collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Nanowrimo anyone?  (Read 325 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Nanowrimo anyone?
« on: October 31, 2022, 07:32:22 AM »
Anyone else planning to do Nanowrimo (NAtional NOvel WRIting MOnth)?  It starts tomorrow!

Offline StarryEmerald24

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Nanowrimo anyone?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 09:51:40 AM »
I am! My fanfiction series has been on hiatus for a little while (*cough* years) so here's hoping I can finally crank out the next ones. They've been sitting in my head and rough drafts for far too long.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 01:46:10 PM »
I am! My fanfiction series has been on hiatus for a little while (*cough* years) so here's hoping I can finally crank out the next ones. They've been sitting in my head and rough drafts for far too long.

Haha, same.  This might be the year I actually finish the one I started in...(goes to look it up)...2014.

Offline StarryEmerald24

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2022, 01:58:31 PM »
Mine doesn't seem so bad, then, since the last time I finished one was (I had to check, too ^-^') July 2020. Here's hoping we both make it!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2022, 10:44:47 PM »
You can do it!  I managed to get caught up on my word count.  I've got some days off coming up so I hope I can get ahead.  My local Nano group has a Bingo challenge that's been fun so far. 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2022, 03:58:59 AM »
I'm here to wish you guys all luck and cookies powering on with your writing projects :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline StarryEmerald24

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2022, 10:31:54 AM »
I'm here to wish you guys all luck and cookies powering on with your writing projects :)

Thanks!

And the bingo card looks neat! I can already check off a few :happy: We got this!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2022, 08:03:31 AM »
I'm looking at my editing and considering why there isn't a Nano-unwrimo to balance out the writing targets :)

I have successfully removed around 12k words from my story in the last couple of days and frankly, that's an achievement because the word count was well over where I wanted it to be.

I don't think I'd want to unwrite 50k as a target, but honestly, writing more effectively is my general writing goal, and tightening up my prose feels like a victory to me.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline StarryEmerald24

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2022, 10:03:18 AM »
I'm looking at my editing and considering why there isn't a Nano-unwrimo to balance out the writing targets :)

I have successfully removed around 12k words from my story in the last couple of days and frankly, that's an achievement because the word count was well over where I wanted it to be.

I don't think I'd want to unwrite 50k as a target, but honestly, writing more effectively is my general writing goal, and tightening up my prose feels like a victory to me.

That's what December's for, lol!

I guess you really can't put a word count to how much you get rid of or that'd get chaotic. Maybe a percentage?

I've fallen a few days behind on my writing target. :sad: I'd been handwriting pages and then going back to type them up and edit and add more, but I had fallen behind on typing and spent a few days catching that up. Here's to writing an extra 10,000 somehow this week on top of the daily goal!  -_-  :work:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2022, 01:27:28 PM »
I'm about 5k behind on words but I have some time off coming up so maybe I'll actually manage to get it caught up.

Good luck everyone!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2022, 08:49:47 AM »
I guess that's true, it would be a bit chaotic if you were working in minuses, since you want to cut what needs to be cut.

I've easily written well over 50k already this month, but the minus 12k is more of an achievement for me. I tend to go off on a ramble if I'm not careful, and I'm trying to be more disciplined with what I write.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2022, 09:34:14 PM »
I got really behind last week because someone gave me their cold that they claimed was just allergies so I managed a few words on a couple of days but now I'm only at 32k so unless I get a major flow going, I don't think it's going to happen this year.  But I did get a lot done on the fic I've been trying to finish so it's not a total loss.  :)

Offline StarryEmerald24

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2022, 07:07:20 PM »
I got really behind last week because someone gave me their cold that they claimed was just allergies so I managed a few words on a couple of days but now I'm only at 32k so unless I get a major flow going, I don't think it's going to happen this year.  But I did get a lot done on the fic I've been trying to finish so it's not a total loss.  :)

That's really good! I never made up for the 10,000 I was behind and I didn't get as much as I wanted to done around Thanksgiving so I ended up at around 32k as well!  ^^;

I've always been a short story person, so I had four in a series going on at once. I almost completely completed one of the four stories I was working on, and am most of the way through two others, with the other one kind of meh so far. It was the only one of the four I didn't really know what I was going to write going into it, so I was, and still am, procrastinating on it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal