collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 411211 times)

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #2760 on: October 09, 2022, 02:44:18 PM »
I also think G4 fans would do better to ditch the 'brony' tag. It's become the epicentre of the toxic, and will always be associated with the bad stuff.
I understand why people would think this, but for me, I'm keeping the title - not only am I nostalgic towards the brony fandom, in spite of its flaws, I also feel that keeping the title, and acting like a good fan is a better way to go - show the world that it doesn't have to have that reputation (which, in my experience it is already moving away from, for the most part.) - that's how I choose to look at it anyway, I respect those that don't.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Shadowperla

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: October 09, 2022, 03:45:00 PM »
I hope they make Misty, but I hope they don't give her pre -crimped hair. It'll get tangled in the toy box really fast. Let kids and collectors crimp it if they like.

*gets afraid I ruin hair cause I like this pony*  :cry:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: October 09, 2022, 05:02:51 PM »
I have never cared much about Starflower before, but something about the new BF Blind box one really appeals to me.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 05:10:28 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #2763 on: October 09, 2022, 05:11:57 PM »
I hope they make Misty, but I hope they don't give her pre -crimped hair. It'll get tangled in the toy box really fast. Let kids and collectors crimp it if they like.
How about, instead of normal nylon hair, we get a perfume puff-esque Misty. :biggrin: *fingers crossed*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: October 09, 2022, 05:13:45 PM »
How about, instead of normal nylon hair, we get a perfume puff-esque Misty. :biggrin: *fingers crossed*

Ugh no. Perfume puff hair bothers me, it looks like it came with hopelessly untameable frizz right out of the package and that it would be a nightmare to restore second hand. But I could totally see people making PP customs of her.

Color changing hair could be fun on her though.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 05:16:12 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2765 on: October 10, 2022, 12:23:45 AM »

I freely admit I don't know who Misty is, since I haven't watched any of the new G5 stuff, but perfume puff hair is awesome. I think this may be an unpopular opinion, but I don't mind xD. It's so much fun to comb.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: October 10, 2022, 06:40:11 AM »

I freely admit I don't know who Misty is, since I haven't watched any of the new G5 stuff, but perfume puff hair is awesome. I think this may be an unpopular opinion, but I don't mind xD. It's so much fun to comb.

She's a blue unicorn with fabulously crimped purple and green hair. Her colors are pretty anyway, it reminds me a bit of G3 Seaspray and G3 Daybreak. I don't watch the show either, but sometimes I like to look at new ponies.

https://g5mlp.fandom.com/wiki/Misty/Gallery
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 07:03:10 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: October 10, 2022, 11:46:23 AM »
Quote from: Ragamuffin
link=topic=385476.msg1886920#msg1886920
I didn't like Pinkie Pie as a child when I was the target demographic for G3. I liked her at the start because she was the "little sister" but as time went on and she became the "leader" I didn't like it.

This is going back in the thread a bit, but I never noticed that change with G3 Pinkie Pie - aside from that one moment when she did math in "A Charmin Birthday" in a childish way ("If we add up one charm bracelet to the seven... to me, that adds up to eight." or something like that) - she never felt like the "little sister" character to me, she always seemed on the same level as the other "in general" ponies, and even took the lead in "A Charming Birthday" to some extent, so she always had leadership qualities to me, I guess...

No offense, just putting my two cents in there.

For the record I love G3 Pinkie Pie, but respect those who don't (she's super-adorable for me.  ^_^)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 01:03:48 PM by MJNSEIFER »
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2768 on: October 10, 2022, 12:50:19 PM »

She's a blue unicorn with fabulously crimped purple and green hair. Her colors are pretty anyway, it reminds me a bit of G3 Seaspray and G3 Daybreak. I don't watch the show either, but sometimes I like to look at new ponies.

https://g5mlp.fandom.com/wiki/Misty/Gallery

Her hair looks kind of like tiny ringlets to me, based on that image. Cool colours :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #2769 on: October 10, 2022, 05:57:47 PM »
This is going back in the thread a bit, but I never noticed that change with G3 Pinkie Pie - aside from that one moment when she did math in "A Charmin Birthday" in a childish way ("If we add up one charm bracelet to the seven... to me, that adds up to eight." or something like that) - she never felt like the "little sister" character to me, she always seemed on the same level as the other "in general" ponies, and even took the lead in "A Charming Birthday" to some extent, so she always had leadership qualities to me, I guess...

For the record I love G3 Pinkie Pie, but respect those who don't (she's super-adorable for me.  ^_^)

I believe Ragamuffin may be referring to the backcard/story version of Pinkie rather than the cartoon. IIRC the two were quite different.

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: October 11, 2022, 07:18:45 AM »

I believe Ragamuffin may be referring to the backcard/story version of Pinkie rather than the cartoon. IIRC the two were quite different.
Ah, I see.  Thanks.

I forgot what she was like in the toyline/stories, if I knew - I'll check it out. :good:

Offline Queen Sophie

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Shy Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: October 11, 2022, 07:22:13 PM »
I don’t like the petite ponies, too small, looks a bit too simple for me, and no unicorns

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal