collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wah! Wal-Mart Why?  (Read 847 times)

Glitzy Gems

• Trade Count: (0)
Wah! Wal-Mart Why?
« on: January 26, 2013, 05:13:23 PM »
The Wal-Mart in my area has stopped stocking most pony items; their reset removed the blind bag ponies completely, which was really upsetting! It used to be the only place to get ponies, because TRU was too expensive and Target's stock was almost zilch. Now with the reset, all they have are the mini three-packs and Crystal Motion ponies, and they're grossly marked up, with Hello Kitty and Disney things taking over the display, it's so upsetting. :(

Has this happened to you guys? Because I'm really just counting on Target (which has a lot more stock now, but STILL stuck on Wave 4 bbs) or TRU (also only has Wave 4) to get the new waves. :(

((I also won't be able to get the Fluttershy, AJ, and Rarity plushies >:I  DRAT! ))

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Wah! Wal-Mart Why?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 05:40:43 PM »
  It's happened before in my Walmart, but they came back. They might just have a stock lull right now. If it's anything like the clothing store where I work, they rearrange all the time depending on what comes in. I hope the ponies come back! I don't see why they wouldn't, they're selling so well right now!
I'll put something here some time

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 05:51:54 PM »
They'll shuffle things around again soon.  They just want variety on the shelves for people to get interested in.  :)
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 05:56:44 PM »
Yep, they did kind of the same thing in my Wal-Mart; it's not gone completely, but it's shrunk considerably. :hug:  Keep your hooves crossed that it's just a stock lull! ^.^

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline Queen Eclipsia

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 06:14:15 PM »
I was just in my Wal-Mart today and they had plenty - even picked up one of those larger plush Rainbow Dashes so he could join Pinkie and Twilight. Last year, there was next to nothing! There's hope!

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 07:14:24 PM »
I was just down in my local supermarket where they usually had the pony singles. Much to my dismay, they've replaced them with Polly Pocket :c
:fox:

Glitzy Gems

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 07:16:24 PM »
It's happened at almost all the walmarts I've been to  :yikes: (I'm in NC)

The only one I've been too lately with a really good stock was in Albemarle, NC, and I'm 400 miles away from there...  :cry:

kirstinb

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 07:22:00 PM »
Don't worry, they will come back! It's 2013 so they're getting in new things and resetting the shelves... Walmart is restocking currently. When it comes back, they will have new toys most likely!

Source: Mother is the manager of Walmart

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 07:34:22 PM »
My wal mart is getting in new ponies. So do not worry about it, just give it time and there will be more ponies :)

Offline Raindrop

• Trade Count: (+299)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 09:35:59 PM »
I was in Wal-Mart today, and they didn't have much but they did have some of the new crystal empire motion singles and the Luna/Rarity and Celestia/Pinkie sets and some FS ponies.  I think we'll see more as the year goes on.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 11:11:10 PM »
Don't give up hope!  One of the Walmarts near me didn't have a pony section AT ALL when it first opened.  I asked one of the people who worked in the toys area about it and he said that their store wasn't going to carry My Little Pony.  So it was actually MLP-less the first few times I went there.  Then one day, low and behold, a MLP section appeared!  And it has remained in place ever since. :) 

Offline agnusdei

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • little lamb
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 11:28:56 PM »
My Wal-Mart has been pretty sparse on the pony for at least a year or so; no plushes, blind bags, trading cards, and didn't get the free posters. It's frustrating because they never get things that are supposed to be Wal-Mart exclusives, either. As others have said, hopefully your pony section will buck up soon as they move things around. I've pretty much lost hope on mine haha.

Billibrony

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 01:05:19 AM »
Walmart sucks!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 08:39:54 AM »
Walmart sucks!

Indeed but people shop there for whatever reason...  :(  Too bad they influence the market so much with their purchasing power.  Pink Celestia is the perfect example!  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2013, 12:35:30 PM »
Honestly don't worry about it :) Not all stores carry everything at the same time - restocks and resets will mean ponies come and go. Just check out a few of the other threads on the same topic recently about the same thing and check your stores in the next few weeks - you ll find ponies back again!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal