collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: RANDOM SWAP - *COMPLETED*  (Read 79905 times)

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
Re: RANDOM "other collections" SWAP SIGN UP's - LAST CALL FOR SIGNUPS!!!
« Reply #255 on: January 27, 2013, 11:20:56 AM »
What's the code to make a pic a clickable link?

Little.fox posted it above :)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: RANDOM \"other collections\" SWAP SIGN UP\'s - LAST CALL FOR SIGNUPS!!!
« Reply #256 on: January 27, 2013, 12:02:26 PM »
Ditzy me! LOL. Thanks. Got it to work.

Post Merge: January 27, 2013, 12:11:03 PM

LOL This swap hasn't even had the partners assigned or the shopping started yet and it's already 18 pages. Wow! This is gonna be one epic thread in the long run.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 12:11:03 PM by DazzleKitty »
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 27, 2013, 12:17:37 PM »
Im so excited to find out who ill be shopping for:) counting down the hours lol

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #258 on: January 27, 2013, 12:24:13 PM »
what a sweet idea :) I'll go put that little link picture in my signature too :D

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 27, 2013, 12:26:13 PM »
Man I can't WAIT to get my partner xD. I keep looking at everyones lists and getting ideas haha.

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #260 on: January 27, 2013, 12:29:10 PM »
I've put the link picture in my signature now, it took a few tries. Can't wait to find out who I'll be shopping for :frolic: I'm ready to start! lol

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 27, 2013, 12:34:36 PM »
AH! I almost missed the sign ups!

Also Answer these:
1) would you rather have the whole budget go towards one item or several cheaper items?
I think several smaller items would be nice, but one main item and one or two smaller things is okay dokey.

2) Would you like to receive candy as an extra? If so what do you like?
I’d rather not, in my experience candy is tough to ship and it can damage the items.

3) Would you like any pony themed items as extras?
Sure, who doesn’t like pony things.  I love hand made things too.

4) If your partner is having trouble finding the "other collections" items, would you accept ponies instead?
    I’d rather not I’m interested because its not your typical pony swap and I have so much love for other vintage toys.

Wishlist
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,284904.msg19272.html#msg19272

Local items?  I also say a big yes to getting items local to the area from where the box if from.  Even state to state it can be fun.  I love things that are handmade so customs/artwork/all of that are of interest to me. ^^

Bath stuff and make up and all that: I am not really big into candles or bath stuff myself I only use a very few specific things.  I’m not very girly but I do like jewelry.  My ears are not pierced.

Favorite pony: G1 sparkle baby north star. G4 Fluttershy.  Also, I like the vintage remco sea ponies.

Several people have dolls on their lists, may I ask how people feel about custom clothing or wigs? I would be cool with items for my Frankie custom or bought but I don’t need any wigs.

Also may I ask if anyone has any allergies I should be aware of.  I am allergic to mold and smoke. Hopefully items won't encounter either of those but I also have two dogs so I wanted to make sure if a few stray hairs got in I wasn't going to kill my partner.

Do you like home made crafty items themed like your collection? example being maybe a crocheted thing, or sculpted? things like that. Yes and yes to customs also.

postcards and plastic snowglobes? Not really my thing.  I do also collect salt and pepper shakers though.  Usually animals.

To give an example of what I mean, say you collected Pokémon cards only, but your favorite 'mon was Pikachu - Would other Pikachu items in general be acceptable? Yes and merch from the categories on my list are perfect.

Most of the items I like are vintage so if they are new in package please leave them as such but I'd rather loose so I can play with them!

I also love the serendipity books, leo the lop is my fav. And I love bunnicula.

Anyway, say you collected a specific line of things and listed some that you needed, would you be happy to get ones you DON'T need too? Like if I got a few that were on your want list and a few others too? I only ask because there are some GOOD deals on ebay right now.. lol

For me yes! I only listed specifics in case my partner was overwhelmed by the size of some possibilities (like Pokemon, I'd love any of the first gen Pokemon but I listed several specifically because there are like... sooo many Pokemon).  Really anything from the mentioned lines would be great as far as I'm concerned. :)

Hair accessories- No thank you I am terribly particular about this.
Trading cards/blind bags - I would like one of the princess bbs but otherwise I don't need any.
Glass animal-wolf or lop eared bunny.

Most of the things on my list are vintage so there is bound to be some variety in condition. I'm not a picky collector as long as its not moldy or missing chunks of it due to breaking chewing children etc. As far as clean a smell would bother me but a little dirt or stains aren't a big deal. After all.... I'm gonna play with it if it's a toy.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 04:02:30 PM by Sarahlacewing »
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 27, 2013, 12:35:05 PM »
I've put the link picture in my signature now, it took a few tries. Can't wait to find out who I'll be shopping for :frolic: I'm ready to start! lol

Me 2. So many that has enter the swap =) fun!

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #263 on: January 27, 2013, 12:48:14 PM »
I can't wait till this begins! i'm gonna have a blast shopping for my partner :)

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
This swap is brimming with excitement! I am so stoked to get this going. All of these unique collections have been fun to check out and I'm happy with whoever I get. The challenge to find pieces for some of these awesome collections is going to be a blast. :D

Oh, I added a couple pieces on to one of my collections last night. Thought I'd post 'em here just so my partner knows I have them.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I won't be adding anything during the swap, obviously.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
I've updated my wishlist for the final time. Now to wait for my partner and my pay day so I can spoil them rotten :frolic:

Offline Talismarr

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 27, 2013, 01:33:54 PM »
Here is my list finally! I've actually had a lot of fun thinking of things to include and am looking forward to this swap!!

Harry Potter
I honestly don't really know what kinds of Harry Potter collectibles there are out there, but I am trying to complete my book collection! I need books 1-4, and would prefer  this cover style, in hardcover! I don't think the first book costs too much, and would be thrilled to receive it!!
There are also these little sticker kits I've seen around, and would like the time turner kit, snitch kit, Hedwig kit, etc.
Also, jewelry, or any acessories with Hufflepuff colors would be appreciated! Such as this snitch necklace, as well as Lego Minifigures/mini sets, or Hedwig plushies!!

Hunger Games
I am loving all of the mini buttons they have over at Cafe Press, and would love the individual district ones (District 12, for example), the Vintage Red Mockingjay button here, and a few others. Here's another one I like. I also like this Mellark Bakery mug

Assassin's Creed
My favorite video game series! It's hard to find merchandise that I like, but stickers or buttons or anything cool with the logo on it would be neat.
Assassin's Creed Pin

I love Pusheen the cat, and they have a lot of cute merch here! I like the Pusheen emotion pins :)
I do like cats and plush in general, and would love to collect some more LPS Cats. I only have 2 so far, so any lps cats would find a good home with me!

I also love Owl Stuff! I have a few owl things, such as plush and a notebook, but I would love anything owl related! I prefer the cartoony style of owl over realistic styles, like here, and here.

I also love scrapbooking, so scrapbooking supplies or Smash Book supplies would be awesome! (or just fun stationary items in general!)

I'm into long dangly sort of necklaces, with little charms and feathers and stuff on them. I like the steampunk look too, and would love necklaces with gears, feathers/wings, keys, birdcages, vintage looking elements etc...

Other questions:

1) Would you rather have the whole budget go towards one item or several cheaper items?
I would prefer several cheaper items. :)

2) Would you like to receive candy as an extra? If so what do you like?
Sure! I prefer hard or gummy fruity candy, such as nerds, swedish fish or berries, etc. I don't really like liquorice.

3) Would you like any pony themed items as extras?
I would prefer to keep to the other collections this time! Unless it's a custom pony of one of my interests.

4) If your partner is having trouble finding the "other collections" items, would you accept ponies instead?
    If so, please list at least 10 ponies with value within your price catagory.
    describe acceptable flaws
I would prefer to receive items from my collections/interests, but a G1 or two would still find love here :) I don't currently have my collection with me (it lives at my parents) and I can't remember offhand which ones I was looking for. I do love the twinkle eye ponies, perfume puffs, tropical ponies, etc. Acceptable flaws would be a bit of paint rub or less than perfect hair, but nothing gross or irreparable please.

Favorite animal: Cats!

Animals you don't like: Monkeys and insects

Favorit color/colors: Purple and blue

Do you have animals? I do not :(

Stuff you don't want: I'm not too picky, but I don't need candles or bath products (bubble bath, lotion etc). I have enough of both of those to last quite a while!

Colors you don't like: I'm not too picky, but not real crazy about pastel colors.

Do you like jewelry like earrings, necklace? I love necklaces as I mentioned above :) I don't usually wear bracelets though (unless maybe it's from a theme in my collections?) and I do not have pierced ears so no earrings please!

What do you want for extras? Maybe a bit of candy, and then just trinkety items like buttons, stickers, keychains, maybe a little souvenir from wherever you live. Something like that!

Answers to random questions!!
No allergies, but same opinion about strong scents - no thanks!

Local items/souvenirs are awesome! Postcards, touristy things (keychain, magnet, shot glasses, etc) are all very cool! I'd sooner have something like that than local candy.

I don't collect dolls or have any pets.

A custom pony as an extra would be cool too but don't spend all your time and effort on that, it's a lot of work!  :) Even though handmade items are pretty special!

Favorite ponies are Coco Berry and Hula Hula! I have a Coco army in the works but a Hula Hula army might be pretty cool too!

MIB items: Not sure much of what I requested comes in boxes or any kind of wrapping. Some things like LPS  singles maybe keep them in the box, but I guess use your discretion! If things are taken out of packages then more stuff fits in a box!

How do I live: Currently a university student, living with my boyfriend and loving life  No pets right now. I'm finishing school in April, and then will be starting the job hunting game!

Favorite Characters: For the Harry Potter series, I have a hard time choosing a favorite!! I loved the Weasley Twins (Fred and George, they're so funny!) and would say anything of the main 3 characters (Harry, Ron, Hermione) would be nice. I also like Hedwig :)
For the Hunger Games series my favorite characters are Katniss and Rue. I love Rue!! She is so cute and sweet!

Books: I'm trying to get the first 4 Harry Potter books! I've mentioned this above!

Phobias: Um, not really. I don't like monkeys, clowns or bugs though. Or anything gorey. But this shouldn't come into play for this swap I don't think.

Say you collected a specific line of things and listed some that you needed, would you be happy to get ones you DON'T need too? Sure! Some of the things I have mentioned are collections I am just getting started, so pretty much anything related to what I have listed would be pretty cool!

Glass figures, doujinshis and blind bags: No thanks

Hair accessories: also no thanks. I have short hair and don't wear accessories in it very often!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 07:38:01 AM by Talismarr »

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Talismarr  owls are so cute =)

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Ok, I think I'm done tweaking my list (page 2).  Link is in my sig.  ;)

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Woo!

I decided to make a list of the Pokédolls I want. Goodness me, not adding to my collection in over 2 years has really done a number on how far behind I am. I have a crick in my shoulder. LOL.

Added a bunch of Funko figs, too. Omg, stupid Funko. Love their Pop! Vinyls. :shakefist:

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal