collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Oh great......  (Read 2290 times)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
Re: Oh great......
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 07:34:51 AM »
I don't know, so far I've managed to resist getting every pony in every set. I'd say that I tend to get around ten from each set, give or take a few. :) Just get the ones that particularly appeal to you!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 07:52:58 AM »
Yup, I got the ones I wanted and moved away.  They're fun but good gravy you can go crazy over them ...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 07:16:24 PM »
blind bag addiction is a sickness, im sorry to hear that, most of the time there is no turning back, some people get help, i wish i had now its too late for me, i have been lost in the bb abyss over a year and a half now, still to this day i wish i had not opened my first blind bag 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 09:31:25 PM »
They are addictive!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 09:52:40 PM »
Haha- I agree they are really addictive- I love the glitter ones, fruity themed ones, and now those semi clear ones...

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2013, 06:16:27 AM »
Well, it's encouraging to hear that some people are able to collect them without the gotta have them all sickness. I'm laughing though because I have already started looking at the bags at walmart. I'm so close to buying more.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2013, 09:28:52 AM »
There really are so many- but I wouldn't buy any of them bag by bag if you wanted to get an entire set- buy the box - much cheaper that way  (even cheaper from Taobao- but more risk of getting flawed/low quality, plus shipping is a bit of a pain, as is buying anything from Taobao).

If you DO get them by the bag (if you just want one or two from each set coming out) - you probably already know, but you can figure out which pony it is by reading the bar code- http://mlpg4merch.tumblr.com/post/24157634436/g4-blind-bag-master-post

As for the boxes, I think Hasbro has them for the cheapest (considering the free shipping option) - but I learned on the Arena that they will send you whatever box they have in stock, so you will have no idea what is coming.  So I guess only order if you don't care which box you might want (since you don't have any yet, that shouldn't be hard?) http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/my-little-pony-mystery-figure-case-pack?BR=704&SBR=303&ID=29845
This place (Big Bad Toy Store) is the next cheapest, (I think) and they let you pre-order whichever one is coming out next- http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=my%20little%20pony

I originally TRIED to just get the ponies I wanted- the princesses, clear ponies, and various favorites by getting them on Taobao where they are wicked cheap- after all, how could I resist ponies like this? She has rainbows, AND strawberries- (sort of my thing)  visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Or this one- doesn't she look like G1 Magic Star?  visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 And of course I love clear ponies :DThe princess ponies are surprisingly cute too- I love their wings... visitors can't see pics , please register or login

But it is sometimes hard to find all the ones you want, and buying from Taobao is a pain, so more recently I started buying the boxes... not a bad deal that way, and you can always use the rest for customs, right?(maybe that is just me rationalizing). 

Alas, there is no where to display the hoards of tiny ponies, but they are remarkably cute, and fit SO WELL into a lunchbox or two-  It is hardly an out of control collection if it can fit into a lunchbox after all, right?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 09:33:06 AM by Galactica »

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2013, 09:45:02 AM »
You can display them, use a plastic nail varnish step-shaped stand. I have one here and it's the perfect size for them. If they fall over, shove a blob of white tack under one of their back feet.

I have two boxes of the glittery ones! I'm actually getting out of them and selling all of mine except Tea Love, Rainbowshine and some of the Twilight Sparkle ponies. I far prefer the G1s and BB madness is a bit confusing for me!

Offline Trinity

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Also known as Elfwink.
    • View Profile
    • Elfwink's Pixels
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2013, 02:58:24 PM »
Yup, I got the ones I wanted and moved away.  They're fun but good gravy you can go crazy over them ...

I'm pretty much doing this. I know I can't possibly have them all... And I don't like the colour schemes of all of them.
:rainbow: also known as Elfwink | pixel art!

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!

Offline silverdragon54

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2013, 03:50:11 PM »
There really are so many- but I wouldn't buy any of them bag by bag if you wanted to get an entire set- buy the box - much cheaper that way  (even cheaper from Taobao- but more risk of getting flawed/low quality, plus shipping is a bit of a pain, as is buying anything from Taobao).

If you DO get them by the bag (if you just want one or two from each set coming out) - you probably already know, but you can figure out which pony it is by reading the bar code- http://mlpg4merch.tumblr.com/post/24157634436/g4-blind-bag-master-post

As for the boxes, I think Hasbro has them for the cheapest (considering the free shipping option) - but I learned on the Arena that they will send you whatever box they have in stock, so you will have no idea what is coming.  So I guess only order if you don't care which box you might want (since you don't have any yet, that shouldn't be hard?) http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/my-little-pony-mystery-figure-case-pack?BR=704&SBR=303&ID=29845
This place (Big Bad Toy Store) is the next cheapest, (I think) and they let you pre-order whichever one is coming out next- http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=my%20little%20pony

I originally TRIED to just get the ponies I wanted- the princesses, clear ponies, and various favorites by getting them on Taobao where they are wicked cheap- after all, how could I resist ponies like this? She has rainbows, AND strawberries- (sort of my thing)  visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Or this one- doesn't she look like G1 Magic Star?  visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 And of course I love clear ponies :D

A box of clear ponies will make a very nice birthday present for myself. Seriously, look at that Apple Fritter! How irresistibly adorable is that?!
Will make custom plushie for MIB Fashion Style Applejack. PM for details!

See my pony art here!
My items for trade
My wanted list
My plushies!, Handmade plushies for sale!

Offline Baby_Honey

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+164)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2013, 01:02:08 AM »
I hear you! I sold my entire collection last year and never wanted to collect Ponies anytime again....and then my friend gave me a Blind Bag ;)
I now have to get them all. Thank god they are so small and do not need much space ;)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2013, 11:45:43 AM »
A box of clear ponies will make a very nice birthday present for myself. Seriously, look at that Apple Fritter! How irresistibly adorable is that?!

I know - I find the semi-clear ponies so cute!  I kind of love that they are so tiny - I have been giving them as gifts to some of my more artsy fartsy friends (who can resist a tiny little plastic unicorn or peg, especially if glittery or frosted?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal