collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Virtual Running Club "Rainbow Retro Challenge" - G1 Symbol Pins!  (Read 2112 times)

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
Re: Virtual Running Club "Rainbow Retro Challenge" - G1 Symbol Pins!
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2022, 04:25:51 PM »
Well, I signed up for the 600 miles! Rowan (dog) and I did 4 miles in 20 degree F weather today. The sun was out and it was a really pleasant walk. We only saw like five other people!

I'm trying to work out the best way to count my swimming time as mileage. I'm thinking maybe giving myself a half mile or a mile for each time I go to the pool. I don't have a distance tracker or any way to actually track what I do swimming. Plus, swimming is a LOT more physically taxing than walking.

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2022, 07:04:02 PM »
Well, I signed up for the 600 miles! Rowan (dog) and I did 4 miles in 20 degree F weather today. The sun was out and it was a really pleasant walk. We only saw like five other people!

I'm trying to work out the best way to count my swimming time as mileage. I'm thinking maybe giving myself a half mile or a mile for each time I go to the pool. I don't have a distance tracker or any way to actually track what I do swimming. Plus, swimming is a LOT more physically taxing than walking.

Oh I'm glad to know someone is doing this challenge!  Thanks for sharing your experience!  I didn't sign up for it as I've been very busy transitioning to a new job and moving...but if I can I might sign up later after all that settles down.

I think your swimming calculation sounds reasonable.  I never keep track of how far I actually swim either.  But I agree it seems more taxing than walking!
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2022, 07:54:45 PM »
I'm still waiting for the weather to be a bit nicer. I could count my miles from walking at work, but the point would be to motivate myself outside of work hours...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2022, 06:59:36 AM »

Oh I'm glad to know someone is doing this challenge!  Thanks for sharing your experience!  I didn't sign up for it as I've been very busy transitioning to a new job and moving...but if I can I might sign up later after all that settles down.

Wait, you're in Ohio too! I'd love to meet up and do a walk or hike together if you need the extra motivation :D  You can sign up through February 20 to get the keepsake bib and lower priced shirts. You can still sign up after that, but only while supplies last. I'm not sure how many extras they'll print as a lot of it seems to be pre-order/on demand. I skipped the shirt because I couldn't afford $30 for a tank top, but I did get the bib. The challenge runs through June 2023, so that's plenty of time to get it done!

I've also settled on a mile for swimming. My logic is I typically spend a half hour in the pool and I do a mile in 20 minutes walking. Swimming has more rest time in it, so I figure it'll be about the same.

I'm still waiting for the weather to be a bit nicer. I could count my miles from walking at work, but the point would be to motivate myself outside of work hours...

Do the 600 mile challenge and count the work miles! It's still movement and you're doing the work.

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2022, 09:29:36 AM »
I signed up for both but have opted to have all the 600 mile prizes shipped to me at once so I can try to pace myself outside of the alloted time! The 125 one I will have shipped as I go, though.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2022, 07:08:59 PM »
Has anyone hit a milestone and got their prize yet? I hit the first 100 mile mark on Jan. 28th and have yet to see anything. Since then I’ve hat the 200 mile mark too. :huh: I got my shirt a few days ago, so maybe there is some delay and they don’t actually have the pins in hand yet?

I’m trying to decide if I should be irritated or not. I paid extra to have my prizes shipped as I hit those milestones so it’s kind of demoralizing to have hit two marks with nothing to show for it.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2022, 07:39:13 PM »
The website says pins won't start shipping until March, so you should be good in a few weeks I guess!

I never did sign up for this.  I just don't see myself doing anything with the pins, although I still like the concept.  Maybe I should do my own challenge where I just buy myself a pony every 20 miles or so!  :lol:
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2022, 07:44:46 PM »
The pins did not ship yet! I haven't hit the first milestone on the 125 mile challenge yet, but I requested to just have the 600 mile pins ship all at once and those have not started moving yet.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2022, 04:09:43 PM »
I haven't received my running bib yet. But, I'm also sure things weren't supposed tos tart shipping until March.

200 miles ALREADY?! DANG! I'm up to 25 now. Snow and rain and ice here have been making long excursions unsafe. I'm hoping I can get out on the trails more when the weather gets nicer.

Offline Minty_Magic

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2022, 05:52:23 PM »
Thanks all! I should have read everything more closely haha! :lol: Oh well, if I finish this one early maybe I’ll have time for the other pin set!

200 miles ALREADY?! DANG! I'm up to 25 now. Snow and rain and ice here have been making long excursions unsafe. I'm hoping I can get out on the trails more when the weather gets nicer.

WELL idk if it’s cheating but I am logging all of my daily steps each day. I average about 5 miles or so a day, so it adds up pretty quick! To be fair also, this is our “nice” season here in AZ. Come summer it’s going to be MUCH harder for me to keep up that pace! :P

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2022, 04:11:15 PM »
I got my runner's bib in the mail last week! I'm up to 30 miles. It doesn't sound like a lot, but I'm really proud of that considering how awful the weather's been and how icy/muddy/flooded the trails have been.

I've applied for a new job that is 5.2 miles from my house if I take the local Greenway bike trail. Looks like I might become a biker if I get that job! And at 10 miles a day, I'd be gaining mileage fast and finish that challenge much sooner than anticipated.

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2022, 03:39:21 PM »
I just got an email that the 600 mile challenge has shipped since I selected all at once!

It's been cold here so I haven't gotten much walking in, I assume this means the pins are with them and are getting shipped out now all across the board.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Minty_Magic

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2022, 10:08:04 PM »
I had the option to claim all the ones I’ve collected so far for the 600 mile challenge and I just got an email at least the first one has shaped! I will share pics of the ones I have so far once they are in hand! :)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2022, 07:56:07 PM »
I'm eager to see photos of how they look in real life!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2022, 08:40:21 PM »
Has anyone received their pins yet? I'm curious!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal