collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Self Empowerment?  (Read 426 times)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
Self Empowerment?
« on: August 27, 2012, 11:17:17 AM »
Lol well xD Iv always been sort of an independent tomboy. I get strong headed from my dad, I mean I love my dad, but we're two people who can't be around each other for longer then about a week rofl, it's a little complicated, we're both quiet and know we're right so things can get a little tense haha. To help my um personality? Iv raised my son mostly alone, I also take care of my mom, and our house/yard.

So when my son and I got back from camping a few weeks ago, I became super aware of all the big old dead trees we had accumulated over the winter with our crazy snowmageddon, two of our biggest trees in our backyard died completely/lost most of their biggest branches. Why am I do worried about them suddenly? Well while we were camping, while my son was playing in the playground, it was windy and the entire top of a tree blew down ontop of him! Thank god he was walking away from the bouncy thing he was playing on which caught the biggest part of the tree, and he mostly just got grabbed by the branches, he had some serious scratches on his face, but the hospital cleared him as all good, and I was pretty paranoid the rest of the camping trip lol and probably annoyed the crap out of the ranger and dnr until they cut down every dead tree in the playground.. I mean it's a playground for goodness sake!? Apparently just a week before a tree fell on the swingset and hurt a little girl!? Seems like they should have cut down the trees back then right?

Well anyway unfortunately it does take a serious even to make people super aware sometimes, I can't do anything about the big trees until I can higher someone to cut them down professionally, but last night I heard the signature crack and had a bit of a panic attack when I remembered Cameron was at his aunts. A huge branch broke out of a tree and crashed into another one next to it, I went out to look at it, but it was hung up too high, so I figured I'd have to wait to get it out. I noticed this morning that it had settled down, and that it was just hardly balanced. So I decided to climb the tree it was hung up in, tied a rope to the fallen bit, jumped down and yanked it out of there xD, it was pretty huge branch!

I walked away thinking I was pretty tough xD rofl. I didn't mean for this to be so long haha, I'll get pictures soon.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Self Empowerment?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 02:06:31 PM »
I hope you can get all those dead branches taken care of. That does sound fun to have to deal with.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 06:58:41 PM »
I love that feeling of accomplishment.  :)

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 07:02:02 PM »
That would freak me out as well.

You keep that up, you won't need to hire anyone to take care of the tree ;)
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 07:38:53 PM »
Oh wow I think I would be totally freaked if a tree top was about to fall on my son too.  Honestly...this whole tree thing..I get it. I had the entire top and part of a trunk of a tree crash into my roof during Hurricane Ike.  Then part of another tree flew into the living room part of the roof, then the tree in the back yard fell completely over and let me tell you it was a huge tree.  By the time the storm was over we lost half of a tree, the top of a tree, one whole tree and a 1/4 of another one.  In addition our home was so damaged it took months to rebuild it.  It had to have a new back porch, new rafters, new roof, total rebuild upstairs in the bathroom because that was crushed by the tree...total new ceiling and walls in the living room, new duct work for the air/heat and my door is still damaged along with the fact I ran out of insurance money before I could fix that and the gutters.  Sooooooo....trees are dangerous in many ways. I hope you can get those dead trees down as soon as you can especially before your first snow.  I wouldn't want anyone to go through the house damage we had.  Hugs to you...anything about trees now just makes me shake and feel freaked out.  I love nature, but if I had the money, I would remove every pine tree in my yard.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal