collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Took a trip to DDE today. :D  (Read 713 times)

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
Took a trip to DDE today. :D
« on: May 11, 2013, 04:48:57 PM »
Went to DDE today with my mom to find Brooke (my B&G Aurora) eyes and a wig so I can box her head up and ship it off to Xhanthi for a faceup (I managed to snag one of her commission slots this month!).

First, I found the most beautiful dark greyish/greenish/purplish/bluish eyes.  Then, I went through the wigs and kept picking up the same one over and over.  So I figured it had to be the one and I bought it too.  It's an insanely soft Monique Gold wig in a beautiful deep brown.  My mom was wandering around looking at things and found her a pair of adorable light blue flats that fit her feet and her personality perfectly!  So we got those too.  I'm so excited, she's beautiful.  :)  Tonight, her head gets boxed up with the wig and she'll be ready to ship first thing Monday!  I'm going to try to make her an outfit besides her tube dress (which was a gift from another doll lover at the meet when I bought her) before she comes home.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Terrible lighting, but they're just quick cell phone pics.  Brooke will get her first real photoshoot once she comes back with her face.

Even more exciting, I have my mom's birthday present lined up!  I had been trying to keep it a secret, but I really needed some input from her.  I asked the store owner to bring out a PukipukiPong Pong for my mom to see (it's the doll she keeps pointing out when she's looking at pics).  While she was playing with the doll and wigs, I asked about layaways and if I break the cost into 4 payments, I can afford to buy my mom her first BJD for her 55th birthday!  And I should be able to pay it off just in time to wrap up the box and give it to her.  If I can pay her off a little early, then I'll be able to surprise her with a faceup too (I'm getting a blank doll) and still have her on time for Mom's birthday.

:cheer:

I decided to tell her today about my plans, so she can start looking at outfits and wigs and figuring out what she wants to do with her (especially the face).  She's thinking champagne-themed, to live in the wine glass displays.  She's been texting me all afternoon she's so excited lol, and has already decided that she needs THREE!  :haha:  Bubbles, Merlot, and Semillon.  Champagne, red, and white wine themed.  She thinks maybe Ante for Merlot and has no ideas for Semillion yet.  XD 

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Flaileigh

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Took a trip to DDE today. :D
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 06:11:43 PM »
Glad to see your new girl coming along! Can't wait to see her with your other dolls~ Love that your Mom is involved, too! Do you need Kelly shoes? I think they fit Puki Puki's... I have a few pairs that came in sets that I don't need. PM me if you want 'em. (Freebies!)  ^.^

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 06:26:23 PM »
She has a great nose! I love strong noses on girl dolls :)
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 07:24:34 PM »
She is very pretty! Can't wait to see her with her face up!!!!

Love her shoes!!!!

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 11:27:53 AM »
So gorgeous!

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 11:29:44 AM »
Ahhh, she's so pretty. I can't wait to see her with a faceup!

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 08:26:23 PM »
Glad to see your new girl coming along! Can't wait to see her with your other dolls~ Love that your Mom is involved, too! Do you need Kelly shoes? I think they fit Puki Puki's... I have a few pairs that came in sets that I don't need. PM me if you want 'em. (Freebies!)  ^.^

Thanks, I'm excited to finally be getting her put together.  :)  I'll PM you about the shoes.  :lovey:

She has a great nose! I love strong noses on girl dolls :)

That's funny you say so, her nose is definitely the most prominent feature on her face lol.  It's not quite as harsh as that picture makes it look, but it really works for her face.  :)

She is very pretty! Can't wait to see her with her face up!!!!

Love her shoes!!!!

Me either, she's going to be so gorgeous!  And I wanted to find her shoes in my size lol.

So gorgeous!

Thanks!  I'll make sure to bring her next time we do a doll or pony meet so you can see her all finished.  :)

Ahhh, she's so pretty. I can't wait to see her with a faceup!

Thanks, I love her.  :lovey:

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal