collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 667
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Absurd to the point of comedy? *Headdesk*  (Read 806 times)

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Absurd to the point of comedy? *Headdesk*
« on: June 07, 2014, 01:02:31 PM »
Well, there's nothing to be done about it now, but I thought I's share this comical situation.  I'm super frustrated, but it's also so absurd I had to share.

I finally won an auction for a good price on ebay last night.  I was really excited about it, as I usually have no luck there, but I did also wonder if the seller would honour the sale. 
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221450479163&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:CA:1123

Well, this morning the seller sent me this message;
"hi i am sorry to inform that i cant sell you the item it was badly damaged by are dog ,iam so sorry again this was one of my first and last auctions on eBay sorry again "

So, colour me skeptical, I replied;
"Hi,

Can I please see a picture of the damage? I'm very good at restoration, so I'm still interested. Thanks"

and they replied;
"Sorry, but in my anger, I threw it out... It was all ripped out, I don't think it was restorable. He ate all the hair and everything, stupid dog. "

...Yeah, it's Saturday, and there's no garbage collection on the weekend, so she would still have it.  I know accidents happen, but I'm not buying this for one minute.

*headdesk* "My dog ate my pony".... Just my luck.

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Absurd to the point of comedy? *Headdesk*
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 01:13:26 PM »
That's utterly ridiculous, sorry you missed out on the pony :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 02:06:39 PM »
Um, yeah right! XD Sorry about the pony, have you mentioned to him/her about the garbage not being collected on Saturdays? Try and catch them out.

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 02:25:58 PM »
Can I admit that this actually did happen to me...I had a Baby Firefly playpen which was packed up [broken down in parts for the buyer so cheaper shipping] in a bubble envelope which a certain puppy got a hold off and nommed his way through :( To this day I am pretty sure the buyer didnt believe me...I dont think I would have believed me either! Its such a nonsense excuse although I know now sometimes it can have some truth to it :P

I am sorry you lost out Buttercream!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 02:34:53 PM »
Can I admit that this actually did happen to me...I had a Baby Firefly playpen which was packed up [broken down in parts for the buyer so cheaper shipping] in a bubble envelope which a certain puppy got a hold off and nommed his way through :( To this day I am pretty sure the buyer didnt believe me...I dont think I would have believed me either! Its such a nonsense excuse although I know now sometimes it can have some truth to it :P

But you didn't throw it out in anger right? XD

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 03:01:43 PM »

But you didn't throw it out in anger right? XD

Well I did throw it out but I could not tell you when in the process between running around after the dog screaming and waving a chewed up playpen [yup I am a good owner :P] and communicating with the buyer I did chuck it away :P I am pretty sure I held on to it until after I told the buyer however.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2014, 05:21:31 AM »
*head desk*

While it could be true that the dog ate it, I find it hard to believe. I bet someone was polite enough to contact her and let her know that someone would probably pay that much for just the shell. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2014, 07:03:17 AM »
*head desk*

While it could be true that the dog ate it, I find it hard to believe. I bet someone was polite enough to contact her and let her know that someone would probably pay that much for just the shell. 

That's my guess, too. And at the same time, they probably offered her a lot more money for the lot.... Just saying....

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2014, 09:53:05 AM »
Yeah, I've heard that before.  A couple weeks later I saw the backcard offered for sale from the person who must have been the buyer.  The card tears matched perfectly, so I could tell.  The seller told me she'd thrown it away.  I was pretty ticked off.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline ooizza

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2014, 02:15:49 PM »
I was the first bidder on this auction and was pretty suspicious when the next bidder had just 1 feedback. I was only after it for trading/resale purposes so I was happy when I saw someone other than the 1 feedback bidder win. I'm so sorry you are having problems with this seller :( My husband and I were talking about this again today and he wondered why some sellers don't just use a reserve to ensure they get the price they are looking for? Especially on an auction that starts at a penny and only ships within Canada.  :hug: I wish you didn't have to go through this frustration.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 04:20:49 AM »
:facepalm:  there are no words....

*head desk*

That's my guess, too. And at the same time, they probably offered her a lot more money for the lot.... Just saying....

this and this ^^ unfortunately. I've had it happen to me in that past too. My seller just happened to send my HTF pony (hidden in a lot that I won for cheap)  by accident to a charity shop on a Sunday (of course! )  right after she had just publically told an international buyer that she would ship to them  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 04:22:25 AM by Ringlets »

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2014, 06:15:19 AM »
:facepalm:  there are no words....

*head desk*

this and this ^^ unfortunately. I've had it happen to me in that past too. My seller just happened to send my HTF pony (hidden in a lot that I won for cheap)  by accident to a charity shop on a Sunday (of course! )  right after she had just publically told an international buyer that she would ship to them  :rolleyes:

ZOMG, that sucks!  I would be so upset.

I feel like I can't really complain about the situation because of the price.  My max bid was higher, but no one else bid beyond that.  The pictures weren't great, and there was no description, so I felt like I was taking a risk.  I just wish they had been straight forward and told me they didn't want to sell her for that price, and maybe we could have agreed on one. 

I used to have a dog that would destroy things too, and I remembered hearing Hathorcat's story about Firefly's crib before, which is why I bothered to ask for pics in the first place.  I was pretty sure that there would be a reason she could not take a picture, though (I was expecting broken camera ;P  )

I'm sure someone did offer more, or else she just decided to sell it somewhere else.  She's got tons of feedback, but only 1 or 2 for sales.  I wonder if she's allowed to set a reserve (you used to be not allowed to unless you had a certain number of positive feedback I think).

Oh well, I'm off to check the want ads here =)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 03:36:42 AM »

ZOMG, that sucks!  I would be so upset.

I used to have a dog that would destroy things too, and I remembered hearing Hathorcat's story about Firefly's crib before, which is why I bothered to ask for pics in the first place.  I was pretty sure that there would be a reason she could not take a picture, though (I was expecting broken camera ;P  )

I'm sure someone did offer more, or else she just decided to sell it somewhere else.  She's got tons of feedback, but only 1 or 2 for sales.  I wonder if she's allowed to set a reserve (you used to be not allowed to unless you had a certain number of positive feedback I think).

Oh well, I'm off to check the want ads here =)

yep I was upset. very. but hey i got my pony from another good seller not long after , and that original dodgy seller got some bad feedback  so it all worked out in the end :)

I knew Cats story too so it *can* happen ...but in this case if the seller was me I'd have taken plenty of pics before throwing it out or doing anything else with it (other than crying over it!!!)  to show it was a  genuine the dog ate my pony story - cos I'd say 99.9% of people wouldnt buy it without evidence ;)
so I'm pretty sure you are right that the seller didnt want to sell for that price or they got got offered a much higher offer from someone else and went for it. 
There's no excuse for what this person did IMO cos even if they couldnt put a reserve on it they could have started the bidding off at the lowest price they would accept for it - say they knew it was worth $100 but they wanted at least $80 - they could have  just started the bidding at $80  (I dont know the current value for the pony with her original shell BTW - those figures were just examples although i do know the shell alone is prolly worth around $50)
I hope that you find another one from a good seller soon :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal