collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

If Hasbro announced they would begin making sea ponies, flutter ponies, windy wing ponies, or boy ponies, but only on condition that they stop making either unicorns, pegasi, or earth ponies, which species would you be willing to give up? Accept as a prem

Unicorns
5 (7.7%)
Pegasus Ponies
7 (10.8%)
Earth Ponies
18 (27.7%)
I would rather keep the current species (even earth ponies) and not get a new species.
35 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: Which pony species would you sacrifice for a new species?  (Read 3027 times)

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Which pony species would you sacrifice for a new species?
« on: October 25, 2013, 07:15:06 AM »
Read the question and answer. My answer is easy--I would give up earth ponies, I think they are the most boring!!! You can't give up alicorns--I'm not willing to even give you that choice. Partly because I want to force as many people as possible to chose earth ponies.

EDIT!!!

The premise is that Hasbro is again making new characters, not just main six! (that wouldn't fit in the question!)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 07:21:32 AM by MANIMAL! »

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
Re: Which pony species would you sacrifice for a new species?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 07:19:02 AM »
I can do without another animal with a horn...magical elk and such are wicked...so on the realization i will have thousands of finely sculpted glass unicorns thrown at me, i sacrifice the horn. :)

Offline MANIMAL!

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 07:31:02 AM »
Wicked? You mean because they are a symbol of the occult?

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 07:31:26 AM »
If I were angling for Flutter/Windy Wing ponies I would sacrifice pegasi, swap some wings for more interesting wings... I LOVE Earthies but I guess I would sacrifice them for a chance at Big Brothers. I guess. I wouldn't like to sacrifice any species of pony for another but when pushed... unis and alis are a permanent fixture of small magic equine land, so it needs to be one of the others that gets taken out.

Wait wait wait... can I sacrifice all baby ponies for some Big Brothers? ;)

Offline Saiko

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 07:32:10 AM »
I had to pick unicorns, because I'm getting bored of them all having the same eye style, whereas pegasi and earth pones have more variety, and I reckon I could add horns on to half of the new earth pony characters myself.
:heart:

Offline MANIMAL!

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 07:45:43 AM »
If I were angling for Flutter/Windy Wing ponies I would sacrifice pegasi, swap some wings for more interesting wings... I LOVE Earthies but I guess I would sacrifice them for a chance at Big Brothers. I guess. I wouldn't like to sacrifice any species of pony for another but when pushed... unis and alis are a permanent fixture of small magic equine land, so it needs to be one of the others that gets taken out.

Wait wait wait... can I sacrifice all baby ponies for some Big Brothers? ;)

Haha, I didn't think about killing the babies. But no, this is not about ages, it's about how terrible earth ponies are. You guys are killing me!

And Saiko, the eye styles are changing in this scenario--even Sunset shimmer has new eyes now!

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 08:26:27 AM »
Um...what kind of question/poll is this when you're clearly very biased against earth ponies (really...earth ponies are terrible? Wut?)? I would never want to give up one of the main three type of ponies, they're all classic and compliment each other. If we were to get more boy ponies I would hope they would be of all three species, since they only tend to be earth, which is nice, but I would love a boy unicorn. If you had added alicorns I would have chosen them since they really don't do a lot for me. I have one alicorn in my entire collection, Luna, and I don't see myself loving any other alicorn enough to spend the money on one.

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 08:36:05 AM »
More earth ponies for me that way! :smug: *grabs 'em up*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline MANIMAL!

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 08:53:36 AM »
Um...what kind of question/poll is this when you're clearly very biased against earth ponies (really...earth ponies are terrible? Wut?)? I would never want to give up one of the main three type of ponies, they're all classic and compliment each other. If we were to get more boy ponies I would hope they would be of all three species, since they only tend to be earth, which is nice, but I would love a boy unicorn. If you had added alicorns I would have chosen them since they really don't do a lot for me. I have one alicorn in my entire collection, Luna, and I don't see myself loving any other alicorn enough to spend the money on one.

Um. . . what kind of response is this when you are very clearly biased against the initial pole? I have obviously left you the ability to vote for whatever you want, except alicorns.

As to not including alicorns--the real reason that I am not including them is, of course, because they aren't classic fare, and I think a lot of people would choose them just because they don't hold as much sentimental value. I want to know people's opinions in regard to the main three--dirty, wingy, and horny.

Anyway, I was afraid a lot of people would vote to keep all three, rather than trade one for another. What I didn't foresee was so many votes for unicorns! So come on, people! Vote! And vote for he earth ponies! They are not special. Also, all the jealousy they feel toward all the interesting species has soured their hearts and filled them with hate. They are basically criminals. Is that what you want in your house? Evil, hateful, criminal earth ponies? I know I don't!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 09:03:10 AM »
Oh, Manimal :lol:

I voted for unicorns. The are most capable of gutting you with ease in a revolt.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline MANIMAL!

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 09:06:38 AM »
I thought unicorns were everyone's favorites! I mean, pegasus ponies were always mine, but it always seemed like the sentiment on here leaned mainly to the unicorns. You people are shocking me! And you're KILLING the poor unicorns, with your lack of love!

Black Curtains, at least your answer is entertainingly justified.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 09:07:35 AM »
I'm not brave enough to let any go, haha I had to pick keep 'em all! :biggrin:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 09:10:35 AM »
Manimal, you made me laugh so much with your anti-Earth pony tirade. XD

I did vote for Earth because I can always swap the heads from of a pegasus and unicorn to make Earth ponies and alicorns! HA!

Seriously though- Hasbro, make big brother ponies!!!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 09:12:47 AM by Salli »

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2013, 09:29:19 AM »
I'd give up earth or pegasus ponies for bat-winged ponies.  I've always wanted to see how it would look to have bat-winged ponies for like a Halloween-themed pony or something.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2013, 09:41:24 AM »
Wicked? You mean because they are a symbol of the occult?

Everything is a sign of the occult :lol: no, i mean wicked like cool. BTW everyone who starts a thread that has questions already has a bias, they just want to feel justified and gather as many yes-men behind them as possible to make them feel better about their earth pony-hating selves. I deride your posse-making abilities, Manimal! Kill the unicorns! Pick apples with their pointy skulls to feed the earth bound hordes! AHahahahahahahaha!!
*note: no unicorns were actually harmed in the making of this post*
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 09:49:39 AM by SeashellnBubbles »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal