collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cats Vs Pickles  (Read 7485 times)

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: Cats Vs Pickles
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2022, 01:24:30 PM »
One of us! One of us! :frolic: :silly:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2022, 06:59:26 PM »
How are we doing lately, C vs P collectors?

I'm sad because I STILL have not seen any gold wave in my area. I've checked Target and Walmart, and I've seen nothing. :cry: And we didn't get them in the store where I work, either.

So I caved in and bought a bunch of them off ebay. ^^; I hated to pay $10-12 for each bean, but some of them are so cute, I just couldn't resist! I got the Claude Monet kitty and the peacock and the Dory fish... hmm... now that I think of it, blue is obviously my favorite color when it comes to C vs P. ^^;

I'll do a little photo shoot when they arrive! I've been seeing some new chonks appearing on ebay, too, so it seems like the gold wave chonks are out there now. Or soon will be. I just wish I could find them in stores! Hunting on ebay is fun, but for a collector, part of the thrill is the thrill of the hunt. I like going to different stores and seeing which ones I can find. It's sad when I can't find any of them anywhere local. :(
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2022, 06:06:51 AM »
Can't wait to see the photos! :)

I've been having trouble finding open (not-blind) boxes of gold wave. Or more accurately, open boxes that aren't the exact same assortment! :/ For some reason the only ones I can find are the ones that were supposed to only be in the limited edition "blue stripe" bags, what's up with that? I thought those ones were going to be blind bag only. :what: I love CvP but gosh the distribution is confusing sometimes, lol. I can find the gold blind bags okay, but I'd rather just buy them loose off eBay than end up with a bunch of doubles.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2022, 10:30:42 AM »
Haha I had the same thought, I saw a ton of the 'special' blue stripe ones on ebay for cheaper and I thought "I thought those were going to be hard to get or something?"

The distribution for this brand is definitely strange. I am used to companies saying "series 1" or "series 2" for their sets, especially if it's like a blind bag assortment. But this company goes with colors. Then you throw in that sometimes they're loose and sometimes they're in blind bags. And there's different sizes and some characters you can get different sizes and some are unique to a certain size. Plus each wave has like 50+ unique characters... And then they added dogs and donuts and bears (oh my!) it's all just crazy! Partly that's why I like it, but partly it's really annoying. XD

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2022, 10:35:34 AM »
Yeah, plus it seems like some of the characters might repeat across waves? Going off some of the eBay listings I've seen. I could be mistaken though.

It's fun in the sense that it makes the hunt for 'em exciting cause you never really know what you'll find, but at the same time, it sure is frustrating x)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2022, 01:31:46 PM »
I promised to take some pics so here are my new babies! Also my puppers!

One of these things is not like the other~

I adore when they mimic other animals. The peacock guy is so pretty! Clawed Monet is definitely my favorite tho. Those soft colors, yum!

One of these things too~ hahaha

Sorry I'm not very good at taking photos. But I do love these little guys! I take them with me to lunch with friends, who regard me with fond exasperation. XD

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2022, 06:56:50 PM »
UGH so I can't believe it but we finally got Cats vs. Pickles in our newest shipment at our store! But... not what I was hoping for.  :sad: We got the blind bag Kittens vs. Gherkins, which I'm not going to collect, and then we got a box of LAST year's Christmas beans.  :blink: I don't know why that happened! Maybe there was just extra stock from last year at the warehouses and they decided to hold them til the next holiday season.

I guess it isn't all bad, because I will buy a couple that I passed on last year (reindeer kitty!) but I've been really hoping to find gold wave beans and chonks and still no luck.  :shakefist:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2022, 08:55:39 PM »
Looks like CvP is doing a kickstarter for a game! It's already funded, and of course there's a lot of extra beans you can buy as add ons, both exclusive and non.

https://www.mlparena.com/projects/cepia/cats-vs-pickles-mayhem

I'm tempted to buy it just for some of the beans. But... I dunno, $30 just for the game and then extra for all the different bean sets... some of which I could probably get in the regular sets (not the game and Kickstarter exclusives, of course.)

I don't play these sort of family/party games, so if I did get it, I would just try to resell it, but... seems like a lot of work just to get some cute beans lol. Plus shipping will probably be expensive.

My favorites are the Jacky bean, the Eep Oop bean from the expansion pack (but if I get him I have to break my 'no collecting pickles, just cats' rule XD ), Black Cat Lagoon, and Dragon Kitty!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2022, 09:17:40 AM »
I wasn't going to back the kickstarter because I don't want a game (also because there's a virtual pet site one I'd rather throw money at). I kind of just want the stickers. XD

I found the Kittens Gherkins at five below and I love that they come with stickers! My local five belows have been great at getting CVP stock in, although I've gotten a few gold waves at Walmart.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2022, 05:25:19 PM »
I think Mr Moneybags looks nice, but I think I'll be skipping this one too.. I know I wouldn't play the game, and he's cute but idk if he's $30 + shipping (god knows how much THAT would be :lol:) and hassle of selling all the other stuff cute, you know? x)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2022, 08:58:34 PM »
Gah, I found three different bookstores carrying the Christmas Cats vs Pickles beans and all of them were the ones from LAST year. How annoying! Do you think they cancelled the plan to have new ones for this year, or are they just trying to get rid of the extra stock of last years before they put out the new ones?

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2022, 07:44:18 AM »
Oh I hope it's just old stock and not that anything's been cancelled! :( I was really looking forward to the new ones, they're so much cuter than last year's batch IMO.

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2022, 12:59:55 PM »
The limited edition Snowball bean is back! (With a new tag to differentiate him from the original edition)

https://shop.catsvpickles.com/products/cats-vs-pickles-exclusive-snowball

I'd like to get him, but shipping to the UK is sooo pricey. :cry:

Still, it's nice that they're reissuing him. looks like some people on Instagram are already whinging because their toy's no longer as ~*valuable*~ :P Silly. I'm glad they changed the tag so you can tell the two editions apart, though, that's nice.

edit 06/11: UK peeps - Claire's has last year's Xmas CvPs in stock, good for if you missed them like I did :) I'm very tempted by Topper. Wish they were this year's wave though, I like them much better.

Also I may have caved and ordered a Snowball after all :P

edit 07/11: Oh duh - I'm an idiot, Claire's DOES have this year's Xmas beans in stock! I was updating the wiki last night and realized my mistake x) Went hunting for 'em today and found three, hopefully going on another hunt tomorrow. Fingers crossed I find Granny Runway :B She's my most-wanted right now.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 01:02:35 PM by Carrehz »

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2022, 10:47:10 AM »
i won one of these at an arcade over the summer (looks kind of like a hot dog?) could not stop passing him around in my hands the entire evening lol :)

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2022, 04:44:33 PM »
I got the other Xmas 2022 beans I was after! They're soooo cute. Not too keen on buying them from Claire's since their prices are so high >_< but I'm not sure if these'll show up anywhere else here, and I'd rather buy them in person than online if I can.

UK peeps - Smyths Toys currently has ALL Chonks (including Dogs vs Squirls!) for £4.99 each! I couldn't resist and snagged Rosie ^^ Still don't plan to start collecting the Chonks if I can help it, but she's my favourite.

I asked some Qs about the line over on Reddit recently, I got some very helpful answers so I'm gonna link the thread on here, in case it'll be any help to you guys too ^^

https://reddit.com/r/CatsVsPickles/comments/yp8m4u/got_some_questions_about_cvp/

Mostly questions about distribution, batches, etc but I also found out that MORE Gold Wave CvPs have been previewed! Apparently these went up on the site briefly before being taken down, presumably these will be released later? I'll repost the pics here for y'all:

(Checklist pix in spoiler tags)
Spoiler
BEANS

Most of these we've already seen, but the last two are new!

The top 2 lines and most of the third line are new here. omg I NEED Catascope!!! I really want Aurora too. (or - Celesticat? I think they switched the names of those two, lol. The starry one.)

CHONKS

(Not sure which of these are new since I don't really keep up with the other sizes)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal