collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

If Hasbro announced they would begin making sea ponies, flutter ponies, windy wing ponies, or boy ponies, but only on condition that they stop making either unicorns, pegasi, or earth ponies, which species would you be willing to give up? Accept as a prem

Unicorns
5 (7.7%)
Pegasus Ponies
7 (10.8%)
Earth Ponies
18 (27.7%)
I would rather keep the current species (even earth ponies) and not get a new species.
35 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: Which pony species would you sacrifice for a new species?  (Read 3028 times)

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Which pony species would you sacrifice for a new species?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2013, 09:57:09 AM »
earth for seaponies :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2013, 10:00:47 AM »
Um...what kind of question/poll is this when you're clearly very biased against earth ponies (really...earth ponies are terrible? Wut?)? I would never want to give up one of the main three type of ponies, they're all classic and compliment each other. If we were to get more boy ponies I would hope they would be of all three species, since they only tend to be earth, which is nice, but I would love a boy unicorn. If you had added alicorns I would have chosen them since they really don't do a lot for me. I have one alicorn in my entire collection, Luna, and I don't see myself loving any other alicorn enough to spend the money on one.

Um. . . what kind of response is this when you are very clearly biased against the initial pole? I have obviously left you the ability to vote for whatever you want, except alicorns.

As to not including alicorns--the real reason that I am not including them is, of course, because they aren't classic fare, and I think a lot of people would choose them just because they don't hold as much sentimental value. I want to know people's opinions in regard to the main three--dirty, wingy, and horny.

Anyway, I was afraid a lot of people would vote to keep all three, rather than trade one for another. What I didn't foresee was so many votes for unicorns! So come on, people! Vote! And vote for he earth ponies! They are not special. Also, all the jealousy they feel toward all the interesting species has soured their hearts and filled them with hate. They are basically criminals. Is that what you want in your house? Evil, hateful, criminal earth ponies? I know I don't!

So, I guess that's supposed to be funny? I don't see it.

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2013, 10:13:19 AM »
Honestly Id rather not sacrifice any of the speices.. Lets face it.. has bro is a multimillion dollar corporation.. if they WANT to make another variety THEY CAN. the crap about them not being able to afford it is just that.. bunk.
if they would stop with the repeats on the special sets.. seriously how many more pinkie pies do we really need?
then they could 'afford' to do what ever they liked.
so i say.. hasbro needs to get the lead out and listen to the fans..
keep the ones we got and expand... go look at g1
they had ALL three and lots of others.

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2013, 10:20:16 AM »
Um...what kind of question/poll is this when you're clearly very biased against earth ponies (really...earth ponies are terrible? Wut?)? I would never want to give up one of the main three type of ponies, they're all classic and compliment each other. If we were to get more boy ponies I would hope they would be of all three species, since they only tend to be earth, which is nice, but I would love a boy unicorn. If you had added alicorns I would have chosen them since they really don't do a lot for me. I have one alicorn in my entire collection, Luna, and I don't see myself loving any other alicorn enough to spend the money on one.

Um. . . what kind of response is this when you are very clearly biased against the initial pole? I have obviously left you the ability to vote for whatever you want, except alicorns.

As to not including alicorns--the real reason that I am not including them is, of course, because they aren't classic fare, and I think a lot of people would choose them just because they don't hold as much sentimental value. I want to know people's opinions in regard to the main three--dirty, wingy, and horny.

Anyway, I was afraid a lot of people would vote to keep all three, rather than trade one for another. What I didn't foresee was so many votes for unicorns! So come on, people! Vote! And vote for he earth ponies! They are not special. Also, all the jealousy they feel toward all the interesting species has soured their hearts and filled them with hate. They are basically criminals. Is that what you want in your house? Evil, hateful, criminal earth ponies? I know I don't!

I don't see that as funny either.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2013, 10:23:45 AM »
I would TOTALLY give up alicorns. I hate them.  :P I can't believe you didn't include them!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2013, 10:33:19 AM »
 Bizarre thread :popcorn:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline MANIMAL!

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2013, 10:36:54 AM »
Wicked? You mean because they are a symbol of the occult?

Everything is a sign of the occult :lol: no, i mean wicked like cool. BTW everyone who starts a thread that has questions already has a bias, they just want to feel justified and gather as many yes-men behind them as possible to make them feel better about their earth pony-hating selves.

Well, sad to say you ALL make terrible yes-men! Haha, and when I was kid, we couldn't have the unicorns, because they were a "symbol of the occult." Those were difficult times :p

Post Merge: October 25, 2013, 10:48:03 AM

Um...[shortened] one.

Um. . .[shortened]

Kind of a kill--joy. If you aren't enjoying the thread, if you don't get it, why are you posting in it? It's just rowdy fun, and if you don't get it or you don't enjoy it, move on. Did it offend you? I doubt you truly thought it was meant to be offensive.

Please let me explain this in a friendly way. Here on the arena I think we all agree that we should be friendly to each other and not abusive to each other. However having a laugh is par for the course.

I will admit that sometimes I come across threads that I don't get. We don't all share the same sense of humor. I would NEVER put another member down for cracking jokes that I just didn't find funny. I would move on. Please consider that when you make comments saying that people's threads are lame or self-righteously tell them a bit of rowdy fun (provided it is harmless and not vulgar) is not funny--THAT is offensive. I was offended. But I'm getting over it.

I don't think we have a problem here, but please try to be a little more considerate in the future. Thanks. If you are a troll, then never mind. I'm fine with that.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 10:48:03 AM by MANIMAL! »

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2013, 11:15:00 AM »
I can't speak for anyone else of course, but personally I couldn't tell you were joking...

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2013, 11:24:34 AM »
I learned a long time ago that you have a quirky sense of humor, Manimal.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline MANIMAL!

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2013, 12:08:35 PM »
I can't speak for anyone else of course, but personally I couldn't tell you were joking...

C'mon, who hates earth ponies (or ANY ponies) THAT much? :p I don't even dislike them. I just like to joke about them. Don't you ever joke around with your friends while acting serious? Isn't the give-away that it's too absurd to be serious? I'm sure we've all joked around about how heinous fakies are--but no one seriously HATES them, though some of us probably don't buy them.

In any case, when members don't get it, a good solution is probably to ask for clarification or send a personal message. Just ask, "are you being serious." I'm more than happy to tell you that I am a dork, and I'm being theatrical. Another alternative is to leave the thread to the members who ARE enjoying it.

However making abusive remarks is not the answer. It is a HUGE turn-off, and it offends people. I frequently see members who feel like they don't appreciate a thread's humor and that give's them the right to put people down. I normally look the other way when I see it, but I think it merits some discussion.

So my request is this-- if people are being absurd, consider whether it might be a bit of dry humor. If you don't get it, ask about it. From what I've seen, the sillier people on the arena are generally pretty gosh darn nice. If you think someone's post is stupid, move on. If you need to speak to others in a belittling way, there are forums for that.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2013, 12:14:34 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind earth ponies they aren't that bad. Though if I had a choice I would go with boy ponies as an switch. Manimal don't loose your sense of humor. I think its great. :)

Offline MANIMAL!

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2013, 12:18:04 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind earth ponies they aren't that bad. Though if I had a choice I would go with boy ponies as an switch. Manimal don't loose your sense of humor. I think its great. :)

:p

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2013, 12:20:05 PM »

:lol:

Offline MANIMAL!

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2013, 12:41:42 PM »

:lol:

Oh, SkyCakes, your Firefly is always with me! And her evil twin. . .

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2013, 12:55:52 PM »
Personally, i think you're a weirdo, Manimal and i will continue to be your arch nemesis. Lurking. Me. In the shadows and murky depths of the sea when you go swimming and are at that point where something in your brain clicks that says you can't touch the bottom even with a tippy toe. That's me. *sinister and baffling evil laugh*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal