collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I Kicked the habit!  (Read 982 times)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
I Kicked the habit!
« on: July 30, 2014, 06:14:40 AM »
Ok so it wasn't like a serious addiction or anything, but it sorta feels like it. Iv been drinking soda since about jr.High school. Specifically Coke(regular coke, no other variation or diet version), So about 17 years!  :shocked:

For a few years I was really getting tired of it, because Id drink SO much in a day that id just feel crummy. But if I stopped Id get the worst caffeine withdrawal headaches, I have a problem with headaches even without a caffeine addiction. My official breaking point was a month ago when I just didn't have money to spare on things like soda. I got through the worst of the migraines, and when I had money again, decided that I had already sorta stopped? so why not keep going.

At this point, I'm not like craving soda, and Iv finally stopped automatically turning down the soda isle in the grocery store lol. Iv replaced my single drink of choice with a variety of things, Water being the most common, but also V8 V-fusion, pomegranate, and cranberry juice. I occasionally use a little squirt of the MiO Fit stuff in my water, and iv always loved smoothies. I feel SOOO much better, I wish I would have done this so much sooner! I originally said that Id still drink soda if I was eating out, like a kinda treat i guess, but honestly almost every place has lemon-aid and that sounds a lot tastier at this point.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!
Iv been looking for more and more healthier food options, taking the time to read more labels and make healthier choices. Iv never been the type that didnt like healthy food, I genuinely like it, but around here it seems to be a tad bit more expensive so it was just easier to grab the cheapest thing on the shelf.

Iv also started walking to the park with my son most days. The park is about  one mile away from our house. We pack a bag with water, some kinda healthy snack, and a book for me lol. we walk to the park, have a snack, he plays while i read for a bit, then we go back home.

Lastly (I promise) Iv taken the leap and started yoga. I was afraid before because I always see skinny skinny people doing it and figured Id have no chance. But I met a really good trainer who said to just ignore that, not to expect the same range of movement, at first but that it was entirely possible. I'm just starting out real slow and easy for now. It might be weird, but Iv been meditation for about 6 years xD usually before bed for about an hour. And I like that yoga is sorta an extension of that.

Well thats everything. Sorry for the long self brag, but this week particularly, Iv been feeling so good and full of energy. I think because the shock of all the changes iv made are starting to wear off and my body is starting to realize it likes this better. xD
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I Kicked the habit!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 06:55:32 AM »
Well done on the lifestyle change!!!! Your body thanks you ;)
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 07:33:35 AM »
Well done, True!

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 07:53:44 AM »
Awwwww! I'm so happy for you! That's a lot of positive changes and I'm quite envious of your drive. Keep up the good work, and be proud!
:fox:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 09:00:56 AM »
Good for you! I'm sure you are going to be feeling much better-  also your teeth will probably thank you too :D

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 09:09:13 AM »
Congrats, that's quite a bit you've accomplished!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 10:22:39 AM »
hey if it helps you feel better then that's always good news. gratz! :D
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 10:45:10 AM »
That is so awesome! Major congrats! And great work! It's not easy to make those changes!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 11:03:01 AM »
Yay!!! I quit soda a little over a year ago, it's hard to do, but once you do it you feel sooo much better! Congratulations!!!!

FluttershyMama

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 11:20:47 AM »
Congratulations! ;)

LadyFoxling

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 12:12:51 PM »
Soda pop really is addictive and it's good you quit drinking it. Especially if you ever drank the diet brand because instead of sugar it has cancer causing ingredients that will kill you faster than the regular kind. I stopped drinking sodas about 2 years ago and haven't felt like drinking it since, either. I have felt better for it too; my skin is clearer and I just feel better. I'm sure it is helping my teeth not to be drinking such things, as well. The longer you're off it the better you'll fare!

S.o.a.r.

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 12:21:21 PM »
You've done what I'm in the middle of TRYING to do. I've been addicted to Diet Coke/Coke Zero for about 15 years now and I've gone weeks without Coke sometimes but then I slip back into my old habbits because the craving of sweetners have become too much. But good on you for finally taking the step towards a healthier and better lifestyle! Hopefully I'm on my way to doing the same...

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 12:38:55 PM »
Just keep in mind that the lemonaid at restaurants is no better than soda.  It still comes in giant boxes of syrup ( it's high fructose corn syrup with NO actual lemon in it ) and is hooked up to the machine just like the soda, only it's non-carbonated. 

I don't drink soda either but for a little sierra mist or the Mexican coke because it's made with cane sugar and not HFCS which is seriously bad.  Sugar is bad all on its own, but going to take the lesser of two evils and least go with the one minimally processed. 

Also: Tea is a great caffeine replacement for me.  I have a coffee issue and have just recently relapsed, but dark teas like Earl Grey and Orange Pekoe are delicious.  If you have a need for sweet, pick up some honey from a local or farmers market.  The honey sold in grocery stores is largely NOT honey, is either pasteurized, or diluted with more dreaded HFCS. 

I have a divine Tulip Poplar honey that I put in Earl Grey and it is just. . . omg. . .  delicious and a perfect treat.  Way better than soda. . .  I only need soda for booze.  << >> 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 12:41:34 PM by MiRaja »

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2014, 01:09:17 PM »
Congrats! :o)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2014, 07:41:01 PM »
You've done what I'm in the middle of TRYING to do. I've been addicted to Diet Coke/Coke Zero for about 15 years now and I've gone weeks without Coke sometimes but then I slip back into my old habbits because the craving of sweetners have become too much. But good on you for finally taking the step towards a healthier and better lifestyle! Hopefully I'm on my way to doing the same...

It was really hard for me to knowingly quit in the past too, I dunno why it was a little easier this time. But I wish you all the luck in your own efforts!

Just keep in mind that the lemonaid at restaurants is no better than soda.  It still comes in giant boxes of syrup ( it's high fructose corn syrup with NO actual lemon in it ) and is hooked up to the machine just like the soda, only it's non-carbonated. 

I don't drink soda either but for a little sierra mist or the Mexican coke because it's made with cane sugar and not HFCS which is seriously bad.  Sugar is bad all on its own, but going to take the lesser of two evils and least go with the one minimally processed. 

Also: Tea is a great caffeine replacement for me.  I have a coffee issue and have just recently relapsed, but dark teas like Earl Grey and Orange Pekoe are delicious.  If you have a need for sweet, pick up some honey from a local or farmers market.  The honey sold in grocery stores is largely NOT honey, is either pasteurized, or diluted with more dreaded HFCS. 

I have a divine Tulip Poplar honey that I put in Earl Grey and it is just. . . omg. . .  delicious and a perfect treat.  Way better than soda. . .  I only need soda for booze.  << >> 

Yeah I guess that's true about the lemonaid, but I dunno i usually wouldn't have any other option at a restaurant anyway, I tend to not like the water most of the time. Honestly Id be happy bringing my own drink xD but that wouldn't be allowed most of the time. But those machines give me the heebie jeebies, Iv heard they're hard to clean and have a lot of places for bacteria to collect and grow, it didn't help that my bf worked for a restaurant, had to clean it one day and just  found tons of mold in it... I tend not to drink there anymore. >.<

Iv been trying to get into tea drinking, I have yet to find anything that really appeals to me at all, but I'm still determined to try more flavors and someday find some that i like. xD Ill have to try the Orange Pekoe, as iv never heard of that one and who knows! I might love it. :p And we have so many beekeeper and tree tapping friends, I think it would be a sin on our friendship if we ever bought honey or maple syrup at a store haha.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal