collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I feel like the only MLP fan in this state  (Read 2298 times)

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I feel like the only MLP fan in this state
« on: April 07, 2012, 03:21:53 AM »
It's no secret that I love MLP & MLP:FiM but I feel like most people I tell around here just don't get it. It definitely makes me a bit jealous when bronies & pegasisters find fellow fans in their area because I feel like there is just no one around here.
Am I the only one that seems to be facing this problem? I just think it would be cool to know a few people in my state to talk to about ponies and even help each other with pony hunting  ^.^  Guess I'm also just starving for pony friends in general, I feel like everyone I know is getting really tired of always hearing about my constant pony tales  :lol:

I live in CT by the way... I feel like all the fans around here are either in NY or MA  :huh:

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Re: I feel like the only MLP fan in this state
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 05:12:23 AM »
I'm sure there are some members here from CT ..... I understand what you mean though because there are no pony people near me either :yikes:

Perhaps you could make the title of this thread ' looking for pony people in CT' or something like that :) maybe somebody could organize a pony meet in CT and that's a great way to meet other collectors ;)
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 06:20:55 AM »
Hey!! I think Tuney might live in CT!!!  (Tuneful87)

I know he moves around a lot (silly traveling Tuney), but he is one of our mods!!!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 06:23:51 AM by kittybethy »

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 08:03:04 AM »
I sort of know the feeling. I randomly bumped into a brony when my brother and I were out and we bumped into one of my brother's friend and the friend he was with was a brony. Although, I know of one other member on here who lives in my general area, as in the same county.
But saying that, my town isn't exactly a place you'd expect to find bronies.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 08:49:05 AM »
I would second what others have said...you could try posting an "anyone in CT" kind of thread...you may track people down that way!

I know there are pony people in the same county as me but from the lack of pony purchases at local stores I guess not many in the same town...but it is a fairly small tourist town with an older population demographic. Where I stay in the city, I would guess from how quickly blind bags, etc clear out there are plenty of pony fans - but the its a big city with 3 universities and very young population. So I get a little of both worlds!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 08:56:21 AM »
I know how you feel. I haven't met any fans IRL, either. Of course, I'm a homeschool student with no job, so I don't really have a lot of opportunities to meet people. I'm too shy, anyway...

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 08:59:32 AM »
I ran into a coworker who saw me drawing ponies during my break and it turned out she likes MLP. We haven't really talked about it since though and I can't even remember which coworker it was very well. Other than that, the only pony fan around here is my niece and she's about 20 years younger than I am so......yeah. =P I feel like a lot of people don't understand it also.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 11:24:16 AM »
I _think_ I would want a pony friend, and then I realize they would be competition at thrift stores and such... which stresses me out.  So I don't think I could go pony hunting with them.  But grooming and rehairing and customizing?  Sure, I'll hang out with someone for that. 

I don't really make a habit of watching MLP animation so they might not find it very exciting.  Likely we'd watch some form of anime while playing with ponies.  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 11:29:56 AM »
I know how you feel! There are people in my state, but it seems like most of them like 3-4 hours away, so there's no real chance of a meetup. :c
:hugs:
I would definitely make a thread, like the others have suggested, with a title like "Anyone in CT?".
Good luck finding pony friends! ^.^

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 11:30:43 AM »
We used to have meets there until I moved away!  I still have a few friends there that collect, but they're not online often.

What side of the state do you live on? I know some awesome places to look for ponies!

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 03:05:36 PM »
Thank you all, it's just something that frustrates me sometimes  :lol:  I think I'm going to make a new thread and try to find fellow CT collectors  ^.^

We used to have meets there until I moved away!  I still have a few friends there that collect, but they're not online often.

What side of the state do you live on? I know some awesome places to look for ponies!
That would be awesome! I live in the north west corner but I don't mind traveling around the state a little for pony hunting  :)

Post Merge: April 07, 2012, 03:06:30 PM

I _think_ I would want a pony friend, and then I realize they would be competition at thrift stores and such... which stresses me out.
This crossed my mind recently as well  :lol:

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 04:25:51 PM »
I _think_ I would want a pony friend, and then I realize they would be competition at thrift stores and such... which stresses me out.
[/quote]

Gee, I don't know, it's kinda nice to have a pony friend...
Someone who will spend HOURS talking about ponies with you without thinking you're batty...
Someone you can have re-pinking parties with...
Someone who understands why you want to customize that particular pony...
Someone who supports your constant pony buying.
Someone that's glad to get ponies as a gift...
Someone who will share (most) doubles with you and you with them.

I'm glad I have my local pony friend, HavAcrumpet452 (although we've put up with each other for 15 years now...).
We each have our ways of finding ponies and try give each other space. She thrifts and goes to goodwill often, I do quite a bit of searching online. Somehow we make it work. We're human, we can be competitive and get jealous of what the other person finds, but honestly, most of the time we're just glad to that we found any pony!

Plus she knows that it's in my will that when I die she gets my collection. LOL

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline EvilMuffins

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 06:01:01 PM »
Well, I don't live in CT, but I'm about 40 minutes away from CT if that counts. I know there are MLP fans in NY, but they are all hours away from me. Not a one in my area!

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2012, 06:36:28 PM »
i totally feel ya, i KNOW there are other pony peeps around me, but have i met any? no. have i seen any? no. have i seen the decimated pony shelves left behind? YES! lmao

they're out there, sometimes they just blend in more so they can't be singled out fromt he rest of the herd ;) lol
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2012, 08:15:38 PM »

Gee, I don't know, it's kinda nice to have a pony friend...
Someone who will spend HOURS talking about ponies with you without thinking you're batty...
Someone you can have re-pinking parties with...
Someone who understands why you want to customize that particular pony...
Someone who supports your constant pony buying.
Someone that's glad to get ponies as a gift...
Someone who will share (most) doubles with you and you with them.

I'm glad I have my local pony friend, HavAcrumpet452 (although we've put up with each other for 15 years now...).
We each have our ways of finding ponies and try give each other space. She thrifts and goes to goodwill often, I do quite a bit of searching online. Somehow we make it work. We're human, we can be competitive and get jealous of what the other person finds, but honestly, most of the time we're just glad to that we found any pony!

Plus she knows that it's in my will that when I die she gets my collection. LOL

I know what you mean, those were all main reasons why I thought it would be cool to try and find some fellow collectors in my area  ^.^  Seems like it would be nice, you're lucky you have someone!  :)

Post Merge: April 07, 2012, 08:17:13 PM

Well, I don't live in CT, but I'm about 40 minutes away from CT if that counts. I know there are MLP fans in NY, but they are all hours away from me. Not a one in my area!
40 min isn't too bad  :)  I feel like I'm having the same problem though, most people live hours away
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 08:17:13 PM by ShannonInPonyland »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal