TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

ebay rant

(1/3) > >>

fingerpaints:
I half expect a few non paying bidders, some customers stuffing me around all over an item that I have sold for $2 or under, and all the rest of the stuff that comes with selling on ebay. What annoys me the most is ebay's unwillingness to help out honest sellers.

I keep messaging all my customers explaining the star rating thing, and asking to leave 5 stars unless they wish to contact me first to work any problems out and at least give me a chance to make any of what they consider wrongs right. However, the last two feedbacks I have recieved have both marked me down on my postage cost. I have not charged an extra cent for postage, nothing for packaging or handling, simply MY postage cost. Even after explaining this to customers, they still feel compelled to leave me less than 5 stars. I don't know what else I can do to please them, maybe flying to their location and hand delivering it for free would surfice?

I am also a bit ticked off I tried talking to an ebay rep online tonight, when I brought up that their feedback systen sucks they decided to cancel our little chat session. I was being polite about it, just up front. I am pretty cranky about my account being tarnished because of some moron customers that don't understand that they are starting to stuff with my account by leaving feedback that was uncalled for, just because its positive and you left a nice comment does not mean it is warranted.

If you need to click a few times to leave a negative, I think there should be a warning for leaving anything less than 5 star all round too. We can't leave a negative if someone doesn't pay or is rude to us, I know we need customers, but I am generally blocking 2 - 3 people per ebay round now because I don't want them causing me any more trouble.

I just needed to get that off my chest more than anything, most people are diecent, just alot of would have been good customers turn into idiots because they know you can't do anything to them. It's just a real shame there is no mutual respect - just "what else can you do for me?" type of attitude.

Moondancer115:
Omg that is really stupid! If you don't like the shipping costs than don't bid in the first place! And if they didn't knew the shipping costs it is there fault they didn't ask before they bid on the item.
You can't lower shipping costs its just the way it is.
I hate that there are this stupid people around wih one brain cell! Makes me angry. You just try to sell you stuff honestly and than these people show up  :mad:.

Good luck with it and i hope there will be a solution for you :hug:

banditpony:
I don't like the star system because I don't think people know how to handle out 5 stars. :) If I didn't know how the system worked, I too would give less than 5 stars. Which I do.

But anyway, my thing that gets me is delivery time. Domestically, everything I ship has tracking. I tend to ship within 24 hours of payment, and people got their items /very/ fast. I still got knocked down stars for "How quickly did seller ship item" . Roll eyes. It is what it is. It's flawed.

Your account isn't tarnished though, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. You won't be able to satisfy everyone.

fingerpaints:
Bandit - don't even get me started with the postage time, I always ship day of or the next business day after payment, no excuses, and I have been marked down there even though I shipped the same day as payment was made. Its like people think you can teleport their item to them.

The system sucks and it isn't fair to the reasonable sellers, I understand why they brought the system in, but its not working how it should be so get rid of it.

cobalte:
I think one of the main problems is that buyers aren't told anything under 5 stars in every category is marked "unsatisfactory DSRs" by eBay's standards.

That sucks about your shipping ratings though. They really are only meant to be marked down if the seller was tardy in shipping, used bad packaging and/or overcharged.  I know at least one person who didn't have a clue about the DSR standards and was putting 3-4 stars if they thought postage was a little too high or a little slow before I told them about it.

Unfortunately eBay doesn't really care anymore about smaller sellers it seems, they expect them to be able to meet the standards of a shop or business. When the small sellers inevitably can't, they get punished for it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version