collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Am I the only one?  (Read 11597 times)

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Am I the only one?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2019, 08:51:41 AM »
I understand they want to strike hot with nostalgia, and so therefore are going with the original ponies versus, say, Watercolour Baby Sea Ponies.  Not everyone knows that set existed but I think most people have seen a Firefly or an Applejack pony in their lives.

Repetitive, but banditpony makes a good point that these are safer plastic than the older ones.

I wish they had done more different lines (maybe they will?) than just the first few years.  Give us the boy ponies and some babies, and something with a gimmick, then I will be satisfied.  Waves 1-3 have been all the basic, traditional ponies and I want a bit more fantasy.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2019, 09:43:22 AM »
Nah, I'm okay with it :) Beats Hasbro in their own brand right now. Although I do wish that they actually had a more global release. Nothing in stores here :(

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2019, 10:01:50 AM »
Nah, I'm okay with it :) Beats Hasbro in their own brand right now. Although I do wish that they actually had a more global release. Nothing in stores here :(

THIS doesn't make sense to me.

The UK haven't had AJ's set, which Norway and Finland etc seem to have had, but both here and the Norse countries seem to be getting imports from the US. Ours certainly are directly being imported (whereas the French ones have bilingual boxes).

What doesn't make sense is that in the eighties the Netherlands had lots of US imports with English language boxes.

But not this time?

I think they could do much better in mainland Europe if they tried. I'm really happy to have what we've had here, but I feel it's really unfair that most of continental Europe hasn't had any of these in stores. I am certain there are enough pony fans in the Netherlands, Spain and Germany alone to sell a LOT of these, never minding the kids. Even if the box was in English, couldn't they just print safety labels in the native language and stick them on?

And if our customs rules get messed up at the end of the year (looking likely ><) then importing them from the UK is just going to cost more again for those people (sigh).
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2019, 07:09:37 PM »
Also there's no need to call stuff I like ( chibi stuff) ugly.  I actually wouldn't let any children touch anything I own though.

I guess I'm the minority.  I don't like having a bunch of reproductions. I would rather have a new style of something to collect or new spins on the old designs.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2019, 07:29:08 PM »
I just hope they release Sundances! A repro Sundance and Megan set would be adorable.

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2019, 07:35:26 PM »
I actually love them. Holding them gives me such a fantastic feeling of nostalgia.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2019, 07:46:26 PM »
I just wish they would come to Australia  :cry:

Offline otocolobus_manul

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Connection Problems

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.