collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High returns again!  (Read 33047 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High returns again!
« Reply #510 on: April 24, 2024, 11:56:35 AM »
https://creations.mattel.com/products/monster-high-creature-from-the-black-lagoon-doll-hwv26

Creature from the Black Lagoon launches on friday! I am a bit shocked it comes so soon after Operetta and wasn't announced in the release calendar MC usually has available. I will try to get her, she's perfect to me and sadly the MH haters are loving her, too :lol: Trying to get her might crash the site again, we'll see.

Offline DEStokes

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 24, 2024, 12:30:43 PM »
I’m really liking her, too.  I feel like a lot of thought went into her design and making things stand out while being basically the same color. 
~Sales~ :socks: Wants~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #512 on: April 24, 2024, 01:46:35 PM »
I do love her colour scheme. I've neither the revenue or the space to even try and follow these dolls, but I do love seeing all the special editions they put out.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 24, 2024, 08:06:33 PM »
I would've preferred a darker or "uglier" green for The Creature, but she's cool. Idk if I'll be trying for her. Probably not.

But today I found monster fest Frankie at wally world, so I was pretty psyched about that!

I wish Lagoona or Clawdeen was there as well, but I'll take what I can get!!!
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 24, 2024, 11:06:16 PM »
I hope the site doesn’t crash! I won’t be getting her but she is beautiful. 

Also, Shockponie your Frankie looks great! I love the darker lipstick.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 25, 2024, 06:36:56 PM »
Thanks brightberry! Today I found Clawdeen. Still no Lagoona to be found, but it's still early.
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: Yesterday at 03:38:14 AM »
So, a lot of Fang Club members couldn't get Creature at the pre-sale because she sold out in 3 minutes.
Resellers are already saying they got from 30 to 60 dolls due to a "glitch" that allowed them to get as many as they wanted. It's either a lie or something's fishy at Mattel.

About the playline dolls:
What's weird to me is how they are distributing G3 dolls. Back in the day, G1s and G2s would come out about the same time as in the US. But with G3 some lines get weirdly chopped up such as Refresh: we got Frankie just now but have to expect Lagoona and Cleo at a much later date for unknown reasons. Some dolls appear about a year later (such as Sig Toralei here) and some lines pop up when they are no longer relevant (Creepover).

I'm not all mad about this because it leads to older dolls going on sale faster as newer lines come in, but what the heck is going on? Other doll lines don't have this problem, even other Mattel dolls such as Barbie. Are retailers suddenly afraid of MH? I don't think G3 is creepy in any way and closer to Enchantimals or Mix Pixlings and those sell like hotcakes

In other words: I want to get G3 Venus and can't buy her :lol:

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: Yesterday at 08:49:11 AM »
The overseas distribution of G3 really is weird :( It takes so long for anything new to turn up over here that it's basically killed my interest in the line. I mean, I still love it and there's G3 dolls I'd love to get, but when I don't know when or even IF they'll turn up over here, it's hard to keep up the enthusiasm... especially since shipping from the US is even more expensive now than it was back in the G1 days, so that's not really an option now either :/

The Creature is cool! She's not one I'd be interested in getting personally, but I like her.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #518 on: Yesterday at 09:17:18 AM »
I saw Venus today, actually. Her hair is interesting bordering on weird and she's very green. I'm assuming that's the new sig doll? I haven't paid a lot of attention to which versions are what, but I did see the creepover Twyla as well. This was Smyths, I should have taken a picture but I didn't think of it. They had a lot of dolls. There was a lala with a hat, I remember that. There was that horrible ghoulia wannabe thing and I remember a Clawdeen and a Frankie. Oh, and Toralei with a concerning amount of long hair. I don't like short haired dolls but she really didn't look like herself. Any of these sound familiar?

I would've thought distribution over there would be on a similar timeline to here, and this is not exactly the cutting edge of new items, LOL :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: Yesterday at 10:34:12 AM »
I would've thought distribution over there would be on a similar timeline to here, and this is not exactly the cutting edge of new items, LOL :)

I think Smyths UK has a better range than Smyths Germany. We don't have Venus (yes she's the newest character) or the Refresh line (Drac with a hat, Frankie in striped shorts, etc) and we also don't have the wannabe Ghoulia  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal