collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire  (Read 39563 times)

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2014, 07:01:23 PM »
Hey, guys, I have a couple of extra shiny gengar codes for pokemon X and Y!  PM me if you want one!  First come first served, of course.

The guy at Gamestop gave me some extras to give to friends since the promotion is ending really soon.  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2014, 12:18:41 AM »
sounds super cool! pming you :)

Flarewing

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2014, 06:59:32 AM »
Oh, wow, a thread for ORAS! Hi, and stuffs! :D Tiella and I are looking forward to acquiring our copies.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2014, 12:42:48 PM »
I have my copy of Sapphire pre-ordered. I am really looking forward to this game!
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2014, 01:50:14 PM »
Still, though, the ORAS demo is the first demo to be available to a wider public, rather than being an event-only game.

-snip snip snip-

Also, I wonder, if and when Nintendo will start distributing the legendary Pokemon that were found in the X and Y sourcecode along side Diancie (Hoopa and Volcanion).
That's why I said this was the first. I had heard about that other one, but I don't count it since it wasn't widely available to the public.

I know Hoopa will have to be distributed at some point since its mega evolution was discovered. Most likely through an event.  Volcanion... no idea. I haven't heard a thing about it.  I actually almost forgot about it.  :huh:

It's actually a little upsetting that we finally don't get bombarded with legendaries in a generation (I'm obviously not a fan of a ton of legendary Pokemon being introduced per generation), and we still can't get all of them.  There are only 6!  Come on!
Instagram / Want List

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2014, 03:49:54 PM »
Still, though, the ORAS demo is the first demo to be available to a wider public, rather than being an event-only game.

-snip snip snip-

Also, I wonder, if and when Nintendo will start distributing the legendary Pokemon that were found in the X and Y sourcecode along side Diancie (Hoopa and Volcanion).
That's why I said this was the first. I had heard about that other one, but I don't count it since it wasn't widely available to the public.

I know Hoopa will have to be distributed at some point since its mega evolution was discovered. Most likely through an event.  Volcanion... no idea. I haven't heard a thing about it.  I actually almost forgot about it.  :huh:

It's actually a little upsetting that we finally don't get bombarded with legendaries in a generation (I'm obviously not a fan of a ton of legendary Pokemon being introduced per generation), and we still can't get all of them.  There are only 6!  Come on!
Look on the bright side - at least now is it easier to get event pokemon, compared to 10+ years ago where if you didnt live in NYC or a MAJOR city you were basically out of luck.
Bt yeah, i totally agree with you about how it is still a pain to "catch em all". I wish you could get ALL event pokemon in the games/version without having to get a code or go somewhere or go online during a certain time frame, ect.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Moonracer

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2014, 05:29:26 PM »

-snip snip snip-

Oops... guess I misread your post then. Sorry 'bout that. ^^'

I actually don't mind a large number of legendaries - this is one of the main reasons why I love Gen 4 so much. For me the problem is when a majority of those of legendaries become event-only exclusives, like Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect and Victini were in Gen 5.

Then it really can become quite frustrating, especially when the distribution of these event-only Pokemon is limited and there's so many requirements for it.

At least things are getting better now. It seems that Nintendo and Gamefreak got the gist that "catching them all" is not the most fun part of the game. Hence all those upgrades to X and Y, including the improvement of the Global Trade Station and the Pokedex, so that event Pokemon aren't required for the Pokedex completion. Yeah, you still have to work things out a bit in certain events, like that shiny Gengar or Diancie, but it's still better from what it used to be.

At least, like MilkyTaroMochi said, it's still better than what things used to be like ten or maybe even more years ago. Like remember those Nintendo events that distributed Mew and Celebi? That must've been a real pain in the butt... I haven't been there when those took place (heck, we didn't even get those in our country), but from what I've read it must've been pretty tedious... travelling all those miles to a Nintendo event to get yourself that one special Pokemon...

Speaking of which I'm curious how they'll handle the Eon Ticket distribution. Hopefully it'll be just like in case of Gengar and Magmar/Electabuzz, in that they'll be handling out a piece of paper with a code on it.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 05:32:03 PM by Moonracer »

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2014, 05:46:45 PM »
One thing that frustraed me so much about the whole event pokemon thing was how in past games, they had actually programmed "stories/events" in game where you catch the pokemon ( like with needing that one ticket to get to a certain garden area to catch Shaymin, or that flute to get to where Arceus was in that one temple) and then they just straight up release the pokemon itself without having to do the event. It just bugged me.

It really was a pain to get event pokemon many years ago. My first event pokemon I was able to attend was that TRU Mew they distributed to celebrate the dvd release of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. I felt bad for that Nintendo rep that did it - he had to manually/individually trade the Mew to you in order to get it.

I am kinda "set" when it comes to Jirachi, since I still have that Pokemon Colloseum pre-order bonus disk that allows you to transfer Jirachi from that disk to your GBA Ruby/Sapphire game. After I transfer over my team pokemon to PokeBank, i plan to restart my Sapphire and turn it into a "Jirachi machine". 

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2014, 08:31:00 PM »
OMG. Event pokemon.... I cried in frustration so many times. I hated that, because I grew up in Idaho. NOTHING ever came with like, 100 miles of me.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Beachball

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://pokemontreasury.tumblr.com/
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2014, 09:29:34 AM »
Never did get the newsletter with the demo code. :( I had my profile on Pokémon.com set to receive about e-mails bout promotions and stuff. There's other ways to get the demo but what if that newsletter had been the only way to obtain the code. In the very beginning it looked like get demo code from this newsletter or don't play the demo. Guess I'll see about getting the code with purchase of the two Gameboy Color titles for 3DS in November. I'd be far behind getting the demo by then but if I could just get it I wouldn't care then about having waited longer to play it. I'm excited to sample OR/AS!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 06:40:18 PM by Beachball »

My Pokémon Blog: http://pokemontreasury.tumblr.com/

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2014, 01:02:11 PM »
Am I the only one soooo excited about Diance event!??  :D

Hahaha I also STILL have my special Jirachi from gamecube! :P Hes chillin in my X version right now! Who I really need is flipping Darkrai. I wish they would have done a Darkrai Event this month since its Halloween and all. I never got the chance to get him!
Im also missing shaymin :/

BTW its was a PAIN to get the event Mew and Celebi as a kid. There used to be lines with people playing with their gameboys at Toys R Us LOL. 

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2014, 01:20:40 PM »
Am I the only one soooo excited about Diance event!??  :D

Hahaha I also STILL have my special Jirachi from gamecube! :P Hes chillin in my X version right now! Who I really need is flipping Darkrai. I wish they would have done a Darkrai Event this month since its Halloween and all. I never got the chance to get him!
Im also missing shaymin :/

BTW its was a PAIN to get the event Mew and Celebi as a kid. There used to be lines with people playing with their gameboys at Toys R Us LOL.
i already have a Diancie beforehand, but I am still excited for it finally getting a US release! :D

I do wish they rerelease the older event Pokemon. Such as Manaphy - that one is probably the hardest to get since you could only get it from that Pokemon Ranger game, and you had to connect to the internet (or do something that was a limited time only event).
I think I have all the event pokemon pre-Gen 6, but spread out in my GBA/DS games. This month would have been perfect for Darkrai...but we instead get a Pumpkaboo. xD

Moonracer

« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2014, 02:42:33 PM »
Reading all those posts makes me so glad that those days are finally over. Another thing I remember is that when you submitted something around 900+ or so Pokemon into My Pokemon Ranch, you'd be able to get Mew.

And about that programmed in but never actually utilized methods in games - I remember that during Gen 2, there was this method of obtaining Celebi that was Japan-only. Japanese version of Pokemon Crystal had this thing called Pokemon Mobile System GB, in which one could hook-up their own Gameboy to a compatible cellphone via Gameboy Mobile Adapter and activate a quasi-multiplayer mode. It was through this particular app, that the GS ball was being distributed. Then after bringing it to the Ilex Forest Shrine, one could activate the Celebi event.

But of course none of this was available anywhere else. And it bothered all of us kids, because we were so desperate to get a Celebi. I remember one of my friends attempting to get Celebi via the Sneazle egg-cloning glitch, but I don't know if he ever succeeded...

Gosh, now that I think of it, all those methods were so complex and tedious... like Nintendo and Gamefreak took great pleasure in torturing all of us, poor saps... like, remember Pokemon Stadium and how you had to work off your butt to get a Surfing Pikachu? Or the search for Mew? Dear lord... XD

But, like I said, glad things are getting better... though I do also think that it'd be really cool if they could somehow bring back all the old event Pokemon.

It's especially frustrating since, if you go to the event data base on Serebii, you'll see that the Japanese gamers, for instance, have had more events involving legendaries than the rest of the world.

Not only did they get to obtain Diancie before everyone else, but they also got Darkrai and even a legit shiny Jirachi(!!). And now on December 1st, they'll be having this special event for the ORAS games, where they'll be able to obtain Keldeo, Victini and Shaymin.

Though I do hope that they'll eventually toss us a bone, and they'll be able to pamper us big time with the return of Eon ticket. One thing I really do hope is the comeback of Mew and Deoxys, and maybe even the three legendary beasts from Johto. 

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2014, 03:16:18 PM »
Funny thing is that for Pokemon Stadium, it's kinda easier/faster to get Surf Pikachu (beat R2 Prime Cup Master Ball with the Pikachu from Pokemon Yellow, using it in every match) than it was to get Amnesia Psyduck (register all 151 pokemon into the Hall of Fame, but you can rent Mew once you beat R1).  xD
And it turns out you actually CAN catch a legit Mew in the original Red and Blue games, granted it's due to a glitch. xD Too bad most of us didnt know this back then.

But I so remember being bummed out about Celebi in Gold/Silver. I eventually just got a Gameshark and used that to catch as many Celebi' i wanted. xD i do wish that everyone had access to most, if not all" of the events that Japan gets. I want a legit Shiny Jirachi, too!
I almost forgot that Zorua and Zoroark were event-only Pokemon in Black/White 1. IIRC, you had to have an event Celebi for Zorua, and one of the shiny Suicune/Entei/Raikou to get Zoroark. But for that one, at least they "gave you" Zorua's pic so you could look it up in the GTS.

I admit that I am happy that at least my all-time favorite legendary Pokemon isn't an event-only Pokemon (Mewtwo).

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2014, 09:38:25 PM »
Never did get the newsletter with the demo code. :( I had my profile on Pokémon.com set to receive about e-mails bout promotions and stuff. There's other ways to get the demo but what if that newsletter had been the only way to obtain the code. In the very beginning it looked like get demo code from this newsletter or don't play the demo. Guess I'll see about getting the code with purchase of the two Gameboy Color titles for 3DS in November. I'd be far behind getting the demo by then but if I could just get it I wouldn't care then about having waited longer to play it. I'm excited to sample OR/AS!
I'm for sure buying one of the GBC titles (the TCG game to be exact.) I already have the demo from the newsletter but if you want the code that'll come with my game I'll be happy to give it to you. Feel free to poke me on the 13th when the TCG game comes out if I forget!

Duster reference]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal