collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have you attended any concerts?  (Read 2775 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Have you attended any concerts?
« on: March 15, 2023, 08:48:50 AM »
Either recently or at all?

I used to go to them more often when I lived in Wisconsin because I had both Milwaukee and Chicago to choose from. I've been to a few local ones since living in Florida, but I don't get out much.

I've seen mostly heavy metal shows :)

The most memorable was seeing Tool twice and Rammstein for their very first Chicago show.

Some other good ones were Milwaukee Metalfest 14 back in the day. Slaughterfest here in Florida twice when I first moved.

Worst concert was Poison, Ratt and LA Guns. Ratt was great. LA Guns were drunk and the singer (can't remember his name) didn't know the lyrics. Poison probably would have been fine if they played songs anybody liked, but they played mostly from the Tribal album which was a bomb.

If I could see anyone in concert it would be my favorite band Septicflesh. They have done recent concerts with an orchestra on stage with them instead of having it piped in. That would be amazing to see live.

What concerts have you been to? Who would you like to see? :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Have you attended any concerts?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 09:14:53 AM »
I have seen:

Tori Amos
NIN / A Perfect Circle
Smashing Pumpkins x2
KORN
Green Day/ My Chemical Romance

now concerts are way too expensive...  and I despise the Ticketmaster system... I used to wait in line in-person but they eliminated that method pretty much...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 02:19:31 PM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023, 09:36:32 AM »
I love concerts! I still don't drive yet so my dad always takes me to them. I want to try to start learning to drive later this year (like around October or so) so hopefully then I won't need to rely on him to be able to go to them.

I think this these are all the ones I've been to:

-Roger Waters (performing The Wall, May 24th, 2012)
-Ringo Starr & His All Starr Band (July 14th, 2012)
-Paul McCartney (July 19th, 2013, tbh what I remember most from this is tripping on the sidewalk of Seattle and scraping my legs really badly on the way to the venue....)
-Ninja Sex Party (September 26th, 2017)
-Protest The Hero (opening acts Thank You Scientist and Closure in Moscow, April 2nd, 2018)
-Thank You Scientist (opening acts In The Presence of Wolves, Kindo, & Black Sun Moon, May 1st 2019)
-Babymetal (opening act The Hu, October 16th, 2019)
-Between the Buried and Me (August 27th, 2021)
-King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard (Opening act Leah Senior, October 6th, 2022)

As far as who I'd like to see..... I guess just anybody I'm actively listening to right now. At the moment I'm really wanting to see Devin Townsend, an artist I just got into a couple months ago. I heard that he's said he will be doing an NA tour this summer, but it's not officially announced with dates and cities yet or anything. Once it is I guess I'll have to beg my dad to let me buy tickets. :P

now concerts are way too expensive...  and I despise the Ticketmaster system... I used to wait in line in-person but they eliminated that method pretty much...

Ahhh yeah Ticketmaster sucks. I hope their downfall comes sooner rather than later. I think I've only had to go through them once myself thankfully (at least for shows I've gone to since working and making my own money, the first three shows I went to were when I was still in grade school and thus didn't have a job, my dad paid entirely for those ones,wouldn't be surprised if those had been through Ticketmaster considering they're such big names).
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 09:38:03 AM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2023, 09:48:07 AM »
I’ve been to a few concerts. Some of these were at seen at fests:
Linkin Park (with Cypress Hill - my first concert)
Avril Lavigne
Train (my mom dragged me)
AFI (many times - they’re my favorite!)
From First to Last (Sonny’s pre-Skrillex days)
Taking Back Sunday
Green Day
Shiny Toy Guns
Flogging Molly
Lit
Plain White T’s
Rise Against
Seether
Switchfoot
The Killers
Blue October
Bullet for My Valentine
Say Anything
Hoobastank
Jimmy Eat World
3 Days Grace
Puddle of Mudd
Atreyu
Staind
Trivium
Anberlin
Flyleaf
Sammy Hagar (dragged there by my coworker)
System of a Down
Fall Out Boy
Slipknot

I REALLY wanted to see RATM (and had tix), but they cancelled due to Zack’s injury. I would looove to see Tool, Korn, and Billie Eilish as well.
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2023, 10:59:37 AM »
I don't like concerts, I'm scared of crowds.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2023, 11:45:22 AM »
I saw The Eagles and Joe Satriani.   It was way too crowded for both.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2023, 03:04:23 PM »
I've seen
Dir en Grey 3x one of my favorite Japanese rock/metal bands and i want to see them again XD

Apocalyptica -wasn't impressed with them cause I didn't realize they were a Metallica cover band I had only found their original stuff and they didn't play any of it other than I'm not Jesus and I don't care-

Luke Bryan -sister dragged me and had more fun than i thought despite not caring for country the guy can entertain at least

Phil Vassar -he is a riot to watch- if we had ditched the sister's boyfriend who suddenly was in a bad mood I think i might have enjoyed it better

Diamond Rio -amazing to watch- sister's bf also came to this one but was better behaved about it  think the sister told him she hadn't been impressed by his complaining the entire time at the Vassar concert.
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Baby Crumpet

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Never too many Tex's!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2023, 05:05:27 PM »
I LOVE concerts! I've been to loads, I'm honestly not sure if I can remember them all.

The Cat Empire (2014)
All Time Low (2016)
B.A.P (2016)
24K (2017)
Alt-J (2017, 2021)
Queen (2017)
One Ok Rock (2017)
Crown the Empire (2017)
Arctic Monkeys (2018)
Hobo Johnson (2019, 2019)
Mumford and Sons (2019)
Panic! At The Disco (2019)

I'm seeing Arctic Monkeys again in May. I'm not sure how excited I am, their last concert was my favourite I've ever been to and I don't think this one will quite be able to match the absolute energy of that one! After that I've got Fall Out Boy, which I am SO excited for! I am going to Glasgow and my best friend and I have a hotel booked too, we're making a trip of it. We went to a Fall Out Boy signing today, which was really good! I also might be seeing Rare Americans at the end of April, I've not decided yet.

I'd love to see Pearl Jam, they're my favourite band - I have a Pearl Jam tattoo. I'd also LOVE to see Foo Fighters.

:glitter: Thank you to Nence and starrynights for my signature and Trinity for my avatar :glitter:
Wishlist

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2023, 05:50:21 PM »
I love how we have so many artists listed and we haven't repeated anyone yet! 

Hmm, Tori was a very interesting first concert.  It was incredibly impromptu - I was dropping off one of my friends at the venue, when my other friend suggested that we park and walk up and see if there were any tickets left.  Sure enough there were some seats up in the stadium.

At the KORN show, I was right up in the very front and got covered with sweatdroplets when Mr. Davis flicked his hair around.  at NIN, this was a BIG deal cuz my mom did not want me to go alone to this show, but I bought my ticket when I had the cash (had a  job), and my friends parents didn't give them permission or money... so I had to confess that I had a ticket and ask for a ride or take the car.  Mom was mad and threw the keys at me.  then the car decided not to start after the show ended, and some very nice but very scary-looking dudes helped jump my car and all that...

I've gotten a mild concussion at both SP shows... other enthusiastic fans have a bad habit of colliding with my skull! 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 05:58:48 PM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2023, 05:54:40 PM »
Oh man, I’m not sure I can even remember all the shows I’ve been to! I LOVE concerts and since I’m usually going to see smaller, lesser known bands the tickets are very cheap. There are still a few smaller venues here that don’t use Ticketmaster and I love them for it! Last year alone I went to about 20 concerts!

These are some of my favorite bands I’ve seen multiple times and some bigger shows where you all might actually know the act. :P

AJJ (10x I think?)
  *this band is local so I get to see them allllll the time for super cheap, sometimes for free!
Jeff Rosenstock (7x)
Godspeed you! Black emperor (4x)
Grandson (4x)
The World is a Beautiful Place and I am No Longer Afraid To Die (4x, about to be 5 in April)
NIN (3x? Maybe 4?)
Joywave (2x)
Alt-J (2x)
Of Montreal (3x)
KISS (4x)
Black Sabbath (1x)
Iron Maiden (1x)

The World is a Beautiful Place is actually playing this year on my birthday in my city!! Me and my friend will be going, so I’m super excited for that!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2023, 05:59:46 PM »
You got to see Ozzy!  Oh lucky you! 
The Bad Trader List

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2023, 06:10:44 PM »
I LOVE concerts! I've been to loads, I'm honestly not sure if I can remember them all.

The Cat Empire (2014)
All Time Low (2016)
B.A.P (2016)
24K (2017)
Alt-J (2017, 2021)
Queen (2017)
One Ok Rock (2017)
Crown the Empire (2017)
Arctic Monkeys (2018)
Hobo Johnson (2019, 2019)
Mumford and Sons (2019)
Panic! At The Disco (2019)

I'm seeing Arctic Monkeys again in May. I'm not sure how excited I am, their last concert was my favourite I've ever been to and I don't think this one will quite be able to match the absolute energy of that one! After that I've got Fall Out Boy, which I am SO excited for! I am going to Glasgow and my best friend and I have a hotel booked too, we're making a trip of it. We went to a Fall Out Boy signing today, which was really good! I also might be seeing Rare Americans at the end of April, I've not decided yet.

I'd love to see Pearl Jam, they're my favourite band - I have a Pearl Jam tattoo. I'd also LOVE to see Foo Fighters.

Fall Out Boy was great! I would love to see Mumford and Sons.  :iconclap:

I forgot to list Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, AJR, and Trans Siberian Orchestra. I'm sure I'm missing a couple others.
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2023, 08:25:20 AM »
I was never a big concert person.
However I used to go raving a LOT!!! I did it in 1996-7, then later 2006-15. The latter part included many trips abroad to Holland & Italy, with some in England too, however most of it was in Scotland.
The community who loved the music I did was small, of about 500-1000 people in Scotland, & everybody knew everybody, so any dramas or fall-outs had massive repercussions!!! I had a circle of about 50 people I thought would always be close-knit, but they literally split in half at the start of 2015, which is why I had to give up going; the scene was causing me more stress than the music relieved!!!
To the community I was known as "that Pony-girl" as I took a Mascot Pony & my Starcatcher backpack to every single party. The Mascot Pony got messy & I had to get a display-quality one, but I'm not giving up the one who travelled everywhere with me!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2023, 08:51:01 PM »
I don't go to concerts, because I hate crowds and drunk or otherwise just rowdy fans.  :rant:
I watch concerts on YouTube in my own peace on my big TV screen or my laptop.  :relaxed:

If I could go to concerts, I would like to see Mayhem, King Diamond (Mercyful Fate also), Enslaved and Ulver live. :heart:
:zzz:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2023, 03:04:45 AM »
The only concert I've been to at a specific venue was Nightwish End of an Era tour in 2004. Nocturnal Rites were their support so I guess they count as well. I am short, my friend at the time who bought tickets placed us in the pit. I saw nothing but other peoples backs. I jokingly say I heard them live.

At festivals I've seen
The Hunted
Aqua
E-Type
Tomas Ledin
Backyard Babies
Lacuna Coil (This was back when they weren't big so I had no idea who they were at the time)
LOK

Can't even remember anyone else but there were a tonne of bands and singers there. Oh, well.

I'm gonna see Nightwish again this summer, for the first time in 19 years. I'm usually too scared to go to concerts alone and none of my three friends or hubby have the same taste in music so I've missed out on so much. But this time my mind is set. I'm gonna fly to Stockholm and see them! Alone!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal