collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Boardgames & card games  (Read 844 times)

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Boardgames & card games
« on: May 22, 2022, 02:07:12 AM »
Let's talk about boardgames and cardgames! Which ones do you play? Any recent favourites? Wishlist? Who do you play with? :)

I've been a casual Magic the Gathering player since the early 2000s and have introduced my husband and several friends to it. :D  I've never been an active collector, though, or one who plays by the tournament rules. Vintage MtG is my thing, and every now and then I buy some new cards - perhaps a duel deck, and some boosters here and there.

For a year or two now I've met with two friends for game nights every couple of weeks, Covid permitting. We often play a round of Dead of Winter, a zombie themed boardgame, then move on to some quicker boardgames or cardgames like Guillotine or Exploding Kittens. Quick, affordable card games seem pretty popular these days! I've also played Munchkin (once or twice) and Fluxx (we have the Monty Python deck), to name a few. Carcassonne is fun, too. I was late to the party, I played this game once with a friend ages ago when it was brand new, but only got my own copy a few years ago for Christmas. I should buy some expansions to make it more interesting. :)

I do enjoy some classic boardgames as well, such as Scrabble or Alias. Haven't played either of them in a while!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Boardgames & card games
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 07:04:05 AM »
I love board and card games. We used to play all the time as a family when I was younger. I've often thought of joining a social group or app to find people to play with. I've never done it though.

Most of the games you've listed I've never heard of :P My family played classic games like Scrabble, Boggle, Yahtzee, Uno, Parcheesi, Trivial Pursuit. One of my all time favorites is Scattergories and Clue - but you have to have the right people to play Clue. People who will play-up the character they play and add to the story. I'm always Mr. Green, the smarmy banker :lol: I also love to play Monopoly because I was banned from playing it as a kid.

I know a lot of people who play D&D but you know, I'm not that interested in it? You'd think I would be with my love of RPGs and fantasy adventure movies. I dabbled with MTG when I was in school, everyone played it. I can't remember anything about it now though.

There is a boardgame based on my favorite movie The Thing that I would love to play. One person is The Thing, but the others don't know it. The Thing is supposed to assimilate the other players, while the players try to find out who The Thing is.

Ah, maybe one day I'll actually look for people to play with.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal