collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: HK white toostie and HK yellow moondancer scandinavian or not?  (Read 7014 times)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
hi ponies,

whilst reading and replying to roognas thread an interesting point was brought about about HK yellow moondancer and HK white tootsie.

here is the thread ~

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,290474.new.html#new

now are white tootsie and white yellow moondancer scandinavian and austraila release ponies? we know pretty much for sure about the release of the alternate birthflowers, NSS truly and NSS cupcake. We also understand there is a slightly different version of NSS gusty as well with lime green eyes and glittery symbols (perhaps another new thread is needed!!).

i know for the most part both white HK tootsie and yellow HK moondancer are found in europe.

LADYG! i see you own MOC white tootsie can her back card enlighten us?  :satisfied:

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: HK white toostie and HK yellow moondancer scandinavian or not?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 10:16:18 AM »
hi ponies,

whilst reading and replying to roognas thread an interesting point was brought about about HK yellow moondancer and HK white tootsie.

here is the thread ~

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,290474.new.html#new

now are white tootsie and white yellow moondancer scandinavian and austraila release ponies? we know pretty much for sure about the release of the alternate birthflowers, NSS truly and NSS cupcake. We also understand there is a slightly different version of NSS gusty as well with lime green eyes and glittery symbols (perhaps another new thread is needed!!).

i know for the most part both white HK tootsie and yellow HK moondancer are found in europe.

LADYG! i see you own MOC white tootsie can her back card enlighten us?  :satisfied:

love pkw xxx

I'm confused, what is your question exactly?

Lots of ponies were released/sold in more than one country. So why couldn't those all have been released in both scandinavia and australia?
In fact I thought that was pretty much common knowledge, consensus, in the community since many years..?
For some reason Hasbro in the 80s thought scandinavia + australia made sense lol.

Anyway, my white hk Tootsie I bought in store and took off the card myself, here in Sweden. She was sold on the same card as the other ponies in the same set, Posey, CJ, etc.
(In fact we also got Snowflake and Hopscotch on the same card, but thats another story lol)

Also I think the one LadyG has is exactly that, the same as mine, and I think she got it from Sweden..?

On a side note-

Sadly, the old G1 knowledge the community once had, I think it's getting lost and forgotten piece by piece...  I see this in many threads these days.
Nirvana knowledge is kept live and well because of the nirvana section here, but the 'common' stuff is withering away.  :huh:
-

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 11:53:22 AM »
I dont think the knowledge is being lost...I think its just that lots of new people with lots to learn so you maybe see a lot of posts on topic which have been discussed before but I think its good that people come back to the same subject - not everyone chips in on every topic so someone with good knowledge of something could miss a post and then post their comments when the subject is raised again...

I think there are still a lot of things we thought we knew but are then disproved or lots of things like this topic PKW brings up that we are still learning about. I know no matter how long I collect I ll never know everything! There is simply too much to remember.

However on topic!

The only White HK Tootsie I have seen on card was on the same English backcard as AppleJack, Lickety etc...and as per the norm with so many Scandinavian/Aus releases Hasbro UK as the supplier on the card...I have seen the white Italian both on the lovely Italian card as well as on a German language card

The Yellow HK Moondancer was on the Surprise, Firefly, Gusty, Sparkler backcard - you know the one which featured only Unis and Pegs and no Earth ponies...again this was a Hasbro UK card

Neither have price stickers and both are in English...I would therefore "assume" that as the UK didnt get Moondancer this pony must have been released somewhere where English was a first language or where English on the cards was normal. This makes sense for Aus on Scandinavia maybe tootie_tails can advise?

@tootie_tails would it be safe to assume in most parts of Scandinavia for some random reason ponies were released in English packaging rather than Swedish, etc? I assume this is the case from the Cupcake I have which is in English despite being a Scandinavian pony.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline tootie_tails

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 12:44:26 PM »
Yes as far as I know everything we got was in english.

The Yellow HK Moondancer was on the Surprise, Firefly, Gusty, Sparkler backcard - you know the one which featured only Unis and Pegs and no Earth ponies...again this was a Hasbro UK card

It's strange that uk didn't get moondancer or firefly (or did you?)

Is this the card that has, somewhere on it, two little birds holding a ribbon? The only moc yellow moondancer I have ever seen, I think she was on that card. I know I have seen a firefly on the same card as well.

Edit - I checked with an old picture, yes the card I'm thinking of has the birds with ribbon on the back side of it.

I just realized - this means 8 different ponies were sold on that card! (at least here in Sweden).
Just like with the set including white Tootsie: while only six ponies are shown on the backcard, eight ponies were actually sold on it.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 12:56:48 PM by tootie_tails »
-

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 12:51:18 PM »
Yes thats the card - the one with Spike in a hot air balloon

I have seen Firefly, Sparkler, Gusty, Moondancer [yellow] and Surprise on this card...the Sparkler and the Moondancer were HK but the Gusty and Firefly were Italian...I dont remember about Surprise....

Nope...we didnt get any of that Years Uni/Peg set...

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline tootie_tails

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 01:01:39 PM »
Yes thats the card - the one with Spike in a hot air balloon

I have seen Firefly, Sparkler, Gusty, Moondancer [yellow] and Surprise on this card...the Sparkler and the Moondancer were HK but the Gusty and Firefly were Italian...I dont remember about Surprise....

Nope...we didnt get any of that Years Uni/Peg set...

Wow, intriguing! All ponies I have seen on this card were regular hk ones, no italians.
I'm looking at a Firefly picture right now, she is curly haired and has purple eyes.
-

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 01:25:56 PM »
In regards to the ponies on the backyard featuring Spike in a hot air balloon, I have an Italian Firefly MOC on that card (which i bought from lovelytickle). The language on this particular card is German, but that doesn't mean the card was not printed in English for sales elsewhere.

I've had Yellow Moondancer & green eyed/glitter symbol Gusty listed as Australian/Scandinavian releases in my "notebook of pony knowledge" for a long time & thought it was generally accepted knowledge in the community. I did buy my Gusty from an Aussie eBay sale.

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 01:44:45 PM »
I have an MOC Italian White Tootsie that I'm working on purchasing right now. I'm not sure if she's HK or no, but once I have her I'll let you guys know.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 02:27:20 PM »
To the best of my knowledge, HK White Tootsie and HK Yellow Moondancer were both sold in Scandanavian countries and Australia/NZ/Tonga/possibly some other countries. Basically countries that sourced at least some of their stock from Hasbro UK. Both were available on cards by Hasbro UK, though neither were sold here. I know when Rosse found a shop in Sweden with a ton of old stock, most of it was UK carded. Most Yellow Moondancers seem to come from that area, and I know my first HK White Tootsie came from Tradera (101 SEK! I still remember, lol)

Just as a note here, although specific Danish language cards do exist, I have never seen any ponies on Swedish or Norwegian cards, nor heard of them, so it seems likely they would have sourced their stock from elsewhere. Quite possibly this was cheaper if the market wasn't big enough to have their own. 

HOWEVER, I actually have two HK MOC Tootsies. The first one I had is the one Tootie mentioned, on the Hasbro UK card and it did come from Sweden (I think it was one of Rosse's shop finds actually!). The second one that I got more recently (although still a year or two ago), is actually on a BENELUX card. Which incidentally says she is made in Italy, although her hooves clearly say Hong Kong and her features are not Italian. It also says she comes with a sticker, but darned if I can see it, lol! The card itself is not the UK imagery... I think it's the standard US/European artwork/layout, but I don't have a pic or another one to check against. So HK White Tootsie at least had a slightly wider distribution.

I have an MOC Italian White Tootsie that I'm working on purchasing right now. I'm not sure if she's HK or no, but once I have her I'll let you guys know.

If she's on Italian card, she'll be Italian (they were less varied with theirs :) )

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline Ponyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Puffy stickers are my currency! Trade with me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 03:31:13 PM »
Yellow moonie was sold in sweden (and australia) on the same card that was used for the german (italian made) fairy tail ponies (uni and pegasi ponies sold in Germany) however the launguage is english instead of german, and it lacks the "fairy-tail" writing below the logo. In Swedish ads these ponies are however mentioned as "sago ponnys" which is the translation of fairy tail ponies.

I have Powder on this card, and I have seen yellow moonie and skyflier as well.

Green eyed Gusty with sparkle symbols are a part of this set as well (side note: my theory is that reversed Gusty where the factory error that was left behind).
Surprise, Sparkler, Firefly and Heart Throb are included as well. So, 8 ponies in total.

Sorry, haven't any pics atm as my compiter crashed (I'm on my iPhone :))

White tootsie was in the second wave of earthlings in Sweden (with snowflake, hopscotch and magenta tulip Posey) the first wave was the same as in UK with CP bowtie, CP Applejack, cherries jubilee, lickity split, normal green tootsie, normal Posey. Same earthling card as in UK, for both waves. Theese ponies where not two diffrent sets, just two waves who mingled in to each other with a little time in between. :)

I have gathered a lot of information about this, sometime I hope to include it in a guide. Now I'm to busy with school. ;)

My collection at Snupps:http://snupp.it/d8NITq
Instagram: @iPonyland

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 12:54:28 PM »
I've never seen a white Tootsie in Denmark, but I did get a yellow Moondancer from someone's childhood collection.
We definitely had both the regular colours as well.

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 03:08:46 PM »
thank you for all the replies :) this is an interesting discussion!

tootie ~ i am sorry if my question was not very clear, sometimes i am not the best at expressing myself. what i was trying to clarify is "where was white hk tootsie and yellow hk moondancer released?"

i had always taken it for granted that i knew they were released scandinavian, however a little bit of doubt popped into my head about what i knew, which is why i wanted to ask :)

we never got moondancer or firefly in the uk :( in fact we didn't get any of the unicorn or pegasus ponies, with the exception of gusty who was sold along with shady, magic star, windwhistler etc as the "movie star ponies".

ladyg ~ i remember or at least i think i remember truly/cupcake being found is south africa?! white HK tootsie does seem more "common", i remember buying mine of a seller in the netherlands and being a little upset when i got her as the description said she was marked "italy"

love pkw xxx

RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline yum-yum

• Trade Count: (+55)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Yummie!
    • View Profile
    • ThePonyBusiness
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 02:00:03 PM »
For what I remember Yellow Moondancer and White Tootsie were also sold in The Netherlands.

Tootsie was sold, as Norrskensljus described, in the second earth ponies set

Second earth pony set includes (can someone confirm this?):
White tootsie
Magenta cherries Cherries Jubilee
Snowflake
Magenta cones LS
Magenta tulips Posey
Hopscotch

Yellow Mondancer was sold in the second unicorn and pegasus set (the US re-released white moondancer and in europe they made her yellow)

This set inludes:
Yellow moondancer
Power
Skyflier
Green-eyed Gusty
Sparkler
Surprise
Hearth Throb
Curly haired Firefly

Now for the release in the Netherlands and Belgium. We got cards with the english and french language. The second earth pony set included:
CP applejack
CP bowtie
Magenta tulips Posey
Magenta cones LS
White tootsie
Magenta cherries Cherrie Jubilee

If I missed something or if I'm incorrect, please let me know ;)

Offline Ponyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Puffy stickers are my currency! Trade with me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 02:26:11 PM »
Yum-yum! Thank you for showing pics! :D I forgot to mention the magenta symbols on lickety and cherries. :)

Edit: one thing I'm still trying to figure out is if magenta symbol Posey, Lickety Split, and Cherries Jubilee replaced the ones allready in store, or if both versions where produced at the same time. They probably did replace as they can be seen as updated versions. I'm also trying to find proof about: if White Tootsie replaced green tootsie. They most likely where sold alongside each other with some stock left over in stores, but I wonder if she continued to be produced. Again I think not!
I know CP applejack and Bowtie stayed as they where, and continued to be  produced with the new wave.
I have also found some evidence that we actually got shy pose/curly hair Applejack for a little while (and she is a little bit diffrent then the US one. More deep orange. A bit darker, and the symbols have a diffrent tone of orange/red. This makes her a batch variation - brobably because she was produced so late) we got our earth ponies in late 1985/early 1986
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 10:40:58 PM by Norrskensljus »
My collection at Snupps:http://snupp.it/d8NITq
Instagram: @iPonyland

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2012, 05:15:02 AM »
Not sure if it helps, but in the UK, the magenta Posey, LS and CJ were a different set from the original ones. The original ones were in a set with Tootsie, Applejack (CP), Bowtie (CP) and Lickety Split. The magenta ones were sold with Honeycomb, Gypsy, Hopscotch and Snowflake. The second set ones had a different card entirely though.

*edit* French inserts suggest that there at least it may have been a different set: http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/tootsie.htm. That would account for the magenta versions, but whether or not the green Tootsie was in the original set is hard to tell!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 05:18:05 AM by LadyGuinevere »

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal