collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ugg! So frustrating!  (Read 1906 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Ugg! So frustrating!
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 05:04:59 AM »
Awww...thats a shame you are disappointed with your RD! Hopefully you can clean up the marks on her knees at least.

I know as others have said there are a wide range of issues with quality in G4s from marks on bodies to colour mismatches...but personally for the price point of many of these items I dont think what we are getting is too bad. Most mass market and relatively inexpensive [and these are a low price point] items will have quality control issues. I dont think G4s are much better or much worse than toys in a similar range.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 05:32:11 AM »
Yeah they are really hit or miss. I've had a couple of bad ones, but for the most part, they are ok.  In the end you get what you pay for, a $5 toy.

The head/body mismatches aren't really that bad.  Twilight and other purple ponies look slightly funny (pink ponies, too, but not to the same degree).  All of the other ponies heads look minutely different than their bodies somewhat because they are a slightly different shade, but also because the materials are different. I think the bodies are more shiny while their heads are a rougher, less reflective material.

Also I have seen pictures that they fade rather fast in bright light. But then again someone says they fade in the dark. If light and dark both ruin them, how would that even make sense?  Maybe they are fading regardless of exposure to light?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 07:09:09 AM »
Yeah, since "dark" is just a lack of light, it can't really cause plastic to change color. Plus, they would have changed color while being shipped to the store in boxes if somehow a lack of light had any effect. Maybe they were in the process of changing already, or maybe just seeing them under different/less light makes the color difference more noticeable, or even some other reason unrelated to light.

Offline UnicornTamer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Everypony needs Jesus.
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Dreams
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2012, 12:26:00 PM »
Every single G4 has head/body mismatch, and everything else is pretty common. I actually sold/traded almost all of my G4s and stopped collecting them because I couldn't stand buying "brand new" broken/dirty toys.
I thought it was most common in pink/purple ones? I can't see any differences in my white/blue/orange ponies. It is pretty ridiculous, though. When I bought my FS RD, every one in the store had dirt on it.

Nope, its every single normal pony. FS and blind bags don't suffer from it, but all the rest do. Even my molded hair set has head/body mismatch. :/ Normal G4 heads and bodies are made from different plastic. Even on my white ponies I could sometimes see it.

My advice is to NOT store your G4s in "shade". I had mine displayed on Rarity's Carousel Boutique, and the shade from the playset made their mismatch worse. When I realized that, I decided it was time to stop supporting/collecting G4.

Interesting. But what is "shade"? I just want to make sure I'm storing my ponies properly.

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2012, 02:10:24 PM »
Hmm... To be fair, I didn't notice right off the mark with the G4 ponies I'd bought, but now that its being discussed, I have the same mismatch problems.  Ploomette, Feathermay, and Flitterheart all have different coloured heads than bodies.  Can't really tell with Fluttershy, and it doesn't seem as bad with Snowcatcher as the pinky purply ponies, but its there... but the more I look at the others, the more I can see it.  Feathermay seems particularly mismatched, imo, but...

I'm envisioning one factory where all they make are heads, and aonther where all they make are bodies, and a third where all are assembled. :blink:  Or just penny pinching... I read a really, er, darning exposé of factories in China, and it might explain much.

*shrug*

Oh well.  I guess I'll stick with reacqueriring the G1s of my youth, and wait for the blindbag ponies to achieve a wider release here in Canada... considering the local TRU has shelf tags with the single-pack blindbag sized ponies labelled 2011, I may be in for a long wait! :lol:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2012, 02:21:03 PM »
Lol...I am loving that idea sugar.lightning...one factory making little pony heads to be shipped to another factor which also received batches of just little pony bodies...
Loa is my love god!

Offline Juri

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • The Revolutionary Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2012, 11:04:55 PM »
I also decided not to buy any G4s that were not directly in the show because of quality issues.... I have been fairly lucky so far with fashion style ponies, but the regular brushables are terrible :(

Offline Strandperle

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Emerald Isle Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2012, 12:56:33 AM »
I got the only ones I have second hand, so I have no idea if they had their issues from the beginning... what really bothers me is that they don't have cutie marks on both flanks, I thought Hasbro was over that silly saving measure -.-
Thanks to Lina for my avatar!
~My collection & sales homepage~

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2012, 02:29:36 PM »
I got the only ones I have second hand, so I have no idea if they had their issues from the beginning... what really bothers me is that they don't have cutie marks on both flanks, I thought Hasbro was over that silly saving measure -.-

No I think symbols on one side look here to stay :(
Loa is my love god!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal