collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about CAM sets  (Read 613 times)

Offline Aerora

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Question about CAM sets
« on: October 03, 2012, 09:18:55 PM »
I'm interested in customizing a (sea monster) CAM! Unfortunately, that includes rerooting, in a specific style that wouldn't work very well with a big bald spot.  :silly:

Just for clarification - if I buy the newer vampire/sea monster set, with both torsos, the head I'd get would be the one with the hard patch, right? Is there any way to tell the difference between a head with or without that patch, in photos that don't show the top of the head?

Foxy_Ninja

Re: Question about CAM sets
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 09:46:25 PM »
you use the yarn ball method by taking out the hard plugg and putting un a yarn ball in the hole to reroot that.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 09:56:07 PM »
I gave my seamonster yarn hair the other day (I will try to get pics tomorrow) and I rooted it like normal around the cap then glued hair strands folded in half onto the cap so the ends hang down. Man, bad description, but it looks great! It wouldn't work with synthetic hair though. You can also reroot a wig, I am trying that next for my ghost doll...

Offline Aerora

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 09:59:55 PM »
I gave my seamonster yarn hair the other day (I will try to get pics tomorrow) and I rooted it like normal around the cap then glued hair strands folded in half onto the cap so the ends hang down. Man, bad description, but it looks great! It wouldn't work with synthetic hair though. You can also reroot a wig, I am trying that next for my ghost doll...
Ahh, yeah, I wasn't planning on using yarn, just nylon (though that's good to know! I might try in the future, yarn hair is so pretty).

Mostly I'd just rather reroot a head if it's possible, change scares me :P I'm just hoping that if I order a 1-torso pack, it'll come with soft heads.

isilra

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 02:00:45 AM »
Another question about new CAM sets!

How many torsos there are in new boy CAM set? I mean the cargoyle and vampire set. I thought that there are two. But when I was checking them at ebay all sellers said that there is only one torso. I really want that set but I am not gonna buy it if there is only one (it is quite expensive at ebay).  :blink:

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 05:09:42 AM »
o_o There should be two, I thought. All the sets I've seen in stores have two torsos.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 05:37:58 AM »
The most recent release has two, the older has one. :)

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 07:37:11 AM »
I've never heard of anyone finding a Vampire/Gargoyle set with one torso.  They were released after they started putting two torsos in the packaging.  Early prototype stock photos showed only one torso, but they ended up releasing the sets with two.  I don't think you have to worry about a missing torso if you are buying MIB.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 11:26:12 AM »
The only set where there is uncertainty about whether you will get one, or two torsos, is Sea Monster/Vampire. The original release had one, later releases have TWO torsos. These dolls are both female.

Gargoyle/Vampire always has and presumable always will come with TWO torsos. These dolls are both male.

Witch/Werecat, similarly, always has and presumably always will come with TWO torsos. These dolls are both female.

Dragon/Werewolf, as far as we know, has only ever been released with ONE torso. These dolls are both female.

Not trying to be mean, just clear. This is for new, unopened sets. Of course, Mattel could always change things, but I really can't see them taking OUT a torso from later releases of a set when they started them with two specifically because of huge popular demand/dislike for having only one torso.

isilra

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 01:52:18 PM »
Thank you all! So good to know that there are two torsos!

Yes, I will buy it MIB. I was just really worried because almost all of the Ebay sellers wrote that there is only one torso. They even have pics about one torso sets! I quess that they are using those prototype stock photos. And maybe they donĀ“t really know what they are selling.  :lookround:

Keelee_von_Cupcake, thank you! That list is really clear and not mean at all. It really helped.  ^.^
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 01:59:18 PM by isilra »

MelodyMistress

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 04:04:31 PM »
Also at shop.mattel.com they offer a 5-torso pack with the missing torso and arm and leg bits for the bee, 3-eyed ghoul, and skeleton. With a dragon and sea monster torso but no arm or leg bits. All that for $7.99 USD

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 04:59:03 PM »
I'm actually doing the same thing right now! I found a tutorial online that suggested cutting the hard plug out and actually trimming part of the wig cap to fit into the hole. It's pre-punched as well! I'll let you know if it works.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 05:03:19 PM »
I don't know if this matters, but I bought the Sea Monster pack that did NOT have the second torso [I already had it from the 5-pack] and she had a hard cap, so getting the older pack does not guarantee the soft-cap.

I rooted mine, but I gave her big hair that is swept back, so you can't see that she is terribly bald in the back :lol:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sea Monster - Kappi by reidelsol, on Flickrvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

Heart Shaped Box by reidelsol, on Flickr

Rainsong

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 05:43:09 PM »
A 1mm (or so) drill bit and a hand drill should make the hard caps rootable.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal