TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

International Shippers: Any countries you will NOT ship to and why?

<< < (2/7) > >>

Stormness_1:
The African continent in general is super expensive to ship to from here, so any enquirers from there are pretty swiftly let down, I'm talking $70AUD+ for a single pony tracked, and it's closer than Europe!

I've never had something not arrive, thankfully. I have had parcels opened/damaged locally, but no countries in particular have been put on my blacklist because of actual problems I've had shipping there. *fingers crossed* *touch wood*

Marlin:

--- Quote from: Stiletto on November 09, 2017, 02:37:01 PM ---On a side note: Several of my International buyers have been using agents to purchase from me instead of shipping to them directly, which is even better for everyone if you ask me.  But I don't know how expensive that service tends to be for the buyer.  Can someone who has used an agent to purchase something through eBay shed some light on this for me?  Thank you!

--- End quote ---

I don't know about 'agents', but I have used something similar to the GSP but run through my country's postal service instead. I usually do this with ebay buys since overseas shipping can be through the roof and by getting my parcels sent to my US shipping warehouse, I can get several parcels combined into one.
The downside (aside waiting for everything to arrive and then their processing time, and then the actual shipping to me, lol) is I am paying shipping within the US, and then to my country. Another occasional setback is the service charges by volumetric weight, so I have been stung there a couple of times, but both of those situations can and have been balanced out by saving money getting several parcels consolidated into one.

nhal039:
Russia is the only country I won't post to as all my parcels have been lost! Any other country has be all good

Stiletto:

--- Quote from: Marlin on November 09, 2017, 11:18:07 PM ---I don't know about 'agents', but I have used something similar to the GSP but run through my country's postal service instead. I usually do this with ebay buys since overseas shipping can be through the roof and by getting my parcels sent to my US shipping warehouse, I can get several parcels combined into one.
The downside (aside waiting for everything to arrive and then their processing time, and then the actual shipping to me, lol) is I am paying shipping within the US, and then to my country. Another occasional setback is the service charges by volumetric weight, so I have been stung there a couple of times, but both of those situations can and have been balanced out by saving money getting several parcels consolidated into one.

--- End quote ---

I'm curious exactly how this works through eBay.  In one instance, I had an agent/warehouse/not sure what to call them actually make the purchase from me themselves, asked me to include a packing slip, and put item # on the box.  Sure, np everything worked out fine, and off it went to their warehouse en route to their customer in Japan.

But I have had 2 other people, both Russian, purchase through what seemed to be their personal account and the shipping address was to a warehouse in Delaware.  Where, like you said, I'm sure they had several packages sent, gathered up, and then shipped to them in Russia.  So I guess my question is -- Which way is it supposed to work? And how can I research which countries have these services available? 

I know I am way over thinking this but my brain has to know how the ins and outs of how things work.

Baby Sugarberry:
Mail forwarding companies work both ways - some just give you a different address to give to the seller, while others do the actual purchasing (more common when there's a language barrier as well as international borders.) Any major country that does exports will usually have forwarding businesses, they're independent 3rd parties usually.  The eBay version forwards all packages to a central warehouse where they're made as small as possible (often to the detriment of the item) and then ships them out again to the final destination.  I hate the GSP, it's almost always way overpriced versus shipping directly.

Mail into Canada is indeed slow.  I've had stuff show up months late but rarely is anything ever lost.  Most of us up here know and expect that already. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version