collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Family-Friendly Multiplayer Livestream Game Nights with Pony Friends  (Read 300 times)

Offline MustBeJewel

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • MD Pony Meet Hostess
    • View Profile
    • www.MustBeJewel.com

Hi everyone :)

In an effort to find more time to relax and unwind, while deeply missing my usual game nights with friends that dissipated during world events in the past few years, I decided on a whim to start hosting online game nights myself with zero prior experience and a bunch of nerdy gamer pony friends.  ^.^

So far, we have been alternating between Jackbox Games (we now have 25+ games to choose from!) and Fall Guys, and plan on expanding to new games as we go along.

I am placing a heavy focus on
1) Playing games that are FREE to play (or buying them myself so you don't have to) and
2) Making all content family-friendly.

You're welcome to check out our past game nights here: https://www.youtube.com/@MustBeJewel1/streams

Feel free to stop by and join us for relaxing evenings of nerdy fun with fellow pony pals:
https://www.youtube.com/@MustBeJewel1

Happy gaming! <3

"Livestream Gaming FAQ and Instructions

How to Participate in Livestreams:
Subscribe to my channel (yes, that feels cringey to write) for updates and easy stream access:
https://www.youtube.com/@MustBeJewel1

TO PLAY Jackbox Games:
1. Pull up the livestream on any smart device using a browser or the YouTube app. This is where you will be watching the livestream and seeing the game and trivia questions/etc. You will need to be logged in to YouTube to participate in the chat.

2. Open any browser and go to www.jackbox.tv. This is the browser you will be using to participate in the game.

3. Once you see the ROOM CODE on the livestream, use that 4-letter code to join in as a player using the jackbox.tv site. No registration or download is required. If all player spots are taken, you can participate as part of the Audience group.

FOR BEST RESULTS: Pull up the Youtube stream on a smart TV, computer, or tablet. Use your smart phone to access the jackbox.tv site and participate as a player or audience.

TO PLAY Fall Guys:
1. Download Fall Guys for free on a compatible platform (PC, Xbox, PS, Switch). This is where you will be playing the game.

2. Open a browser on your smart device and pull up the livestream on YouTube's website or app. This is the browser you will be using to participate in the chat if you'd like to. You will need to be logged in to YouTube to participate in the chat.

3. Once you have the game up, go to Show Selector --> Custom Shows --> Join --> Enter the code provided in the Livestream.

FOR BEST RESULTS: Pull up the Youtube stream on a smart TV, computer, or tablet. Use your smart phone to access the jackbox.tv site and participate as a player or audience.

TO WATCH
- Pull up the livestream on any smart device using a browser or the YouTube app. You will need to be logged in to YouTube to participate in the chat.

RULES
1. Please do not give away trivia answers in the chat. Only discuss answers after the timer has run out.

2. I am aiming for this to be at most a PG-13 stream and family-friendly, so please try to avoid inappropriate language and mature topics.

3. Grab your favorite snack and a drink, put your feet up, and enjoy! <3

4. ZERO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED! I often play games I've never even tried before--no skill is needed to join in!

LIVESTREAM LINK
Will be posted.

TECHNICAL
PLEASE NOTE: Your ability to participate successfully in real-time online gaming is entirely dependent upon your browser, browser settings, the device you are using, whether or not that device is fully updated/charged, your internet provider, and your internet connection speed. If everyone else is able to access the stream and participate in the game, I will likely not be able to help you with technical support during the livestream. If your devices/connection/etc are not compatible, please enjoy the stream and feel free to participate in the YouTube chat box.

Troubleshooting suggestions from Jackbox Games: https://support.jackboxgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/15794759415575-I-m-having-trouble-connecting-to-the-Jackbox-servers

Past Livestreams:

https://www.youtube.com/@MustBeJewel1/playlists

« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 09:04:23 AM by MustBeJewel »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

MustBeJewel.com 🌟 My Little Obsession 🌟 MD Pony Meet

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Family-Friendly Multiplayer Livestream Game Nights with Pony Friends
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 04:09:57 PM »
Sounds fun!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline cowboyopossum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I cannot contain my silliness | he/him
    • View Profile
Re: Family-Friendly Multiplayer Livestream Game Nights with Pony Friends
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 05:46:24 AM »
Ooh, that sounds like so much fun! Maybe I will join one day when I have free time.  :lol:

Thank you Squarepeg and Wizard for my profile and sig!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal