collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ~~ Make A Wish (List) Swap ~~ Complete - THANK YOU EVERYONE!  (Read 53498 times)

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
Re: ~~ Make A Wish (List) Swap ~~ Lets Get Shopping! All Questions in 1st Post
« Reply #810 on: August 04, 2012, 09:04:57 AM »
Oh no I haven't wrapped anything, but I cannot decide if I want to go with my previous theme or not. Hmm, so I wanted to go with some suggestions of wrapping the pony then sticking them in a zip lock bag. If I use bright colored tissue paper or glittery paper will it hurt the pony to be sitting in it for like a month before I ship?

I am  not in this swap but please do  not wrap your ponies in colored tissue paper.  This has the potential to ruin them badly.  Your best bet is to use white and a baggie first...then you may wrap the bagged pony in colored tissue paper.  Tissue paper that is colored will bleed.  Put a piece in water and see what happens.  Because of the fact its hot all over the USA right now a pony coming from a cooler climate may sweat leaving and going to a hotter one...or vice versa.  That condensation will hit that colored tissue paper and bleed onto the pony and ruin it.  Also if you plan on wrapping ponies ahead of time, I always take the extra step of wrapping the hair first so it won't rest on the pony's body and possibly cause a dye transfer from being on the body for a long period of time.  I use tisue paper or perm papers for this. ;)  I don't know if this would happen, but when I am in swaps I worry about something going wrong with my partner's gift...so I take precautions.  Not to intrude or anything...just saw this post.... :satisfied:

Thanks for the great tips, tulagirl!  I don't take chances with coloured tissue paper, but it never occurred to me to wrap the hair, too!  :blink:  I was recently talking to another pony collector who also suggested putting something soft between the pony's legs before shipping to prevent them getting warped in transit.  So many things to think of, wow...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 04, 2012, 09:22:32 AM »
I've never heard of the hair itself causing stains.  Most ponies seem to arrive with their hair wrapped nicely around their legs. 

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 04, 2012, 09:53:28 AM »
Thanks for the great tips, tulagirl!  I don't take chances with coloured tissue paper, but it never occurred to me to wrap the hair, too!  :blink:  I was recently talking to another pony collector who also suggested putting something soft between the pony's legs before shipping to prevent them getting warped in transit.  So many things to think of, wow...

yes I like to use wadded up white toilet paper but bubble wrap roll works well too.  This is important if you are using a narrow box, shipping internationally, or packing a lot of things in a box.

I've never heard of the hair itself causing stains.  Most ponies seem to arrive with their hair wrapped nicely around their legs. 

Yes hair is the number one reason you have these colored marker like stains on ponies. A lot of these stains are caused by poor storage of ponies, in a hot envionrments.  So if you are shipping in the heat...and wrapped way early like a month or so...I just like to play it safe. I have seen photos on the arena where the hair was resting on the pony body and caused stains over time.  It does happen..it also happens to the ponies we leave MIB. I am just not sure how long it takes, but with vintage ponies I don't  like to take any chances.  I have a G3 pony I kept in a bin for a month. Took her out and her body is ruined. Her own hair turned her pink where it was resting on her body.  Just in that short amount of time.  Yiks ya know. :huh:  Chances are it won't happen with a swap box...but the longer they are wrapped up before you mail it..well...you never know.  I have never seen it happen in a weeks time of shipping either..it takes more time than that.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 09:59:59 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 04, 2012, 10:22:48 AM »
Wow scary thoughts!  And now I want to go check all my ponies that are not out!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 04, 2012, 10:29:20 AM »
I'm just glad someone answered my question since  it was left behind there, and I was unsure.    :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 04, 2012, 10:32:02 AM »
Tulagirl always has great advice!  I am 100% in agreement with her on the tissue paper.  I KNOW there was a post a while ago about a pony being wrapped in tissue that got wet and the pink color bled on the pony.

As a total aside, Happy Birthday Jupiter a few weeks late!!  Clearly we're not old at all!!!!

Ok, I have a small question:
Do you wear bracelets at all?  If I were to send you and "Alex and Ani" bracelet, would you wear it?  One of the crystal ones, not the charm styles. 

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #816 on: August 04, 2012, 10:54:03 AM »

Bracelets:
I wera bracelets - but I don't know Ani and Alex.  :P

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 04, 2012, 10:55:24 AM »

Bracelets:
I wera bracelets - but I don't know Ani and Alex.  :P

This XD
I won another pony for my partner today :D

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 04, 2012, 11:17:26 AM »
added to original post!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 05:47:40 AM by Buddafly »
looking into a re-branding.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 04, 2012, 11:19:44 AM »
That's good to know about the tissue paper! Does wrapping paper do the same? And is white tissue paper ok to put between the hair so the hair won't fade on the body? I for sure will take all precautions! I can't imagine getting a bunch of ruined ponies :(

Bracelets:
Yes, yes, yes! I LOVE bracelets and I love crystals and jewels! I've never heard of Alex and Ani, but YESSS to bracelets! They are my favorite piece of jewelry :)
My Wish List

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 04, 2012, 11:26:51 AM »
I like bracelets.  Especially crystals!  I wear them for belly dancing

Offline RedLynx

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 04, 2012, 11:29:19 AM »
Waiting for one more auction to end and that will or won't be my last pony!  All my extras have arrived, so anything else will be random must have finds.  Still debating on using a theme or just making my box look nice. 

I'm sorry, partner, but consolidating would be a real nightmare for me using my phone. It is already very snarky about posting. 

Lochness, I am 33 and had my kids at 32 and my mom had me at 32, too!

The bracelets look pretty, but I probably wouldn't wear it often.

Post Merge: August 04, 2012, 11:29:35 AM

Waiting for one more auction to end and that will or won't be my last pony!  All my extras have arrived, so anything else will be random must have finds.  Still debating on using a theme or just making my box look nice. 

I'm sorry, partner, but consolidating would be a real nightmare for me using my phone. It is already very snarky about posting. 

Lochness, I am 33 and had my kids at 32 and my mom had me at 32, too!

The bracelets look pretty, but I probably wouldn't wear it often.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 04, 2012, 11:39:35 AM »
I can't start shopping until next payday. I wanna try to get all my partner's ponies in one fell swoop. Would be nice if I could find them all from the same seller.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline sparkleset80

• Trade Count: (+178)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 04, 2012, 01:36:50 PM »
HEY PARTNER!  :wave: Look on page 4 for all my answers to questions condensed! I have a few more to answer but that's where I'll be updating my answers to all these questions!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 04, 2012, 02:05:33 PM »
I'm working on putting all my questions together now. :P

Hmm alright important question guys since everyone is giving shipping advice. Tell me if this will work please.

Wrapping ponies in white tissue paper and putting them in a zip lock bag (white isn't going to stain is it?). Since people are mentioning the hair staining a pony should their manes be wrapped? Would you guys be upset if I had the mane wrapped in like a paper towel to keep it from laying on the neck?

I might try to like put colorful tissue paper around the outside of the zip lock bag. What do you guys have better luck with on the outside tissue paper or wrapping it?

I also have a pony that is actually in a box what is the best way for this kiddo? I want to wrap her like a present, but I also want to keep her from possibly getting wet and the box being ruined. Any suggestions since I don't really have a zip lock bag that can fit her weird corners.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal