collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fanon or canon personality? Does it influence your purchases?  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
Re: Fanon or canon personality? Does it influence your purchases?
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2012, 07:49:42 AM »
Honestly I don't even know what Fanon or Canon means XD

As for letting other fans influence me by making up their own personalitys to the ponies... not so much. Mostly since I don't read a single thing or watch a single thing that is fan made :P Couldn't care less how other fans portray the characters, never even botherd to look any of it up.

With that beeing said, how the pony is portrayed on the actuall show (which is the only thing I watch because it's "original" and the only thing that counts as proper pony stuff to me :P) do affect me I've noticed.

For example I absolutely hate Rainbow Dash's attitude on the show. Can't stand it. And because of that I'm very reluctant to buy anything that has to do with her. Only reason I got her at all is because I found her in the promo pack with Rainbow Flash and a promo pack with Sky Wishes. They couldn't just put another mane character with the special promo pack ponies? >.< :P
~*Erica*~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2012, 07:58:56 AM »
I have no idea what fanon is XD but canon personalities.. I don't like AJ, purely because the stubborness is taken way too far, but I adore the toys (both G1 and G4).

I can't say I'm too knowledgeworthy of the G1 personalities, as I did not watch the original series or movies. Same with G3 really. I don't think it actually influences my purchases at all, I buy ponies because pretty and lovely ^.^ apart from TS, but then again I neither like her as a character or as a toy.
Fight like a girl..

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2012, 08:26:06 AM »
It depends. If I haven't got the pony, I'll buy her. But I wouldn't buy the same pony I don't like (Like AJ, Pinkie or Dash), even for variations like tinsel and different pose. But I might if it were a pony I liked (Twilight and Rarity). I don't like Applejack's, Pinkie's, or Rainbow Dash's personalities in FiM, but I love Twilight Sparkle's and Rarity's.

With Trixie and Lyra coming out, I'll be getting both. I can't wait for them. I do like certain fanon personalities, but I like sticking to my ones better.
Lyra is a hyperactive pony who loves to play with her best friend Bon Bon. But sometimes she loves to just sit down, take a moment and play her lyre.
Trixie, after being knocked down a peg by Twilight, has become more modest. She even comes to visit Twilight when she's in ponyville, and the two are becoming very good friends, because of thier love for magic.

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline celticowgirl88

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2012, 08:38:20 AM »
I've always disliked G1 Quackers because of the show, even though I find her to be a pretty pony. My liking Lyra is somewhat... lessened because of the fan stuff, but I'd still get her.

Heddwyn ~ Castor

Offline SpaRx

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2012, 08:58:05 AM »
I've only seen ten episodes or so from FiM and I'm not really interested in fan stuff since I can't brush its hair or put it on a shelf  ;)
I just buy ponies that look pretty (to me at least). I can't wait for Lyra to get here though, I love green  :)
:silly:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2012, 09:51:36 AM »
I've never watched any of the shows apart from the g1 movie however it makes no difference to me how a pony is portrayed in the show. A pony is a plastic toy who doesn't speak/isn't annoying so I don't care what they are like in a cartoon ;)

^This for me...I collect toys first and foremost - I am not fussed at all about canon or fanon or any other -non! :P

Yep - same here.  I don't even pay attention to the fact that there even IS a show!  :-p  I never did as a child and I'm certainly not going to let marketing influence my opinion now.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Binny

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2012, 02:21:30 AM »
Not at all. In fact I kind of view the toys as a separate entity from the show. There are some that while their tv personalities I'm not too fond of, have beautiful designs which is why I collect them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal