collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony game for IOS! Post your Gameloft IDs! ID List in first post!  (Read 189723 times)

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
Re: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic game for IOS!
« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2012, 06:01:13 PM »
On another note I have 5 of the Mane 6 and just found out that Rainbow Dash costs 500 gems! I think that is a little ridiculous for a main character and a part of the game that you have to have to complete the story. I really think the Mane 6 should have just unlocked as you play through the story. Gameloft still would make plenty of money off selling the background ponies. I have about 50 gems so I guess I will be trying to save up the rest and hopefully by the time a 60% off sale comes around I will have enough to buy her!
This! As I mentioned earlier, I agree with this. There's just no way people are going to be able to complete the game without spending money if they keep this up. Which is bad for little kids playing the game.

Maybe we should all go voice out our concerns at Gameloft's Facebook page or Hasbro's facebook page. I don't understand their logic of making background characters like Bon Bon, Soarin and The Cakes purchasable with only bits while the Mane 6 and CMC costs money. Nor do I understand these background characters being pushed into the storyline.

The way I see it:
- The story was unnecessary and felt like it was shoehorned in at the last minute as an afterthought to attract bronies. The game would be just as fun to play without it.
- The quest sequence does not make sense. Why are minor characters like Bon Bon, Soarin and Mr. and Mrs. Cake mandatory to welcome into the town?
- The balance of the game is off. The element shards are not distributed evenly, making it frustrating to play especially since it's tied to the parasprites issue.
- When parasprites spawn, they do not take into account what kind of elements you can get. This can get frustrating when parasprites that require elements that are not yet available at the point in the game spawns. At least offer an option to use Pinkie to remove the parasprites, even if it penalizes town production!
- Land upgrades are too expensive. The altars are placed too far apart.
- Removal of random trash popping up in the game costs too much.
- The mane 6, CMC and Cheerilee should be made purchasable by bits and not through gems. Heck, any pony that are mandatory in the quests should be purchasable by only bits.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 06:14:00 PM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

DirePony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2012, 06:15:31 PM »
On another note I have 5 of the Mane 6 and just found out that Rainbow Dash costs 500 gems! I think that is a little ridiculous for a main character and a part of the game that you have to have to complete the story. I really think the Mane 6 should have just unlocked as you play through the story. Gameloft still would make plenty of money off selling the background ponies. I have about 50 gems so I guess I will be trying to save up the rest and hopefully by the time a 60% off sale comes around I will have enough to buy her!
This! As I mentioned earlier, I agree with this. There's just no way people are going to be able to complete the game without spending money if they keep this up. Which is bad for little kids playing the game.

Maybe we should all go voice out our concerns at Gameloft's Facebook page or Hasbro's facebook page. I don't understand their logic of making background characters like Bon Bon, Soarin and The Cakes purchasable with only bits while the Mane 6 and CMC costs money. Nor do I understand these characters being pushed into the storyline.

Yeah I was floored when I saw what it took to unlock Rainbow Dash. That is a massive jump from the 45000 bits that Fluttershy cost. I just don't see how anyone could possibly save up enough to buy her without resorting to spending real money. What really irks me is Gameloft specifically said that you wouldn't need to spend money to play through the game and that obviously just isn't the case. I think it is just messed up when you have to pay 2 or 3 times what a Wii or PS3 game costs just to enjoy a game on your phone. And you know that the development costs to make this game are no where near what it would cost to make a console game.

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2012, 06:18:59 PM »
Can you make a gameloft id without facebook? I see people posting their usernames but I'm not sure how to make one.

I like the game, but the need to spend real money annoys me to know end. I have Bakery Story and Resturaunt Story on my iPod as well, and it's the same deal. I lost interest in those because of the fact that I didn't want to spend so much real money. It's a bit of a letdown in this game, honestly. I'd rather they charge money to get the app and have everything in the game available with just bits. The need to connect to facebook is annoying as well. I do not have a facebook, and I'm sick of things requiring you to have one to "unlock" certain things.

I also think it's very deceptive how the buying gems/ bits thing works. If a child plays it, I'd think it would be very difficult to distinguish between what costs bits and what costs real money.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

DirePony

« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2012, 06:33:54 PM »
Can you make a gameloft id without facebook? I see people posting their usernames but I'm not sure how to make one.

I like the game, but the need to spend real money annoys me to know end. I have Bakery Story and Resturaunt Story on my iPod as well, and it's the same deal. I lost interest in those because of the fact that I didn't want to spend so much real money. It's a bit of a letdown in this game, honestly. I'd rather they charge money to get the app and have everything in the game available with just bits. The need to connect to facebook is annoying as well. I do not have a facebook, and I'm sick of things requiring you to have one to "unlock" certain things.

I also think it's very deceptive how the buying gems/ bits thing works. If a child plays it, I'd think it would be very difficult to distinguish between what costs bits and what costs real money.

You don't need Facebook to sign up for an ID. Just click on the Gameloft Live icon and it has some information to fill out.

I agree about just paying for the App and doing away with all the meta purchases. I would easily drop $15 or $20 to get the full game. I would pay even more than that if it got a console release for the Wii or PS3. I am sure Gameloft realizes that if they made the Mane 6 easy to get without spending money a certain amount of people would be happy with that and never spend money on the background ponies. So I am sure this is their way of making sure that that doesn't happen.

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #154 on: November 11, 2012, 06:35:41 PM »
Congrats to dxgirly for reaching level 60!  :dropjaw:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 11, 2012, 06:42:25 PM »
Congrats to dxgirly for reaching level 60!  :dropjaw:

No congrats necessary. I used the time cheat, and am still stuck on getting Sweetie Belle. :\

Offline StarlightGaze

• Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #156 on: November 11, 2012, 07:00:27 PM »
Just have patience! So far I haven't used any time cheats except for a couple times when I mistouched (grr). I've unlocked just enough land to get 4 of the elements, and Loyalty is the next upgrade. I think the best way to make gems is to keep looking for :muffin: Pony because she'll occasionally give you a gem, and add as many friends as possible. Once you get 30 hearts, you can play the balloon pop game and get gems from that too.

I'm waiting for another sale! I'm getting so many hearts that I'll be able to unlock the rest of the heart ponies with ease and then I can go nuts with the balloon pop. I have over 100 friends on GL Live now and I'm waiting for 70 of them to go through the game invite... sigh.

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 11, 2012, 07:07:52 PM »
Made an account, so now I'm going around adding everyone! I'm Mosspath on that as well.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

DirePony

« Reply #158 on: November 11, 2012, 07:11:32 PM »
I haven't used any cheats either and I am at level 43 with 21 ponies and 5 of the Mane 6 unlocked so far and all 3 of CMC and 4 of the elements unlocked. I made great use of the 60% off sale that was up for a few hours. That being said saving up 500 gems is going to take a while. Honestly even saving up 300 for the sale price won't be that easy. I have 194 friends on my Gameloft list and only around 60 show up in my friend list. If they get the friend list problems ironed out getting enough hearts to buy those ponies won't be a problem. And the ones that cost bits won't be a problem. The ones that cost gems are going to be the problem as picking up a gem here and there just isn't going to add up.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #159 on: November 11, 2012, 07:22:51 PM »
how do you know when there is a sale?

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #160 on: November 11, 2012, 07:35:26 PM »
I agree about just paying for the App and doing away with all the meta purchases. I would easily drop $15 or $20 to get the full game. I would pay even more than that if it got a console release for the Wii or PS3. I am sure Gameloft realizes that if they made the Mane 6 easy to get without spending money a certain amount of people would be happy with that and never spend money on the background ponies. So I am sure this is their way of making sure that that doesn't happen.
Agreed. I'd rather pay $10-$15 for the game upfront and everything else in the game being sandboxed to in-game currency. What they're doing now is wrong given that this is a game for kids.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 07:54:39 PM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline StarlightGaze

• Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #161 on: November 11, 2012, 07:43:27 PM »
how do you know when there is a sale?

It'll say sale in red next to the menu icon. There was one a couple days ago, but it only lasted a few hours. Save up those gems and hearts!

Offline Vampasaurus

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Champion of Kirkwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 11, 2012, 07:47:29 PM »
You guys remember catnipcookie? She's my girlfriend, she used to post around here and she asked me to let you all know that her game id is Hyperkittycookie, add her too if you're looking for more friends and gifts.

:D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 09:28:44 AM by Vampasaurus »

http://vampasaurus.tumblr.com/

Aaryana

« Reply #163 on: November 11, 2012, 08:26:03 PM »
So, does it actually cost 30 heart gems to play the balloon game each time?

Also, someone mentioned a time cheat. How do you do that besides spending more gems I don't have?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 08:52:06 PM by Aaryana »

Offline Zenobiaa

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Just a little bit Ditzy Doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 11, 2012, 09:20:20 PM »
What....I left my game for a couple hours, come back, and my town gained 2 Parasprite clusters, the rocks multiplied, and the creepy face trees had babies e.o Plus one of the clusters needs Magic shards...Which I have exactly zero of and only get once in a blue moon .-. I was going to buy Spitfire now that I had enough but I think I'm going to need to expand or clear some stuff out to get enough room for another house.

I wish the game was more balanced, bits take a while to earn and lots of things are ridiculously priced, especially gem ponies. Celestia alone would come out to about 70 dollars. And she's not the only pony who has a gem price tag well into the triple digits. Expansions cost waaay too much, as do a lot of the ponies and the clearing of rocks (It cost 500 for a pebble).

Help me find my grail: FS :muffin: Pony/Ditzy Doo Prototype

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal