collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What ponies would you love if not for one thing?  (Read 3083 times)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: What ponies would you love if not for one thing?
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2017, 01:51:14 PM »
Definitely Beddy-Bye eye ponies.  Baby Ribbon (for example) would be such a cutie, if not for those eyes.  I'll agree with that little Luna, too.  Those eyes are just odd.

For my personal tastes, I'm going to include the 20th anniversary re-releases of the flat foots.  I actually really liked them at first.  Appreciated the color contrasts.  Didn't mind the thin tails.  But the fact that they can't stand up at all drives me nuts.

Btw, I'll take all of your unwanted so softs.  They're my favorites.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2017, 01:57:11 PM »
I might get flamed for that but for me it's.. Pinkie Pie.

I would love her... if only she wans't the replacement for my favourite pony ever: Surprise.

They needed a second earth pony (as they turned Posey into Fluttershy, a pegasus), to respect the balance of "2 earths, 2 pegasii and 2 unicorns" in the mane 6, and just took Surprise, chopped off her wings and turned her.. PINK (i bloody HATE pink)... and there you go, Pinkie Pie.

I just miss good ol' Surprise (even if, Yes, i know, she IS in the show, as one of the Thunderbolts, as Lauren Faust just couldn't abandon her totally -she's her fave as well, after all)...

Actually they just ported over G3 Pinkie Pie and made her more of a spaz. It's my belief that Lauren Faust is full of you know what sometimes.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 01:58:46 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2017, 02:00:54 PM »
I really love the Hair-Do Ponies, except for the whole piece of plastic maybe thing snaking out of their bodies to hold the hair-dos lol.

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2017, 04:45:28 PM »
The need for constant duplicates.
I love original G3 Pinkie Pie... but did I need her in 400 mildly different positions?

I also loathe the concept of a "Mane 7"!

I still can't enjoy Banana Surprise. She just looks so WRONG to me!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2017, 05:06:56 PM »
The need for constant duplicates.
I love original G3 Pinkie Pie... but did I need her in 400 mildly different positions?

I also loathe the concept of a "Mane 7"!

I still can't enjoy Banana Surprise. She just looks so WRONG to me!

Now we have 1 million more Pinkies.

Offline Heart891011

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2017, 05:31:36 PM »
I wouldn't love them, but I'd like the new 4.5 ponies if it wasn't for the open mouths
same here. I'm also not a fan of the weird poses. The few that are just standing are ok, but I don't like the weird poses and open mouths at all. The worst part is that their tongues are the same color as their bodies.

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2017, 01:44:31 PM »
Oh, I just thought of some more. The Family Friends and Family Babies ponies are cute in general (I hate that set name, though :P too wordy) but I wish their symbols were a bit more... connected to each other? I dunno how to word it. I like that they don't necessarily have the *same* symbols, but at the same time I wish there was a bit more of a theme to them? Mummy Berrytown particularly bothers me.. Daddy's symbol is a car and baby's is a bike so you'd expect Mum's to be another vehicle/mode of transport, but it's.. a shopping basket. o_O Actually, all of theirsymbols feel weird to me in general.. I dunno why, can't put my finger on it.

I wish the daddy ponies had been in Big Brother molds, too.

I do like them, though! They just don't 'grab' me as much as they could, you know?

edit: Ooh, and while we're on the subject of later G1 ponies - Baby Moondream. Love her mold, love her symbol, but I HATE the colour of it!!! Lurid orange on pastel pink is just.. :yucky: It drives me crazy since she's SO sweet aside from that, but that symbol is a dealbreaker >_<
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 01:49:03 PM by Carrehz »

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2017, 04:17:14 PM »
I'm definitely with you all on the Soda Sippin' ponies and the G4s that look like they are possessed from the front angle.

Sadly anyone in the Moondancer pose, but Moondancer and Sunbeam are otherwise so incredibly beautiful that like many people I have them anyway and try not to notice.  I really can't cope with the Mimic pose sadly, but not sad for my purse ha ha.  And the Quackers Pose is problematic for me too, so I just have my lovely de-flocked Angel, Sweet Tooth from my sister but none of the others.  I'm not a massive fan of the Posey Pose for some of the later ponies e.g. Stripes, Sweet Lily and Flower Bouquet.  The Dance N Prance ponies are also really cool apart from the skinny and plastic tail. Sadly also the Drink n Wets, BBEs, Newborns and Piggy poses are also out for me as well. I'll avoid the First Tooth babies as well if possible but Baby Tic Tac Toe persuaded me and a friend gave me Baby Fifi for Christmas. 

I also have an unfortunate problem with cartoony cutie marks in G1.  So I like Sunspot but I would need to fill her cutie mark in somehow to hide the face.  I was thinking of trying to find one with a damaged symbol and touching it up minus the cartoon face, but I haven't found one yet.  Star Dancer and even Napper are therefore also out for me.  Similar issue with the Magic Message ponies.  Their symbols fall off and you can't restore them due to the colour change, so I've got three waiting for alt- cutie marks and I still need Floater. 

With the G4s there are loads of gimmicks I don't collect, it would be quicker to list the ones I do like really.  But luckily there were plenty enough G4s that I did like  ^.^ I don't collect G3s with stumpy pegasus wings or Super Long Hair.  I'm just not a fan.

So yes quite a few, poor ladies!

I also don't like ponies with things that you would obviously need hands for.  So no ponies with tea cups, clocks, steam engines, tennis racquets or stringed instruments on them. Maybe I've deliberately built these things up too much to stop me from buying any more ponies!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 04:23:07 PM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2017, 07:00:42 PM »
I feel exactly the same about the Moondancer and Mimic posed ponies Artemisia Floc. I still need Moondancer and Princess Misty.

Offline MintySocks

• Singing Artsy Fartsy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2017, 09:06:20 PM »
Anypony in the Dancing Butterflies pose. DB is a gorgeous lady, but she looks like she's got an itch she can't scratch.
And all the collector pose originals that constantly fall on their noses. Did nobody prototype and market test these?

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2017, 12:00:04 AM »
Yes - I agree re: Moondancer pose - such a pretty pony but the side view of the body/leg proportions kind of look wrong to me...

I think my favourite pose is that of G1 Gusty, that is near perfection!
Gusty pose with a shy Bowtie head-turn would be TOTAL perfection!  :lol:

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2017, 01:58:27 AM »
And all the collector pose originals that constantly fall on their noses. Did nobody prototype and market test these?

Oh I forgot all about collector pose. So many pretty ponies are in this pose; it's a shame because they just look so depressed.

Offline MintySocks

• Singing Artsy Fartsy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2017, 08:35:18 AM »

Oh I forgot all about collector pose. So many pretty ponies are in this pose; it's a shame because they just look so depressed.

Definitely. I felt I simply had to go out and buy each of them a baby so they'd have something to live for. :lol:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2017, 09:35:09 AM »

Definitely. I felt I simply had to go out and buy each of them a baby so they'd have something to live for. :lol:

Same. I can't stand that pose and I love Snuzzle and Lemon drop. But I won't buy them. Now if they had made  ponies in the reboot CP/FF that Swirly Whirly is in I'd be all over them.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 12:00:08 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2017, 09:48:53 AM »
I would probably love the G4 ponies a whole lot more if there was more variety. It seems like all Hasbro releases is the same six ponies with maybe a few extra characters once in a while, just with slight variations with each release. Plus they're pretty expensive for their size.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal