collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is Euro Family Pony Hair Texture?  (Read 441 times)

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
What is Euro Family Pony Hair Texture?
« on: August 29, 2012, 04:07:55 PM »
Recently...
I got one of those 'family ponies', the ones who are supposed to have horizontal stripes on their hair. She's rather frizzed and rusty, but I'm always game for a good round of restoration. So I was de-frizzing her hair, and once all the krinkles/frizzle loops etc were out of it...I noticed the texture is sort of different? It doesn't feel like normal pony hair, even normal but restored pony hair. It's 'rougher' somehow, and doesn't look the same smoothness in the light.

Is this the same way on all Family Ponies?
Is it some effect of them being able to dye the hair that way at the factory?
Or is it just an effect of this pony being old/abused/frizzled & etc?

I didn't restore all the hair yet, because I'm not sure if I have to replace it/part of it if it stays permenently bad/horrible looking. HOWEVER...textured hair like that, if it's the real thing, I wouldn't want to ever get rid of because you can't replace it with dollyhair and have it look authentic any more.

Can anyone who owns more than one of these family members help to clear this up? It's Mommy Meadowsweet, if that makes any sort of difference.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: What is Euro Family Pony Hair Texture?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 05:19:16 PM »
Lol...ok having just stood at my shelf "feeling" pony hair...

Actually yes I think you are right its almost as though the hair surface has a rougher texture - its not as noticeable on the babies but its certainly there on the adults - its very minor though! That was all 6 of them compared to other ponies [I used Bon Bon]. All I can hazard a guess at is that it must be to do with the way the hair has been treated to get the gradient finish.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal