So I kind of deliberately made a point of mentioning to my housemate that I'm really stressed at the moment, thinking he might possess the intellectual capacity to gather that means "maybe don't rant at me ad nauseam about *arena-inappropriate language goes here* you've read in a tabloid" but of course, he immediately brings up politics from his oh-so-very-enlightened and wonderfully informed perspective. I just don't care anymore, keep politics away from me, it's too much of a snakepit to even so much as glance at it sideways at this point. I need to learn to shut people down when they bring up political issues at me because they never want a discussion, they just want to try to validate their own views via medium of the screaming match. And I am just so done with meaningless conflicts at this point in my life. :pout:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1017 on: September 04, 2018, 05:13:42 PM »
I need to learn to shut people down when they bring up political issues at me because they never want a discussion, they just want to try to validate their own views via medium of the screaming match. And I am just so done with meaningless conflicts at this point in my life. :pout:

Ugh, same.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 05, 2018, 01:23:19 AM »

I need to learn to shut people down when they bring up political issues at me because they never want a discussion, they just want to try to validate their own views via medium of the screaming match. And I am just so done with meaningless conflicts at this point in my life. :pout:

Can relate. I genuinely don't want anything to do with any of British politics at the moment either. It's not like anyone making the decisions is really listening to anyone but themselves anyway, and the more I think about it, the more annoyed it makes me...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: September 05, 2018, 08:18:49 PM »
I had my disability hearing today. My mom went with as my witness and my sister drove. My dad didn't say anything before I left and when I got home the only thing he had to say was that the internet wasn't working and could I fix it :sad:

You have my sympathies.

I had my tribunal hearing a couple of weeks ago. It was a horrible experience :/ I hope yours works out in your favour. It's taken a year to get to this point with mine and although they upheld my appeal, I still have yet to hear anything about it or whether it's going to be dragged out longer.

I'm glad your mum and sister at least were there to support you :/

Both of you have my sympathies,it's not easy and I just started with a minimum 15-18 months before a hearing date. Am glad I've gotten this far but I'm terfiec what it means for my future.

My new iPhone 5s started not accepting certain calls,so I'm calling my carrier again tomorrow. The worst part is my best friend is having to borrow it while her's is being fixed. So we both could be missing calls.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal